• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Did you like Lilah?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I liked the stuff with Wes (and you could still do that no matter the character's role), but I agree with the other points. Yeah I don't see why she couldn't have been CEO from the start. You could still have had the rivary with Lindsay too.

Bite-me

Scooby
Yeah me too, I like her as she was to a large extent. That is if we were hypothetically rewriting the series or actually getting to write and film multiple alternative versions of seasons at the same time! that would be fun! three times the Angel, awesome.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I really liked Lilah as the young hungry associate competing with the boys for the office upstairs. I guess as I mentioned above I related to it. But I could have used just her and Lindsey competing instead of the other guys who's names I can never remember.

Antho

Scooby
who's names I can never remember.

Gavin ?

3c63234f0e33842b188162dd7b73f0d1.jpg

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Yes and the other one they killed at end of Season 1.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I loved Lilah. I loved that the writers pulled no punches in making her unrepentantly evil and that her femininity was a match for, rather than a counter to, the masculine evil of those around her. I also loved that they maintained her ambiguity throughout the show. Yes, she started to show some vulnerability with Wes but I always felt that even then it was difficult to tell who the 'real' Lilah was. I'm glad they didn't make her 'greyer' or give her some sort of remorse/redemption arc - I like my evil evil!

I would have preferred her to Eve by a mile. Eve was extremely irritating and the actress had zero chemistry with DB.

Bite-me

Scooby
Yes promote her and let her be the arch W&H honcho so she can have more scenes squaring off against Angel.

Antho

Scooby
In fact I don’t even know if there is a reason about why in season 5 we have Eve instead of Lilah. I completely don’t understand the writers ! What did they think ? I mean from a scenario point of view, Lilah as a ghost could be the relation between Angel and the senior partner. It’s really stupid to not have taken the opportunity. Did the actress want to continue in the series ? I try to find a reasonable reason which would explain why they didn’t keep Lilah.

thrasherpix

Scooby
In fact I don’t even know if there is a reason about why in season 5 we have Eve instead of Lilah. I completely don’t understand the writers ! What did they think ? I mean from a scenario point of view, Lilah as a ghost could be the relation between Angel and the senior partner. It’s really stupid to not have taken the opportunity. Did the actress want to continue in the series ? I try to find a reasonable reason which would explain why they didn’t keep Lilah.

My GUESS is that they knew they wanted someone close to betray them for Lindsey, and it would be too WTF for Lilah to do that (because of Lindsey), and also not anything of a twist (it would actually be a twist if Lilah was loyal to Angel and company, and in that case would make it harder for characters to "stumble" along into the messes they did).

Though I suppose from a practical level, it would be hard for Angel to get dirty as he made deals with the devil if he had Lilah take care of it (many of those devils who would prefer to work with Lilah rather than Angel).

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I totally and absolutely loved Lilah S3 and S4. She was so pragmatic and cynical. She made no excuses; she made her choices and owned the consequences of those choices. I also think that there was so much vulnerability underneath and yet she had long lost the illusion of change or redemption (or maybe she never even had it, although it gave me the impression that she did at some point in her past, she did mention becoming the mask she wears or something like that)… I think that it’d have been great to see her when she first started at Wolfram & Hart, she was already so cunning, resourceful and determined when we met her that some back story would have been great. It was truly refreshing to have her. She was way better than Eve, they shouldn’t have replaced her in S5. And no, a redemption arc for her wouldn't have been satisfactory. I liked her the way she was. Although, I felt certain sadness for her character towards the end of S4. Funny, I guess.

My new favorite quote:
"Funny thing about black and white. You mix it together and you get grey. And it doesn't matter how much white you try and put back in, you're never gonna get anything but grey."

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
I was a bit hot cold with her, I really liked her Character and her relationship with Angel investigations was interesting but she could be a little annoying at times!

thrasherpix

Scooby
I've been thinking of her character lately and think she has a lot in common with Buffy in that she ALWAYS finds a way (with help, and example being Buffy getting a rocket launcher with help from Xander, Lilah getting decapitating chairs with the aid of the Senior Partners). Maybe if Buffy had permanently lost her soul in early season 4 (and thus her ethical compass) she could've become her, or at least worked well with her.

Also, both loved fashion (without being obsessed over it), loved their mothers even when one had to wonder why at times and had to watch them tragically pass away (I don't recall if Lilah actually loses her mother, but Lilah was paying for the best clinic though her mother no longer recognized Lilah, IIRC), both used humor and snarky remarks to deal with the stress, both were prone to sleeping with the enemy (and Lilah even sort of had a moment with Angel, pure lust as it may have been, though I suppose it doesn't count as Angel was in another body at the time), and I think the pair could commiserate on their complicated relationship with Faith (though I can't see Filah as I can Fuffy). And when both women decided to come down hard on someone (including those in authority over them), they were uncompromising about it that didn't shy from violence.

Hmmm...maybe I should save it for the Unpopular Opinions thread (but I'm not sure how unpopular this would be, though I'm certain some will bristle upon reading this), I found the Weslah ship far more compelling and touching than Bangel, Spuffy, or Briley.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Lilah was only in her late twenties, I wonder if they ever worked out how old her Mother was supposed to be? I mean, she doesn't have to have old age related dementia, but I don't expect television to know of any other kind. It reminds me of this episode of Next Gen where Keiko O'Brien's mother was said to be 100 years old, which means she gave birth to Keiko in her 70s.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
I love Lilah. She was strong, smart, confident and ruthless (and hot) but with hints of vulnerability. Her relationships with Lindsey and Angel helped bring W+H to life as a real threat.

I think the main misstep with Lilah was after Lindsey left, the writers tried to turn her into the new Lindsey. In s1 + s2 it was personal between Angel and Lindsey but it was mainly business for Lilah. When Angel threatened her she was pragmatic enough to see it as the cost of doing business. But in S3 she started taking things more personally and it didnt feel true to her character

But then her fling with Wesley later in the season more than made up for it :)

Stephan

It's a great show. But no need to get all riled up
She was annoying at times, but otherwise she was a pretty good villan in season 4. I didn't like her in the first 2 seasons and I thought she was ok in season 3

Top Bottom