• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 1.17 "Eternity" - Aired 4/4/2000 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Angel takes a job protecting a well-known actress from a crazed stalker. When a mirror happens to be in just the wrong place, however, she begins to suspect what he really is.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
Rebecca totally creeps me out, the entire time. I was bothered that Angel was into her, because I couldn't really understand why. She didn't have much depth to her.

But I LOVED to see Angelus, even for that small amount of time. And Cordy was AWESOME when she bluffed about the holy water. I can't imagine that it's an easy thing to do, to trick Angelus.

Sometimes it IS easy to forget how evil Angelus is after you've spent so much time watching Angel.

vamped

Townie
I didn't care for Rebecca either. But one question though, when Angel smashed through her glass window to save her, how was he allowed in? She never invited him in.

shadcat

Confidant & Sex Poodle
^^ Very good point.

Not to mention taking the drug gave him brief true moments of happiness? lol

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Rebecca was so not Angel's type!! She wasnt blonde :) You can see why they formed a connection though. They were both lonely and they saw that straight away in each other. Also she didnt freak out when she found out what he was. I think that can be put down to her ignorance of what vampires are more than any deeper feelings. Buffy had a connection with Angel straight away but when she found out he was a vampire she screamed, later on Buffy accepts him and even kisses him when he's in his vamp form. Angel probably missed having that acceptance from someone and enjoyed receiving it from Rebecca.

I loved seeing Angelus again. His evilness is so good and hurtful because he doesnt hold back from the truth.

Amethyst

Scooby
Sineya
I thought the begining of this was quite funny :)
Cordelia's acting was just :eek: lol :D
Loved Angel kicking the burglars ass! :D
I really didn't like that actress :/ I also thought Oliver was really creepy! :S
Angel didn't seem right at a hollywood premiere, not really his scene :S
I knew that Oliver was a creep!!! :mad:
I don't get that drugs make Angel evil, I mean, ok so 'apparently' it simulated 'true happiness' but I just don't believe it possibly could, true happiness, is exactly that, not drugged up happiness! :rolleyes:

Riley's Way

Townie
I loved seeing Angelus, he's soooo much funner than boring ol' Angel ..

However I think that something about Rebecca was very weird, so she's famous enough to go to premieres and have stores closed for her, but she's too hasbeen to get a TV role? I mean how does that make sense? & since when are 20 something actresses too old for TV anyway? I mean unless she's a CW star ..

tbessie

Demonic Monstrosity
I didn't care for Rebecca either. But one question though, when Angel smashed through her glass window to save her, how was he allowed in? She never invited him in.
I thought about that, having just watched this episode for the first time tonight.

Remember when she comes to visit him in his office? She invites him over for a "private screening" of the episode of her show that she "didn't win the Emmy for".

Perhaps in the Whendonverse, someone inviting a vampire in, even if they are not at their home at the time, is enough. I seem to remember this being the case in at least one of the Buffy episodes, tho' I can't be sure.

Anyway, I also take a bit of an exception to the writers making it possible for Angel to lose his soul temporarily due to taking a drug - doesn't fit with the canon mythos to me, somehow.

- Tim

The Thirst Evil
The Thirst Evil
It happened that way in Rm w/a Vu

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Ok,the thing is that Angel didn't lose his soul and Angelus never really appeared. Angel just "thought" or "felt" like he's Angelus. Wesley even mentions this in this very ep. I hope that clears up the confusion some :)

Charmander

Potential
Rebecca was pretty strange. Seemed to not want to be a part of fame but at the same time obsessed with her TV show getting cancelled and the prospect of getting signed up to a new one. I liked the actress enough, but never really saw the huge connection there since her reason for feeling alone was much shallower than Angel's. And I thought she came across as shady the entire episode! Angel usually has a sharper eye for these things.
I felt her line "Raven will forever be 22" seemed to be a bit of a reference to Buffy/SMG perhaps?
Always good to see Angelus again, even if it wasn't really him. Pretty cool that Cordelia was secretly well-prepared for his coming back as well, so much as to get the water blessed frequently.
I liked Cordy's outfit here too!

