• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you like Lilah?

chasesummers

Cordy Lives
She's probably the least discussed character here and I found her to be very interesting as an enemy and her relationship with Wesly.

Do you like Lilah, and if so, what do you like about her?

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
No, not at all. She had moments when she was less annoying than others, but for the most part I hated Lilah.

Still a Scoobie

Nocturnal Lurker
She did annoy me sometimes but generally I liked her. Not sure I can pin down why, exactly, I think she's just one of those you like to see be a bad guy.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I wouldn't say she's the least discussed, but then again, there are a few of us who have been here forever, so we feel like we've discussed everything, lol.

On the topic of Lilah, I do like her, yeah. I think she's very driven, focused. She's probably the only character that I don't recall ever wavering or having any sort of doubts about what she's doing. She's killed a bad guy, but only because Billy was directly responsible for what happened to her, she only does things and aligns herself with people if it benefits her.

Lilah is in a man's role in AtS. No one would be bothered by what Lilah did if she was male. But she's female and that's what I love about her. She literally doesn't give a crap about anyone but her mother. Even Wesley was expendable.

Lilah's death was the one shocking moment for me in the whole show. It's the one moment where I literally felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. Not only that Lilah, someone who had been around since the very beginning, was dead, but that Cordelia of all people was the one who did it.

I wish she'd been around in S5. It would have made more sense to me if she'd been in Eve's role, given that she was still under contract by the Senior Partners. I don't think she would have worked in Eve's role when it came to Lindsey, but everything else, she would have been perfect. Especially with her chemistry with Angel.

thetopher
thetopher
[No message]
Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
[No message]
chasesummers
chasesummers
You mean Jasmin :P

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I loved Lilah!

She was, for the most part, unrepentant about her choices in life. And you need somebody like that, a boo-hiss baddie that gets some good lines and is fairly charismatic to play across from the good guys. :)

She was a strong female character, different to all the others on the show, but later on they managed to give her a couple of layers of shading to her character.

Her relationship with Wesley was one of the best things about S4, imo. I really adult realtionship about two lonely people connecting just for the hell of it.

So yeah, Lilah was a great foil for Angel, especially in S3 when she was without Lindsey for support she held her own pretty well. And her chemistry with DB was really very good.

Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
[No message]
chasesummers
chasesummers
[No message]
ExLibris
ExLibris
[No message]
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I love Lilah!

[MENTION=6332]Lyri[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head, Lilah is a woman playing a man's role, and I love it.

I like her best during s4, she's part of the reason why I still enjoy the season even if it's a bit messy. One thing that AtS does really well is bad guys. For the most part the characters attached to W&H are superior than the bad guys we see on BtVS.

Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
[No message]
chasesummers
chasesummers
[No message]

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I didn't mind her. She was a good representative of Wolfram and Hart. The thing I like it that she was a consistent character. She was always a bitch and selfish and that never changed, not really.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I like her in the sense that I really enjoy her and found her entertaining, but she is obviously an awful person so it's not like I route for her or anything. Though I do think it was a big mistake not having her in S5 of Angel. Every time I see Eve I just think, "You are pointless and should be Lilah." I imagine she and Spike would have teamed up to drive Angel around the bend.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
[MENTION=12446]chasesummers[/MENTION] agrees: You mean Jasmin :p
No, I meant Cordelia.

At the time, when I first watched this, all the way back in the 1500's, lol, we didn't know about Jasmine. We were still under the impression that it was Cordelia, that she was just a little different after her time upstairs. So, when I say that I was shocked when Cordelia killed Lilah, I mean just that. Because at the time, I thought it WAS Cordelia. In fact, this was the moment that made me go 'hang on, there's something really wrong here'.

So, yes, while it really was Jasmine who killed Lilah, upon the first watch, we all thought it was Cordelia.

Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
[No message]

chasesummers

Cordy Lives
[MENTION=6332]Lyri[/MENTION]
Wupps! so true... something fishy was going on with Cordy back then.
I really forgot what it means to ''watch it the first time'' :)

Andy

(:
Black Thorn
Lilah is a very interesting character. She has more depth than screentime would allow, and for a moment it seemed like she wasn't a completely soulless lawyer. She was written in a way that made me feel like I was supposed to hate her, but my entire youth was built around strong female icons, and she is definitely one of them.

I think the weirdest thing I can't wrap my head around is why I love her and Wes so much. Like, I am one of the most hardcore Fresley shippers and I will take that to my grave, but Lilah/Wes...it's refreshing, I guess. It's not like they take you to some fantasy world where everything's happy butterflies; it's very in the moment and rigid. I think that itself is half of the reason I respect Lilah, because she didn't succumb completely to the idea of a traditional relationship which is what a bunch of characters fell into. At least, that's how I saw it.

