• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 2.18 "Dead End" - Aired 4/24/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Lindsey McDonald is given an amazing bonus by his bosses at Wolfram & Hart -- a new hand to replace the one he lost fighting Angel. When the new hand begins acting strangely, Lindsey becomes suspicious, and when he runs into Angel and the gang researching body parts that seem to be turning on their owners, he must make a life-altering decision.

Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I loved this episode so much!!!! I think it's my favorite so far!

Lindsey at the end! Oh loving him so much!!!! and damn, that boy makes beautiful music!

And angel's reaction to cordy's "I love you". He really should do that more.

this episode just makes me filled with warm happy.

:)

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I think I laughed more at this episode than any of the others so far. Great scenes!!

My favorite was when Angel and Lindsey were at the parole officer's apartment. "Can you smell that butter fat?" "You're disgusting." HAHAHA

Lindsey can rock - very nice voice!

Loved Angel and Cordelia's moment - "You should do that more." Awww.

Oh. My. Goodness. Lindsey's evil hand charade in the law offices cracked me up and made me love him! Especially when he grabbed Lilah's hiney on his way out!!

And at the very end, we get to see petty, childish Angel, which I just love. "Cops Suck" :)

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
Oh. My. Goodness. Lindsey's evil hand charade in the law offices cracked me up and made me love him! Especially when he grabbed Lilah's hiney on his way out!!

And at the very end, we get to see petty, childish Angel, which I just love. "Cops Suck" :)

Yeah, those were great!!! I also loved the interactions between angel and lindsey at the parole officer's house. "Stop choking my lead!" and lindsey's waving the gun all around.

:)

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
So I'm watching this with a friend at work and we were wondering if that's really Christian singing?

Usually in this show it is the actors actually singing but . . . I just wanted to check since it doesn't as obviously sound like him as all the others do . . .

Love Lindsey in this ep though. He's awesome. :D

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
[MENTION=9037]wickedtiger86[/MENTION] yeah that's Christian singing, the song's called LA song, I love the fact that they reuse the song in season 5

wickedtiger86
wickedtiger86
Very cool! Thanks.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
So I'm watching this with a friend at work and we were wondering if that's really Christian singing?

Usually in this show it is the actors actually singing but . . . I just wanted to check since it doesn't as obviously sound like him as all the others do . . .

Love Lindsey in this ep though. He's awesome. :D

Yup, like nightshade already said it's him singing. And it's featured on the Angel soundtrack "Live fast, die never". I love it, it's a beautiful tune :)

wickedtiger86
wickedtiger86
thats awesome!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I love this episode!! Lindsay is such a good character, I felt so sorry for him at the start of the episode when we got to see his routine especially his guitar. Him and Angel work so well together, they are so funny together!! I feel sorry for Cordy, seeing the tole the visions are taking on her and how concerned everyone is for her :(

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Just watched this ep last night and remembered how great it was.

For such a dark storyline, it was a very funny ep. Pretty much sums up the show then. ;)

FuzzyHandcuffs

USS Bangel Captain
Sineya
I was just going to say how gorgeous Lindsay is and then this episode happens. I might have a new favorite character! (I still love Angel, but that singing that Lindsay does... amazing!)

Charmander

Potential
The Lindsey/Angel bickering is so funny. This was a really great episode for Lindsey's development, and I think this was the first episode I ever watched too.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
The gang's reaction to Lindsey's singing. Especially Angel's bitter critiquing 'Pick a style, man' and 'Is everyone drunk?'

Lindsey's 'evil hand' speech.

Two of the funniest but overlooked moments in the Buffyverse.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
The gang's reaction to Lindsey's singing. Especially Angel's bitter critiquing 'Pick a style, man' and 'Is everyone drunk?'

Lindsey's 'evil hand' speech.

Two of the funniest but overlooked moments in the Buffyverse.
Rewatched it. LMAO. This one's hilarious.

Actually Lindsey's rant to Angel "It's my lead! My lead!" is funnier than the two.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Lindsay looks peaceful when he sleeps.

That guy's face looks a bit like David Cameron's face...

Vision :(

W&H, get your nose out of Angel's life :mad:

Gunn has a point, information is only given out to relatives.

Lindsay is at the doctors, what are they doing to him ??? o_O

He's getting a new hand :D

What is that ??? :eek:

Cordy :(

Cordy, that vision is very disturbing...

