• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did Fred ruin the show?

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Ruin the show?? Far from it. She was a fine addition even upon the a certain customs matter that brought forth her demise.

How she and Illyria was handled post Buffy S9 on the other hand....smh

Whirlwind

Faith's Boy Toy
Fred didn't ruin anything. She's a big part of why the show became as awesome as it did, and Amy Acker gave us one of the best performances of any Whedon show.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
That's the only time I really liked that character as well. When she was sleeping with that little dude and on the run and all. Those few episodes it started to feel like a real character and not just another character's accessory. Fred was passed around more than a collection plate at church. Angel, Wes, Gun, back to Wes, toyed with the idea of Willow, toyed with the idea of Knox. Hell, toyed with the idea of Spike even in Hell Bound. She just had to be paired with someone.
To be fair, Frillow sounds more interesting than Killow. Then again, Willow mistook Fred's friendly nature for flirting on her part

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Also, Fred is like ten years older than Willow is. Wil would want to party until 1 on a Wednesday, whereas Fred has to wake up early the next day to grade papers for her TA. I would also make a joke about Willow being into country girls, but as Tara's actual place of origin was never actually discussed...

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
I wouldn't say Fred ruined the show, but the show certainly ruined Fred.

EffulgentBitca
EffulgentBitca
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. Especially when the love triangle with Wesley and Gunn (later Knox) begins her character stops being explored and developed as it should have happened. Such a pity.
Top Bottom