• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you like Lilah?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I liked the stuff with Wes (and you could still do that no matter the character's role), but I agree with the other points. Yeah I don't see why she couldn't have been CEO from the start. You could still have had the rivary with Lindsay too.

Meliza

Scooby
Yeah me too, I like her as she was to a large extent. That is if we were hypothetically rewriting the series or actually getting to write and film multiple alternative versions of seasons at the same time! that would be fun! three times the Angel, awesome.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I really liked Lilah as the young hungry associate competing with the boys for the office upstairs. I guess as I mentioned above I related to it. But I could have used just her and Lindsey competing instead of the other guys who's names I can never remember.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I loved Lilah. I loved that the writers pulled no punches in making her unrepentantly evil and that her femininity was a match for, rather than a counter to, the masculine evil of those around her. I also loved that they maintained her ambiguity throughout the show. Yes, she started to show some vulnerability with Wes but I always felt that even then it was difficult to tell who the 'real' Lilah was. I'm glad they didn't make her 'greyer' or give her some sort of remorse/redemption arc - I like my evil evil!

I would have preferred her to Eve by a mile. Eve was extremely irritating and the actress had zero chemistry with DB.

Meliza

Scooby
Yes promote her and let her be the arch W&H honcho so she can have more scenes squaring off against Angel.

Antho

Scooby
In fact I don’t even know if there is a reason about why in season 5 we have Eve instead of Lilah. I completely don’t understand the writers ! What did they think ? I mean from a scenario point of view, Lilah as a ghost could be the relation between Angel and the senior partner. It’s really stupid to not have taken the opportunity. Did the actress want to continue in the series ? I try to find a reasonable reason which would explain why they didn’t keep Lilah.

thrasherpix

Scooby
In fact I don’t even know if there is a reason about why in season 5 we have Eve instead of Lilah. I completely don’t understand the writers ! What did they think ? I mean from a scenario point of view, Lilah as a ghost could be the relation between Angel and the senior partner. It’s really stupid to not have taken the opportunity. Did the actress want to continue in the series ? I try to find a reasonable reason which would explain why they didn’t keep Lilah.
My GUESS is that they knew they wanted someone close to betray them for Lindsey, and it would be too WTF for Lilah to do that (because of Lindsey), and also not anything of a twist (it would actually be a twist if Lilah was loyal to Angel and company, and in that case would make it harder for characters to "stumble" along into the messes they did).

Though I suppose from a practical level, it would be hard for Angel to get dirty as he made deals with the devil if he had Lilah take care of it (many of those devils who would prefer to work with Lilah rather than Angel).

Top Bottom