• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 1.01 "City Of..." - Aired 10/5/99 (WB-US)

Mr Trick

Scooby
[QUOTE="Out for a walk, post: 1348114, member: 14348"]I agree it is a very solid pilot. I am currently in my annual rewatch. I am doing it different this year and watching Buffy and Angel in order. So, I watched BTVS season 4 Episode 1 first, then this one...etc. Let’s see how this goes.

I think it was a clever way for Doyle to do the introduction to Angel’s backstory to the audience. (Which I wonder how many people actually never watched BTVS before Angel...probably very few).[/QUOTE]

Which do you prefer this or Welcome to the Hellmouth? Its pretty close I think.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I prefer Welcome to the Hellmouth.

Out for a walk

5 Words Or Less...
[QUOTE="Out for a walk, post: 1348114, member: 14348"]I agree it is a very solid pilot. I am currently in my annual rewatch. I am doing it different this year and watching Buffy and Angel in order. So, I watched BTVS season 4 Episode 1 first, then this one...etc. Let’s see how this goes.

I think it was a clever way for Doyle to do the introduction to Angel’s backstory to the audience. (Which I wonder how many people actually never watched BTVS before Angel...probably very few).
Which do you prefer this or Welcome to the Hellmouth? Its pretty close I think.[/QUOTE]

I think that I would choose BTVS, just because it is such a classic. But this pilot does a great job of establishing that it is a "different" show from BTVS.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Me too.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Seeing Cordy living in that poor looking apartment makes me wish that Xander offered her to stay at his parents' place.

Top Bottom