Vigeous

I've been thinking about the world...
This show is the best! Angel + Cordy + Wesley is such a great combo.

Cordy was very funny in this episode. Charisma plays her (Cordy) so well. She's a spoiled, self absorbed, gorgeous girl but is balanced so well with humility and genuineness. It's not specific to this episode; I think she's been pulling this off since she started being nicer to Buffy and the scoobies in BTVS. Hats off to Charisma.

Angelus is amazing. It's so much fun to watch him be Angelus and "let loose" every now and then. Angel is such a great character, but seeing him become the exact opposite sometimes really spices it up and brings some perspective back to Angel (for him and the audience).

I wasn't a fan of this Rebecca. I don't know why Angel liked her so much at the beginning. Either way, it progressed the episode and it was interesting that the writers thought of another way to bring out Angelus without him having to be intimate with Buffy.

Mr Trick

Scooby
One of the worse episodes ever IMO. Even the Angelus stuff seems kinda tame considering how good it had been in the past. I just didn't care enough about the storyline anyway.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Aren't we always doomed ??? o_O

Cordy's a horrible actress...

Cordy, you are always loud, it's not a bad thing :)

Angel and Wes don't want to insult Cordy...

Wes doesn't own a TV, not surprising...

Angel=culture retard ??? o_O

Fangirl Cordy is dangerous...

Cordy...

Angel, I haven't seen "On Your Own" either...

Angel, she trusts you :)

Cordy :mad:

Not another vision :(

Cordy, most celebrities are just ordinary people who happen to be more well known than the rest of us.

Celebrity stalkers should go to hell, they cause too much harm...:(

She asks Angel about his blood drinking habits...

Angel, don't sleep with her :mad:

Wes, you angered Cordy...

Cordy, don't get ideas...

Angel, don't believe the gossip magazines :rolleyes:

Angel's hair looks nice ;)

That stalker just won't quit :mad:

She can't believe you anymore, Oliver...

Nobody stays young forever, unless they are a vampire :p

Cordy's not gonna make it big...

Cordy, stop with the squealing :mad:

She brought a bottle, at least Angel can drink other liquids :)

Why did you drug him ??? :mad:

Cordy, good thing you are being suspicious :D

Don't give him happiness :mad:

Don't turn her into a vampire...

Angel's helping you, Rebecca...

Happy pill=Angelus.

Don't do it Angelus :mad:

Poor Rebecca :(

Wes is here :)

Angelus has gone crazy :eek:

At least it was synthetic :)

Angelus is too honest...

Next time: Faith comes to town.

Slayrunt

Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?
I really liked this episode! I always forget how much I love angelus until I see him again lol. The genuine joy he gets out of being cruel is so entertaining. And yeah Rebecca was a weirdo

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Raven is awful. Rewatching it for the first time in quite some time and completely forgot just how dull the character is. She has no sparkle or special little thing. Not only do I not understand what Angel saw in her... I don't understand what anyone saw in her. Certainly not enough for her to become famous.

NeddaSai

Potential
Just finished rewatching, loved the humour in this episode. I honestly felt so sorry for Rebecca. She's just so pitiable to me..

In really don't think a drug should've brought Angelus back, the curse is still there, evidenced by the fact he didn't need to be re-souled..is it like a mind over curse thing? If you believe it strongly enough it's not there? Just doesn't make sense..

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The first half of the episode is fine. I kinda wish they would have used the episode to nail down soul canon, or at least what Angel thinks of it. The park where "Angelus" shows up as the Joker, no, I can retcon that.

Bite-me

Scooby
I like this episode a lot and I love Rebecca, poor Rebecca looks like a strong wind would knock her over, to be honest I am the same, not trying to knock a sister unfortunately this was during the time when all actresses were pressured to be really thin.

I like the mirror parallel to Angel but I like her character in general, I think she is weird, dark and sympathetic, bit like a precursor to Lilah. I was really angry at what she did to Angel.

Top Bottom