• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 2.12 "Blood Money" - Aired 1/23/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Angel threatens to expose Wolfram & Hart's criminal activities when he discovers that they are stealing large contributions that were made to a teen shelter -- but an old adversary has other plans.

Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Ooo, I enjoyed this ep! It was great seeing Anne again! So, I watched this at work, so here's some random thoughts...

-I find Angel's disdain of bean bag chairs hilarious
-When Angel is talking to Anne at the shelter the first time, she asks him if the stuff is an old girlfriend's and he says "God, no!" with disgust. So...were they Cordy's?
-I love that green burnout demon. "Evil, Inc." Heehee.
-I really liked Boon (?) for a demon. Especially talking to Lilah and Lindsey: "Don't you people know anything about honor?" Uh, no. Haha.
-Yay for Cordelia, Gunn, and Wes' celebration of the demon killing!!!
-Lindsey is the worst liar. Ever. (Talking to Anne about them not stealing the money.)
-Whenever Angel says "Anne" it causes my inner Bangel pangs. :(
-I LOVE how Angel put all that paranoia into Lindsey and Lilah. I really dislike them. A lot. What a great head game he thought of!
-That last conversation with the senior partner was often. "Angel is a major player. You're both expendable." In your FACE! :)
-Apocalypse!! Stay good, Angel, stay good!!

Ojuice5001

Reliable Dog Geyser Person
More random thoughts:

* It's fun seeing Gunn and Wesley playing Risk at the beginning.
* It's in character that Anne didn't quite recognize Angel from meeting him once at the vampire club, several years ago. But isn't Angel supposed to have the kind of perfect memory that would make sure he recognizes her? Yet it seems as if he doesn't recognize her.
* What exactly happened in the fight with Boone? Obviously they fought, and Angel won, but the fight was bloody. But was the fight lethal for Boone? And whose blood was it, that got all over the money? It could have been all Angel's blood, or mostly his, or mostly or entirely Boone's, or about even.
* "I thought you said it breathed fire!" Truly an awesome line. Too bad that it would have been too expensive to pay for enough special effects to let us see this giant sewer-dwelling demon.
* It's interesting that Boone was willing to work with Angel in stealing the money from Wolfram and Hart; after all, Angel is his sworn enemy, and with Wolfram and Hart he has a basically cooperative relationship (employee/employer). Boone believes in honor; but in his mind, the concept of honor is precisely why it's better to work together with a sworn enemy who believes in honor than to cooperate with double-crossers like Wolfram and Hart (even though W & H have no intention of double-crossing Boone himself). Then, Boone turns against Angel for a duel, because of course, Angel is still his sworn enemy. Plus, obviously, he hoped to gain the money if he had won. It's a rather twisted concept of honor, as you would expect from a demon. :cool:
* Yeah, I like the burnout demon Merle too. And Boone, and Lilah; I like most of the bad guys. ;)

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
-When Angel is talking to Anne at the shelter the first time, she asks him if the stuff is an old girlfriend's and he says "God, no!" with disgust. So...were they Cordy's?
Yes, you'll see that later in The Thin Dead Line. :)

-Apocalypse!! Stay good, Angel, stay good!!
Oh, I have things to say about this, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

* It's in character that Anne didn't quite recognize Angel from meeting him once at the vampire club, several years ago. But isn't Angel supposed to have the kind of perfect memory that would make sure he recognizes her? Yet it seems as if he doesn't recognize her.
This is something that really bothers me, how they act as if they've never met nor seen each other before. Especially on Angel's part. But why do you think it's in character for Anne?

I like Anne a lot...on AtS. She was kinda pathetic on Buffy.

* Yeah, I like the burnout demon Merle too. And Boone, and Lilah; I like most of the bad guys. ;)

I love Merle! And I wouldn't have minded seeing more of Boone, I liked him too. Love Lilah & Lindsey. Dislike their new boss...I miss Holland!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I like Cordy's new hair cut, it really suits her! I really dont like that Anee and angel dont recognise each other! Its such an annoying slip. I do like that anne has developed from her previous stroyline on Buffy and it sort of follows on from the Anne episode. I thought Boone's comment of honour to Lindsey and Lilah was so funny, it was a very good lawyer joke.. The twist about Boone was good, I almost didnt see that coming. Wesley was hillarious on that tape!!

