• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you ever feel for Harmony?

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
I mean, was there ever a time you felt bad for her? Or even warmed up to her character? Personally I was never a big fan of her, even though she could be hilarious sometimes. But I did feel bad for her with how Angel treated her in S5, and also I did root for her in 'Harm's Way'. ;) Gotta love the scene where she knocks everyone out and put them in the closet, rofl! :p

Username
Username
[No message]
shadcat
shadcat
[No message]

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
Yes, only 2 times. One, how Angel treated her in Harm's Way, and two when Spike doesn't say goodbye to her when he decided to go after Buffy, and she has near tears in her eyes.

Gum Gnome33

"Well, yeah..."
Sineya
Yes! An 18 year old girl has her future ripped away from her--is forced to become an evil, dead, bloodsucking fiend with a serious sun allergy for an eternity, or until staked--whichever comes first. I mean, I guess you could feel sorry for all vampires to that extent. Especially those like Dru and Spike, for example, who were genuinely good people whose lives were ended, transformed--however you want to look at it.
In any case, as wretched as Harmony was when she was alive, she was just a young girl. And as wretched as she was as a vampire, she tried so hard to follow "company policy" of no human blood which is quite admirable and earns her lots of my sympathy. (Of course, we could talk about how ridiculous it is that we're asked to believe that a vampire just, *bam,* like that, can control her inner demon and "go veg." Especially someone who's about as deep and self-reflective as a kiddie pool. But that's a gripe for another thread!):rolleyes:

T
ticonderouga
lol, love the kiddie pool comment, so on the money

HalloweenRain

Balderdash and chicanery
I warmed to her character a few times, but mostly it was Xander's fault. "You're the hair-puller!" and "Why is it that men always...leave?" I men if the Xand-Man hadn't been there I would have found her less endearing.

Kody

Whedon-a-holic
I didn't warm to her until s5. Her friendship with Fred is what made me like her, and when Fred died, her determination to avenge her made me smile. I found her endearing then.

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
I really like Harmony. "Ditzy" blonde girls are often looked down upon and that makes me mad. Harmony wasn't that interesting as a human, no, but that's 'cause we didn't really knew her then. As a vampire she was funny and street smart. I wish she could've had more screen time. And of course I felt for her, spike treated her HORRIBLE in btvs and so did angel in ats many times. She didn't deserve that, especially not from spike.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Nope, not a single bit. She was a horrible person when she was alive and she was a horrible person when a vampire (albeit a hilariously crappy 'evil' she was still evil) and never did seem to have much of an interest in learning from her mistakes. Harmony's interest was always Harmony and whatever served her best at the time - good guys, bad guys, or anything inbetween...

As for Spike's way of treating her, yeah it was a bit heart-wrenching at times, but she could easily have left him instead of hoping to change him or whatever.

Mostly I felt that she annoyed me and I wished she would go far, far away.

Tome
Tome
Lol at the last line!
Abbeycat
Abbeycat
[No message]
S
sisterofmercy
Completely agree
T
The Scourge
[No message]

sosa lola

Scooby
I felt bad for her during S4 and S5 while she had that abusive relationship with Spike and during Harm's Way.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I only liked her in relation to others: the funny stuff with Xander and Spike, and as Angel's secretary in s5. But I absolutely can't stand her in the comics. I am doing a re-read and gritting my teeth through those issues.

H
HalloweenRain
I agree so much its making me groiny!

Konoe

Banned
You could say I honestly never felt for her at all. I didn't care about her feeling or anything but as a comedic character I LOVED HER!

I found her to be hilarious with her antics and how it was just put together.

Call me emotionally dead but I could of given a rats backside about them.

sisterofmercy

Ray of Sunshine..
No, never. She just came across as self absorbed, overly blonde and annoying, even when we were supposed to like her. Her relationship with Spike was bad but she could have easily left or just manned up and stopped being so whiny. If I were Spike I'd have dusted her the first chance I got.

Taake
Taake
[No message]

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
Yeah. Sometimes. When she asked why men always leave. My heart was like "ooh . . . ow."

And at times in season 5 of Angel. Like most everyone else here.

zobothehobo

Scooby
I felt SO bad for her in Harm's Way. I love Harmony though. After she becomes a vamp, I feel like she's very loveable. She's a terribly not evil vampire. It's cute. I also did feel bad about the way Spike treated her sometimes. "I love syphilis more than you" was a pretty low comment. It makes me feel bad for both characters.

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I can't speak to the angel episode cause I haven't seen it yet but in buffy, yes I do feel compassion for harmony... Much moreso when she becomes a vampire.

How she feels the only way to get spike's attention is through his anger...how she provokes it to get a rise out of him and her thinking that's love...

So often I think we let people treat us worse than we really deserve to be treated and I think this is very sad.

Ojuice5001

Reliable Dog Geyser Person
Oh yeah, it's easy to feel for Harmony. Both when she's working hard at being good, like in Harm's Way or even in Disharmony. Or in many episodes of Buffy, when she's also working hard at overcoming her weaknesses but in the pursuit of a bad goal like opposing the Slayer. And of course her relationship with Spike is highly sympathetic.

A lot of people complain that they don't find the "valley girl" personality (which Harmony obviously has) to be desirable (though, if male, they usually don't neglect to mention the simply physical attraction). But I've always had a thing for the valley girl type, for girls like Harmony and Cordelia. :cool:

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
I did feel a little bit bad for her over how Spike treated her. But only a little... as for everything else? No. She was a vapid, horrible person who treated everyone around her as a disposable piece of trash.

woogirl

Potential
I like Harmony. She's hillarious, had some great moments. I haven't seen her on Angel, so I can't say about my feelings about her there, but I'm pretty sure that it would be similiar to these on Buffy.

Top Bottom