• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 1.05 "Never Kill A Boy On A First Date" - Aired 3/31/1997 (WB-US)

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
I love this episode! The best is of course the scenes between Giles & Buffy, it's the beginning of their great relationship!
The scenes in The Bronze are also funny with Angel lol! Apart from the scene when Buffy sees Cordy with Owen which makes me sad!

Also as a big fan of Buffy's character, I love Buffy centric episodes, and I think this is a reason why I love this episode and Reptile Boy very much.
Plus like others have said in the posts of this thread, this episode talks about responsability like Reptile Boy which is what makes it interesting to me.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Buffy's Tiger Hoodie is one of the most adorable images in the Buffyverse! :D

Some great comedy in this one and nice character stuff. Also a smart twist with the Annoying one at the end. Owen is the main weakness, but he serves his purpose. This is a sleepy episode for S1. Solid stuff.

Ninjagirl2008

Townie
I originally watched this series way out of order. I started in season 4 and watched the episodes that were available on VHS from seasons 1-3. Because of that, I never really appreciated how much this episode does to build up the Buffy/Giles relationship. I also already knew about the annoying one, so I didn't get to enjoy the reveal in this episode. Sigh. It's nice to hear from people who saw this in order and get your points of view!

Top Bottom