• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did you want more Drusilla?

white avenger

white avenger
I know I'm in the minority here, but I was never that impressed by Dru. After her role in Season 2, I never saw any real reason for her. It's not so much that I didn't like the character as it was that I just never saw any real use for her.

I'd have liked to see more of her in Angel. But she was definitely the right amount of time in Buffy. I liked her, but long scenes with her could become tiring. She has a certain charm that works nice when you combine it with throwbacks, or evil Spike. but in combination with S4 and up Spike, it would have just been a weird combo.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I like Dru a lot, but I think where I wanted to see more of her was in the comics. Maybe see her in a redemption arc. I didn't really like what they did with her, or rather, I think it could have been done better/more.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I seem to be in the same opinion as everyone and agree that we had enough Dru in the TV series. However, I would have loved to see more flashbacks of her and how and when she was turned. I would love to see her being tormented as a human and see how it miroirs what Angelus did to Buffy in S2. Oh and see her travelling Europe with Spike would be nice too!

white avenger

white avenger
I would have loved to see more flashbacks of her and how and when she was turned.
I think that Dru, and Darla, for that matter, would have much more to the show if we had had her on "Angel," with more emphasis on flashbacks. Anyone here who is or was a fan of the series "Highlander" would know how flashbacks can be quite effective in contributing to a story line. It wouldn't have to be something that was done in every episode, but more frequent flashbacks into Angel's history, both before and after attaining his soul would have been a far better use of the character than what we saw of her as just the crazy girl who wandered around killing people and shagging Chaos Demons, plus giving David a chance to play basically several different versions of his character.

I would've liked to see more of Dru on Angel (preferably with evil Spike). Dru is Angel's biggest regret; she is Angelus' masterpiece, a walking talking reminder of the evil that resides in Angel that could be unleashed at any moment when he feels a little too happy. It would've been nice to see Angel really deal with that especially since Dru is Angelus' biggest victim. She will never escape what he did to her, that's the tragedy of her character. She can't be saved but that doesn't mean that Angel shouldn't at least try. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Eh, the question is, do you believe that Vampire Covens were still a viable threat after season three? Because sure, I could see Dru turning another man into her immortal beloved who happens to be fully worthy of the Vampiric Spirit, and is seen as a reincarnation of both Angelus and the Master, with a little touch of Dru’s craziness, raise a few minions, and occupy a months worth of story lines. Explore Dru’s need for foster family, abusive relationship, obsession, the sheer tragedy of the saint who was damned and so forth. Something like Joker and Harley, sure, But here’s the problem. Buffy slaughters vampires like orcs after season three. Heck, Riley slaughters Vampires like orcs after season 4. And by the end of Season 7, they seem easier to kill than normal people.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think it would have been interesting to see what they had planned for her in Lover's Walk, instead of what we did have because Juliet wasn't available.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I liked it when Drusilla appeared in the comics and I think they could've used her a little more on the show; she was meant to be truly dangerous and we could've got a bit more of that.
Maybe like her trying to create a brand new vampire 'family' or something creepy.

But to think that the last contemporary appearance on either show was S5 'Crush' where she's just allowed to...wander off after massacring a train load of people was so incredibly weak imo.
She wasn't seen again-in canon- until A&F 'Daddy Issues', and that was a very fine story that could've easily been done on AtS.

Top Bottom