• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of ‘Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer’ 1

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
Hey all!
So this wasn’t exactly what I expected, I expected a more dystopian landscape where the vampires and humans where in constant conflict (a little more wishverse) but the humans and vampires seem to be living in a bit more of an orderly ‘disharmony’. The watchers council angle is looking interesting, shame they couldn’t have gotten Dan Mora to actually do the art!

heckate

Townie
I was so psyched when this was announced! Aging Buffy in a dystopian society run by vamps? Hell yeah! A little confused about what universe we're in (presumably not the Boom! one... Have the Dark Horse comics happened? Did they explain why Anya's around? Is Tara alive? etc.) On the edge of my seat to start seeing the other characters show up and find out what they've been up to (Buffy said "all my friends are dead", but I have a feeling that's not exactly true). Excited to see where it all goes. I'm already annoyed by Willow and Tara's kid -- so I hope she doesn't become a focus.

Gingerbread

Townie
I have been reading the Boom comics since the series began, and have stuck with it despite honestly losing interest in (and track of) the story.
BUT - this is awesome. A far more interesting, original take on the character. I think both the writing from Gilly and art from Jaro are fantastic. Can’t wait for more!

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
I just picked this up and finished it.

Initial thoughts/questions:

It's interesting that Joss Whedon is not involved.

We know the Slayer has advanced healing abilties and ages slower than regular humans do. So how old do we think she is in this?
She looks pretty old.

Treaty? That vampires and humans have to get along and coexist in peace I assume?

I'm disappointed Spike's not with her. I always hoped they'd be partners forever.

Spo0kyxSpice

Townie
I'm keen to check out The Last Vampire Slayer. All I knew so far is that it's a Dystopian future. I'm intrigued by the title though, is Buffy, the last vampire slayer or will we meet the very last one?

Hopefully I can track down the first three issues soon, I believe there's only 3 out so far?

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member
@Spo0kyxSpice trying not to spoil anything, but the title is sort of a “The Last Jedi” situation and I’ll leave it at that :)

To answer your second question, yes! There’s currently 3 out, but 4 is due out in March. The trade is coming out in July though, if you’d rather wait for that

Spo0kyxSpice
Spo0kyxSpice
Many thanks! I may just indeed wait for a trade, or maybe try and pick it up at any Comic Con towards the end of the year. :D
Top Bottom