• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 1.06 "The Pack" - Aired 4/7/1997 (WB-US)

Mr Trick

Scooby
See, I can understand how others would like this episode and I don't necessarily disagree with much of your points, but I just don't like to watch the episode. I'd say that "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" also tackles bullying – in a different way, of course – so it could be interesting to compare and contrast the two when the time comes.
Fair. Out of Mind, is one episode that gets a bad rap IMO.

Jam
Jam
Agreed!
Reactions: Jam

thrasherpix

Scooby
I saw this yesterday. I not only loved how Willow played Hyena Xander, but Nicholas Brendon put on a good performance where right after he's going berserk and shouting, "LET ME OUT!"

I also loved the moment that Giles realized the symbol had to have already been present when the kids got possessed.

I find this one creepier than many other season 1 episodes, though it is hard for me to see Willow so torn up. I'm glad she realizes that Xander "is not yourself" (as she tells him), and that Xander saves her from the zoo guy.

Mr Trick

Scooby
This is the darkest episode so far. It also links nicely to the season theme of bullying. Some solid acting from the supporting cast too. Brandon does a great job playing against type. I like how this first season sets the ground rules that no one's safe. Fluttie is someone you'd expect to be around awhile. Think Jesse in the pilot too. It has weak parts too. But I'd say a strong mid-range S1 episode.

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
This has always been my least favourite of Season 1, mainly because the plot is a bit too stupid. Teenagers get possessed by hyenas and they become nastier? Four of them were nasty to begin with, now they're nasty and homicidal. Xander's transformation is a pretty interesting thing to watch if nothing else and this episode always seemed less about bullying to me and more about the pain you feel when a close friend joins another crowd and turns against you, so as far as subject matter goes, it's not a bad idea. It's a shame it was handled this way. This is OK but far from good.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
In my reimagining of this episode, Herbert not only escapes, he does what a lot of people think is impossible:

spikenbuffy

"Look, it's blood, it's Summers blood. "
My favorite episode from S1.

My favorite part of this episode is Xander walking with his pack with Jobs eyes music playing at the same time. So good!!!

Puppet
Puppet
My least favorite episode from S1 :D

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
My favorite episode from S1.

My favorite part of this episode is Xander walking with his pack with Jobs eyes music playing at the same time. So good!!!
You can see similarities between Hyena Xander and Vampire Xander so I think the possession just brought out Xander's darker personality.

Top Bottom