Good morning Lindsay, how is it having 2 hands again ??? :)

Yeah, how does eating chocolate cause cancer ??? o_O

Lindsay is learning how to write again :)

Angel, you don't eat...

Good job Gunn :)

Lindsay is at the karaoke bar, he has a nice voice :)

Angel, please don't sing Stairway to Heaven...

Lorne is right, fighting just makes it worse...

It's obvious how Angel found out, he's a private detective of all things supernatural.

Oww!

Angel has a point, a little gratitude goes a long way :)

Gunn has a point, the visions are getting worse and worse :(

Angel is definitely getting through to him...

The floor is hollow, and what's under it is very disturbing :(

Brad wants to be dead, it's that bad in there :(

The place exploded :eek:

Charlie doesn't like having his hair ruffled...

Lilah, it was a promotion after all :)

Lindsay, where are you going ??? o_O

Next time: Demons who like blood.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The evil hand scene is great. My only issue with it was that him touching Lilah on the butt at the end of it felt sexist. The scene is played for comedy, which is why that bit doesn't work IMO. Love the Lindsey story in it, not so much the Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn bits.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I loved this episode,
Lindsey shirtless yummy ;)
Seeing Cordy get those visions were so crazy especially watching someone stab themself .
Also I adore Lindsey singing *swoon*
I'm happy that he finally quit Wolfram & Hart and went back to his roots.
Good for Lilah for getting the promotion.
Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn were decent in this episode but honestly I could've watched Lindsey the whole episode.

AshSlays

WOW, Sarcasm, that's original!
The cursed area of tons of sweet tea (Arkansas)
Black Thorn
Just watched this episode for the first time!
My first comment on this episode: Damn, Lindsey can sing! I was just as mesmerized as the gang (apart from Angel, of course!)
Second comment: Wow, creepy, much?
Rest of comments:
Poor kids and wife of the guy who stabbed himself, wow...
Glad Lindsey left Wolfram & Hart, but I love his character so much that I wish he stayed in LA, although maybe it was better for him...
Good for Lilah, who knows what evil schemes she'll concoct next (you go, girl)!
My final verdict on this episode:
Evil hand!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bleat at me no longer, we are done.
Black Thorn
It was touching when Lindsey finally seemed to realise just how evil his company really was. Seeing his former co-worker with missing body parts; I mean, it really seemed that he had had an epiphany. I liked his exit, it was somewhat noble. I wish that he'd stayed in Texas, and never came back in S5...to be killed by Lorne, of all people. What an insult! No wonder he was so pissed.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Lindsey's epiphany made more sense than Angel's two episodes ago.

It's a solid episode with a great character. I like Lindsey and his moral ambiguity, choosing to join the dark side even while feeling guilty about it. Shame he'll be leaving for now until season 5. And killed by Lorne? Dang. I also remember him having some kind of edgy tattoo on his chest in one of the S5 scenes as he was fighting Angel while shirtless.

Agreed on the Lilah butt-tapping. That seemed unnecessary and encourage playing off the kind of sexist behavior we do see at the workplace for laughs. Not the series' finest moment.

From the next episode's promo, it seems like Cordy's starring in some kind of sleazy commercial...? Yikes.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I understand that Cordelia's visions are taking a mental and physical toll. But I didn't get why she felt so bad for the guy who stabbed himself. Isn't the implication that he worked at W&H? So really, the kids are probably better off without him.

I like how this episode built some sympathy for Lindsey again before he leaves. Though the fact that his plans for clients are even more devious than what W&H comes up with, makes me think he won't thrive elsewhere as well.

The Pockla demon was very cool. I may need to revise my theory that demons never have positive powers, because this one does seem positive, even if used for bad people.

A $1 tip for a delivery person? Tsk, Angel. If he can pay a private detective to do their detective work, surely he can give a better tip to a minimum-wage working stiff!

"I was thinking, 'Stairway to Heaven.'"
"Don't even joke about that." :D

This episode had some well-done comedic moments, but what will stick with me is the grim body-storage room. Even in the cult-classic "Parts: The Clonus Horror", they froze the victims, not leaving them awake and aware in a tank. Yet I wish Brad had been missing organs, to justify Lindsey granting his death-wish. I don't like the idea that just missing limbs means a person's life is not worth living.

Excellent analysis of Lindsey's song here.

Antho
Antho
Thanks for the link to the song analysis
Top Bottom