• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 1.03 "The Witch" - Aired 3/17/1997 (WB-US)

NeddaSai

Potential
Xander actually said: "You don't have to drive it through my head like a railroad spike." and I'm waaay too amused about it.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah that came to me too! Chances are at this point they probably had Spike in mind.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Rewatched this a couple of days ago, Amy's mom deserves to be stuck in that trophy forever, maybe better parents would have prevented her turning herself into a rat...

Mr Trick

Scooby
This is one of the which dates the show badly. I do enjoy the cheerleading scenes.

Plus Giles getting excited about spontaneous combustion:D And ASH's hammy delivery during the spell sequence:p

Joyce is the worst in it though:rolleyes:

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
As it seems for a lot of other people, this was the episode that sold me on the show. It showed that the team could do more than just vampires and keep things fun and interesting. The twist is very clever but the hyper Buffy scenes really get on my nerves. I don't find them funny apart from a few lines. Joyce doesn't act in the best way in this episode but she has just moved to a new town to a new job and is having to get used to raising a daughter on her own (don't think it was that long before this that Hank left - correct me if I'm wrong) so I think she's basically stressed out of her mind and takes it out on Buffy: still a bad thing to do.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
This is one of the which dates the show badly.
This episode gives validation to Xander's suggestion that "it could be witches, some evil witches" during the "I've got a theory" song since they did battle an evil witch in the past. Willow and Tara's annoyed reaction which caused Xander to backtrack was a bit uncalled for.

Joyce doesn't act in the best way in this episode but she has just moved to a new town to a new job and is having to get used to raising a daughter on her own (don't think it was that long before this that Hank left - correct me if I'm wrong) so I think she's basically stressed out of her mind and takes it out on Buffy: still a bad thing to do.
I think the divorce happened within the year given the fact that Buffy was expelled from Hemery and was enrolled in Sunnydale High School during the middle of a semester when she and Joyce moved. Hank was still visiting and had Buffy during the Summer so it probably happened at some point in the preceding 6 months.

Top Bottom