So yes, I love Lilah.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]
bespangeled
bespangeled
Yes - I love WesLah!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Lilah seems to be an adult, and is one of the few on the show. We see nothing of how she grew up or how she got hired at Wolfram & Hart nor do we know anything about her childhood other than she is supporting her mother financially in long-term care.

She has psychologically "left home" - we do not see her as the product of any childhood upbringing and we know less about her early years than pretty much anyone on the show. She has made adult decisions that resulted in her becoming one of the rising stars that went to Holland Manners' ill-fated wine tasting. W&H eventually led her into servitude to W&H that continued after death, but she accepted this as the consequences of decisions she made. This is one of her greatest distinctions in the Jossverse - she does not regret or agonize over decisions she has made, unlike almost everyone else.

She has been adult entertainment for Wesley and the coupling of a star of a demonic law firm and Wesley, a guy who had Justine tied up in is closet at the time Lilah and Wesley had sex certainly makes for an entertainingly dark love match.

And since nobody else has said it yet - Lilah is a hottie!

jom

Potential
Yes I like her, a lot. Wesley could had saved her and could had saved himself. She alone stood between Wesley and his doom, she alone, but he failed her. And his tragic end did not fail to find him

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I freakin love Lilah - I love her power, her unashamed selfishness, and her strength. I found Wesley and Lilah so much more interesting than Wesley and Fred. Honestly, Wesley telling Fred that he loved her before he met her seems like a tip-off that she's a fantasy on a pedestal. But Wesley and Lilah, both brutally honest with each other, and obviously hot sex! I wish she had been on season 5! And I love the part when Wes is getting up the strength to behead her, where he's telling her she could never love him.

Funny thing is I really didn't like her at the start but when she and Wes started to get it on they both expanded their repertoires. It's no accident that dark!Wesley is my favorite and his walk on the wild side with her really turned him into a different man.

Reactions: jom

jom

Potential
I freakin love Lilah - I love her power, her unashamed selfishness, and her strength. I found Wesley and Lilah so much more interesting than Wesley and Fred. Honestly, Wesley telling Fred that he loved her before he met her seems like a tip-off that she's a fantasy on a pedestal. But Wesley and Lilah, both brutally honest with each other, and obviously hot sex! I wish she had been on season 5! And I love the part when Wes is getting up the strength to behead her, where he's telling her she could never love him.

Funny thing is I really didn't like her at the start but when she and Wes started to get it on they both expanded their repertoires. It's no accident that dark!Wesley is my favorite and his walk on the wild side with her really turned him into a different man.
agree 100%. Wesley's death i think was the saddest and most emotional of all buffyverse's deaths, and the fact that he and fred were together contributed to it. But the reality is that Wesley and fred's love was more of a fantasy, especially on his part and it lead to his tragic end. What he had with Lilah was more real and longer, and eventhough they were using eachother at the beginning , they developed a care for each other, their sex was hot, there was even cuddling. Lilah was falling for him, she stalked him when he left her to go and see fred at the university, and when the beast defeated the angels, she went to his apartment to see if he was alright--she gave a good sigh of relieved when he openned the door. He broke her when he ended their relationship, they needed each other but the dumbo did not get it, she could had saved him and erase that fantasy crush that he had for fred. Wesley's speech on the lines of black and white was wrong, he had become dark wesley, he was a gray character and he could had turned Lilah into a more gray character

wesley's obsession with Fred made him miserable and it led to his sad end. Im sorry but fred was more into gunn than she ever was with wesley, he should had moved on. He could had had a great love with Lilah, he could had saved her and himself but stubbornness got the better of him. Such a dark cool character, and idiot

bespangeled
bespangeled
Exactly - Wesley needed someone to challenge him. It excited him. Fred was great - but I'm not sure the fantasy would have stood up to reality.

Aud

Scooby
I like Lilah as well, although I admit that it took some time for her to grow on me. At first, I found her to be somewhat annoying, but only because I felt like she and Lindsey were just constantly pestering Angel and his team. However, I did grow to like her because she is one of the few characters the writers always presented consistently. Even though we would slowly become privy to new depths to her character (particularly through her relationship with Wesley), none of these new insights seemed to ever compromise or alter who she was at her fundamental core. As several posters have already mentioned, Lilah really felt like a true adult. I think this was even more noticeable in contrast to all our main characters, who were more or less still growing up (be they 16 or 241 years old). Lilah was all done growing up, and no other long-term character had as clear a sense of self awareness as she did.

Top Bottom