• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you like Lilah?

Francis Doyle

Townie
I always liked Lilah as a character. Nobody else at Wolfram & Hart in Seasons 1-4 compared to her. She's probably my third favourite character in Angel after Doyle and Cordelia. Season 4 would have been unbearable without her, really.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I think she was a really good character. I thought she did an icy villain really well, but without over doing it. Also there was some good growth to her character too. I think the actress did a really good job too.

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
Lilah was awesome. A perfect example of how to make a reprehensible character layered and compelling. I always enjoyed her.

white avenger

white avenger
Certainly, I liked Lilah! What's not to like about a lady who packs a S&W 9mm AND isn't afraid to use it when the time comes? The only thing that could have been seen as an improvement would have been if she packed a REAL handgun, like Sam Colt's classic 1911 .45.

Seriously, she was a tough lady who more than held her own in a world usually dominated by men and demons. She never backed down, and she didn't have to depend on anyone else to do her dirty work for her. I always saw a lot of the same qualities in her that I liked in Faith, and always wished that she would have changed sides and come over to Angel's team. If nothing else, it would have been far more in character for her to have shot Lindsey in "Not Fade Away" than Lorne. And I have no doubt that she could have held her own in the alley afterward.

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
I love her! I thinks she's a great character and her relationship with Wesley made her even more interesting.
I ship Wesley with Lilah and Fred with Gunn by the way :D

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I really, really loved Lilah. She was a complete badass, she had style, and absolutely NO regrets.
There's so many brilliant Lilah moments/quotes, that it's difficult to choose one or two. Without doubt, she had more incredibly evil/funny quotes than any character in Buffyverse...though it just occurred to me that Spike MIGHT be in the running as well. Hahaha. (Glad I realized that now since I wouldn't be able to come back later to edit)
Stephanie Romanov was so good at playing evil...but also vulnerability; I remember once, as Lilah got out of bed with Wesley...
Lilah: "Don't go thinking about me after I'm gone."
Wesley: "I wasn't thinking about you while you were HERE."
Oh snap. The look in Lilah's eyes was just....like she'd been destroyed. But she recovered. Love that woman!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
My favourite character on Angel. She was the adult on the show - she was not a product of a childhood and she had psychologically left home. Her only family connection was that she was paying for care for her invalid mother. She was not one to blame anyone else for her plight even though it led to an afterlife of servitude for W&H. She even thanked Wesley for cutting off her head to avoid having her become a vampire.

bespangeled
bespangeled
Lilah rocked - not one big bad even comes close!

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Lilah is really great. I'm grateful that she was dead before she could join the team. Judging by the show's record of how villain-turned heroes lose half of their intelligence and competence, I think Lilah is treated very well by the writers. She had a hell of an exit.

I loved Lilah, she had a lot of depth to her character and she kept it interesting. The other lawyers at WR&H have nothing on her (with the exception of Lindsey). She knew what she wanted and never had any regrets over the decisions she made. Furthermore, her and Wes were perfect for each other in fact those two together was one of the only things I enjoyed about Season 4. I also loved it when she killed Linwood, that scene is brilliant. Linwood was trying to humiliate her and then all of a sudden, off goes his head. The look on Gavin's face was priceless. :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
I do like her mostly as a character, and what Romanov brings to the part. There is something of a classic underdog about her, and despite being really evil at times, she does bring an emotional depth too.

mackenzie99

Potential
I do love Lilah,but was it ever said why she had no remorse about anything? Or was she just completely crazy?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
20151203_120059137.jpg
I do love Lilah,but was it ever said why she had no remorse about anything? Or was she just completely crazy?
I think she just realized how things were done at WR&H...she knew that to get ahead, she had to be ruthless.
Actually, I never got the feeling she was crazy; just extremely determined and focused. Still, it might've been even more interesting if she'd had some back story.

(Fun fact: I live a few blocks from the Sony Pictures building, which was used as the exterior for Wolfram & Hart)

Last edited:

Antho

Scooby
I love lilah. I have always preferred her over Lindsey. She is a charismatic evil woman. She knows what she wants and does the things to accomplish her goal. I was so disappointed to not seeing her in season 5. I don’t hate eve but I don’t understand why the writers do not put Lilah over Eve. It’s was obvious to me.

Meliza

Scooby
She was not a fully fleshed out character, she strutted and posed more then she acted. If I was writing Lilah today
I would keep her as "Knowing what she wants and never having any regrets over the decisions she makes."
which was circuited just a tiny bit in her and Wesley.
I would keep her much the same but flesh out her character more, not in a "this is why she is like this way"

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I kinda am Lilah. Woman, lawyer, always competing with men in my profession, constantly looking for new inventive ways to climb the career ladder and let's face it, kind of a b*tch. I'm not working for an evil law firm so we don't have that much in common lol.

I liked her a lot. Wish we had her instead of eve in AtS Season 5.

Meliza

Scooby
I think Lilah could be given a young daughter or son and draw parallels between her desire to succeed at Wolfram & Hart with her achieving for the sake of her child, a personal and emotional motive for her mission to flesh out the character, certainly not used as a "My baby died now I am a evil women" trope. I wouldn't change her character and render her as misunderstood, it is not a Freudian back story but it is a reasonable raison d'être that makes her harder not softer.

Mr Trick

Scooby
She was not a fully fleshed out character, she strutted and posed more then she acted. If I was writing Lilah today
I would keep her as "Knowing what she wants and never having any regrets over the decisions she makes."
which was circuited just a tiny bit in her and Wesley.
I would keep her much the same but flesh out her character more, not in a "this is why she is like this way"
I agree that in the early seasons there wasn't enough to the character, but from S3 onwards I think she came into her own. Some of the writing for W&H was a bit sloppy in seasons 1 and 2. You had too many CEO type figures who took up screen time that should have belonged to Lilah.

Meliza

Scooby
I agree that in the early seasons there wasn't enough to the character, but from S3 onwards I think she came into her own. Some of the writing for W&H was a bit sloppy in seasons 1 and 2. You had too many CEO type figures who took up screen time that should have belonged to Lilah.
Let's make her the head honcho early on, add the child and be the threat to Angel. (Don't mess with a momma bear)

Right, get ride of the CEO types who took up screen time, less time dressing up as a school girl twirling her hair so Wesley will notice her, that neutered her a bit. I can't remember the name of that old white guy but the synergy between Lilah and Angel is dynamic, get rid of him and give Lilah his mantel.

Top Bottom