• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion I've never seen: Favorite Evil Henchpersons?

TomatoLover97

Townie
Rewatching again (again again) and thought of a fun question. Must have been asked somewhere but a search here and on Google didn't turn it up. I'm rewatching season 5 and Jinx made me think of it.

Who are you favorite evil "henchmen"/ "henchpersons?" .

That is, not the villains themselves, but their evil sidekicks? Respond / interpret as loosely or narrowly as you wish!

thrasherpix

Scooby
Mr. Trick for reasons similar to why I like Spike.

Or Principal Snyder. Technically, he was a henchman of the Mayor, but that aspect was only rarely shown so I don't think of him exactly in that way. The actor who played him was awesome.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'd determine Hench people to be somebody subordinate to the main Big Bad but has a strong relationship with them whilst perhaps having their own personal motivations and quirks.
That's really why I don't consider The Anointed One as a henchman; he's more of a plot device for Buffy before being killed off quickly in S2.

I'll stick to Buffy now:

Best: Faith (obviously, sexy and dangerous with understandable motivations and some great depth)
Mr. Trick (so very stylish and threatening, lieutenant to two big Bads Kakistos and Mayor Wilkins)
Glory's minions (just memorable enough to be entertaining but not too intrusive or distracting, they're also a good shorthand to explain why Glory is so lazy)

Neutral: Luke (S1) & Caleb (S7); entertaining and charismatic muscle for an impotent Big Bad but weren't utilized in the best way.

Worst: Darla (too simpering in retrospect; sire-whipped is the term)
Forrest (awful, just awful. Make a dumb character even dumber by 'eviling' them up)
Andrew (if Warren was the actual BB of the trio and Jonathan was the doomed, reluctant one, Andrew was the witless, cringing henchman who somehow got a redemption ticket. Urgh.)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
One of Sunday's minions...or, lackeys as she referred to them. He did a GREAT impression of Jeff Spicoli (Fast Times at Ridgemont High). "I'm thinkin' that Slayer's blood must be like, whoa, Thai stick." 😅

Priceless

Scooby
I quite liked the Rwasundi demons, who Andrew (or Jonathan?) conjured up in Dead Things. Their power was to mess around with time, which I think is really cool and I like the effect they had on Buffy.

Faded90

Scooby
Faith - it was such a good storyline seeing this older man in power using this troubled girls pain for his own gain. It’s got so many layers. There’s a lot of grooming goes on like how he basically tries to prostitute her to Angel and yet he infantilises her when he speaks to her at the same time. It’s very icky but also sad to see her gradually just becoming more and more a shadow of herself because she’s so desperate to feel important to someone. The way he threatens to take her present away and making her apologise for saying a rather harmless joke. At the beginning of S3 we see Faith is inquisitive to the point of nosiness, she’s hurt when Buffy isn’t opening up to her and here she is now readily accepting that he basically doesn’t let her in on any of his plans and crowned off by her eventually killing someone in cold blood and she’s now so controlled she does it ‘you know I never thought to ask’. Very layered but also realistic storyline. Even beyond the grave he’s manipulating her telling her it’s ‘over’ for her and basically that she’s nothing without him

Top Bottom