I enjoyed this episode but I was a little disappointed at the lack of Buffy references. I pictured a whole scene of Anne saying how she'd met someone who put her on the right path and showed her people cared and telling Angel the person's name was Buffy. The angel would start to get a bit of his conscience back. Its the Bangel in me :)

The Thirst Evil
The Thirst Evil
[No message]

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
I'm finally prepared for the plot twists. It still is hard to guess how the plot twist will happen, but I fully expect them now. In fact, every episode has some sort of plot twist; they never are straight forward and twist-free. I saw Boone turning on Wolfram & Hart this time.

Boone was cool. I love characters with a strong sense for honor and/or nobility.

I like Anne a lot too. I like how the Buffy-verse revisits her, from time to time.

I wonder if I will ever get to see just what the senior partners look like. I think it's cool that they are utterly mysterious entities though. Although we know now that they have their eyes on the ultimate event: the apocalypse.

Charmander

Potential
Were they Darla's clothes? Or maybe even Buffy's considering how they ended on such bad terms when they last spoke.

I like how Anne isn't naiive, and that she's matured a lot more since her last Buffy episode.

Holland Manners was a better antagonist, Reed just seems like a caricature.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Used to always enjoy this episode, but when I rewatched it recently not as much.

The two things I enjoyed the most was Anne's return and Angel's feud with his old demon foe. The Wolfham & Hart stuff wasn't that convincing to me and some of the other plotting was clunky. The twist with the video tape was pretty lame imo. A solid episode but not much more.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
This episode, like the next three, is just filler. It's nice filler, and there are some great moments, and the lack of Darla is welcome, and Angel at least isn't copying Batman so closely anymore... but the seasonal plot just STOPS here, and it won't start again until 'Reprise', and that's disappointing. You could just skip from 'Redefinition' to 'Reprise', and you won't lose anything important.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Gunn, 70% of the earth is water, not 60% :p

AI without Angel, can't wrap my head around that...

At least Cordy's visions come in handy :)

The clothes keep on dropping, are they alive ??? o_O

She's probably working for W&H :eek:

I think that Dynamite would be useful at this point...

The shelter is legit, just W&H aren't...

Angel, it's OK if you crossdress :)

Anne is naive...

How many enemies does Angel have ??? o_O

He doesn't know about W&H :eek:

Angel, don't scare Lilah like that...

Lilah screws with Angel, Angel screws with Lilah :p

The sun came up, you let him go, you aren't that motivated to kill...

Lindsay, not everything is about money...

The Chase Agency has a nice ring to it...

That guy in a suit who punched Merl looks a bit like Trump...

Angel is right, W&H are not trustworthy.

Of course Lindsay makes Angel look bad :p

A phone :eek:

Angel is right, the money has blood on it, and lots of it.

The rich pay to touch the famous, why do they even have to pay ??? To promote whorism ???

You don't get gay stuff ??? It's OK not to be in love with the idea of homosexuality...

Wesley's video is hilarious :D

Killing Lilah and Lindsay, that happens later in the show...

The money has blood on it :(

Next time: Cordy, Wes and Gunn go independent.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I think to be fair to Anne, there's a hint in what she says at the end than she actually knew that W&H were scamming her, but that for the chirty to even get what they got was a big help.

Mr Trick

Scooby
They could have really taken Boone and flown with it. He was interesting and his back story opened a lot of possibilities.

Agree. Guess they went the way they did because it made for a more powerful message and fits in with the tone of the show on a whole. But yeah I would have liked to have seen him return.

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
It would be a good place to begin with some fan fiction, for sure. My idea for the show would have placed him on the fang gang team post Wes in season 6

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
After the amazing episodes of Reunion and Redefinition
This episode was extremely disappointing. Interesting idea but I wasn't extremely interested.
Also Angel's character became way too dark and it wasn't great to watch in my opinion.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
That episode is fabulous and is definitely underrated !!

Love the way Angel made run Lilah & Lindsey at the party, it was so funny to see Wesley dancing in the videotape lol. I love Anne. But I would have liked to see Angel & Anne to know that they each other know Buffy. It's something in all ATS that I would have liked to see.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Man, Angel got played big. Lorne was right in asking Angel to call off the search for Darla back then - this whole thing was just a waste of time to distract Angel from his usual business of helping people. And the plot thickens some more...

So many twists and mind games. But where does it all lead?

Top Bottom