• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you ever feel for Harmony?

Whirlwind

Faith's Boy Toy
I loved Harmony. I wasn't always on her side, but I definitely felt bad for her "In Harm's Way."

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
As much as I don't like her (as a person, even as a vampire), and I love Spike so much, I hated what he did to her, he was horrible! She loved him so much, kept crawling back to him, and he treated her like crap. I was very hurt for her.

R
Ripper666
[No message]

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
I loved Harmony, she sadly never got enough screen time so she was basically thrown in for comedic relief, but she was hilarious whenever we did see her. With that said, I did feel for her because whenever a character you like is put down you can't help but feel bad for them

Ripper666

Home sweet virtual home!
Most of the time I didn't like her but I felt sorry for her when she got treated from Spike so badly. Because that makes you feel like shi* .( If you are in such a sitiuation)

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I've just finished angel and I like harmony just so so so much more!!!

Yes I absolutely feel for her!

my favorite harmony moment is at the end of harm's way - when she's sitting at the bar with spike and telling him how she just wants to mean something to someone and he points out that that she must have meant something to that woman who was trying to frame and kill her... and she totally brightened up!

And also, how she jumps on marcus's back all vamp face so the others can get away.

badwolf

Potential
For sure. Obviously when she wasn't a vampire she was just annoying but after she became a vamp it was quite easy to like her. I'm currently on season 5 of Angel and I too am hating the way Spike is treating her. Although a favourite character, I think he is being a complete jerk. And I don't quite understand it, he has a soul and all and he can't spare one bit of compassion--perhaps this changes, yet to see the rest of the season.

When she was with Spike? Yes. All the time. He just used her and threw her away because he wanted Buffy, and couldn't have her. He never really cared about Harmony how she did him, and I think it was kind of tragic for her.

Dagenspear

Scooby
For sure. Obviously when she wasn't a vampire she was just annoying but after she became a vamp it was quite easy to like her. I'm currently on season 5 of Angel and I too am hating the way Spike is treating her. Although a favourite character, I think he is being a complete jerk. And I don't quite understand it, he has a soul and all and he can't spare one bit of compassion--perhaps this changes, yet to see the rest of the season.
Eh.

Harmony was basically just a dumb, less enlightened version of Cordelia. "How can anyone not love her?" Is my question.

EvilWillow

Scooby
I loved her in Harm's Way. She was freaking hilarious after she got turned into a vamp. And yes I did feel a little sorry for her on how she was treated. But then she betrayed Angel, and that made me mad even though I should have expected it.

Ripper666

Home sweet virtual home!
How could anyone love Cordelia in Season 1 then?
Interesting Question. But I am not sure if I really understand. Do you think: How we could love Harmony but not the first season Cordelia?
I think that Cordelia wasn't treated so badly from anyone. On the contrary she was the one who treated others bad. Of course Harmony treated the others bad too, but we know that she was treated as bad! It's a little bit like an excuse for her...(Not that this is ok ...) And I think it's a side of us humans that if we see someone is done wrong we feel sorry for him! But so another question arrives, why look we often away when such people need help...But that's another question and has nothing to do with the mainquestion.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
No, someone said that Harmony was Cordelia before she evolved into a good person, so they couldn't understand why anyone would like her. So I was just making the comparison that we liked Cordelia when she was all bitca-y, so it's not a stretch for people to like Harmony as well.

:)

Tome
Tome
[No message]

Dagenspear

Scooby
No, someone said that Harmony was Cordelia before she evolved into a good person, so they couldn't understand why anyone would like her. So I was just making the comparison that we liked Cordelia when she was all bitca-y, so it's not a stretch for people to like Harmony as well.

:)
No. You MISREAD it. I said that, "HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LOVE HER?", because she's like Cordelia in that way.

Read before you rush to disagree.

CrazyDru

Townie
I often feel for Harmony. I like her a lot. Probably 'cause I can relate to her. Now I don't know if that's anything to be proud of..... ;)

shadcat

Confidant & Sex Poodle
I just love her in season 5 of Angel. She is the comedic relief. Harm's Way is on TV right now and I love this eppy. *Knocks out everyone and shoves them in the closet* "I so owe you guys dinner" xD

I wished she could of gotten a soul so she could of truly been on the "good side." But yeah..not important enough and it especially doesn't work with the story.

K
kittenpoker
haha, yeah that's a great moment. :-)

TeamSunnydale

Potential
I really like Harmony, and although her goal might have been to be evil, she was never really. I did feel bad for her when she was pining after blondie bear and he didn't want her.

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
Do we have to like her to feel for her? She's evil, but that's not a green light to mistreat her. Like any vampire, she deserved a swift and merciful death, and the shameful thing is that nobody cared enough to give it to her.

Top Bottom