• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 2.20 "Over the Rainbow" - Aired 5/8/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
After being inadvertently sucked into a dimensional portal, Cordelia finds herself stuck in Lorne's home world, Pylea, a place where demons rule and human beings are slaves at best. Back in L.A., Angel is determined to find a way to rescue Cordelia, but when it seems that travelling to Pylea is the only answer, Lorne begins to get cold feet. After spending years in L.A., he is not at all happy at the idea of a homecoming.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-LOVE Cordy's outfit!!
-Loving how Angel is hell-bent on saving Cordelia. Such a change from their days on BtVS!
-"Is this thing out of batteries??" Funny stressful moments.
-Cordy being licked by the hell dog and called a cow - HAHAHA!
-NOOOO! Gunn can't leave!
-So, how many weird looks does Gunn get when he drives his truck during the day?
-So, with the lawyers...did the casting crew of Lost just take the same actors off of Angel? It's Jin!!
-Fred is pretty looney. Oh, my.
-I am very curious to know who Angel was leaving a message with...
-So, the Higher Powers like to harrass Cordy in all dimensions.
-YAY! GUNN IS BACK!!!
-Aww, giddy in-the-sun Angel!!

-Wes poking and pinching Angel is pretty hilarious.

K
kittenpoker
I love giddy angel in the sun! I think I see some over there in that patch of sun... I'll go look! And angel was leaving the message for gunn
Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-Best line EVER: "I think we're winning!" Oh, Wesley. Also hilarious is Wes shuffling in his shackles.
-I wonder how Angel got out of the Tower of London.
-Looks like Cordy finally won prom queen!

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I love this episode! Angel's reaction to both the sun and being able to see his reflection are hillarious!!

Taake
Taake
[No message]

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I love that Cordy clicks her heels to try and get home, fitting considering the episode title! Also the hell hounds are the same from the episode The Prom and Cordy didnt recognise him! Its interesting to see how differently Angel and Wes work, Wes wants to research and Angel wants to act. Poor Gunn feeling all responsible for his friends death. It was ironic that Lorne has someone to go to for advice. Poor crazy Fred! I really wanted Angel to be leaving that message for Buffy and I was gutted that he'd left it for Gunn! I love the cliff hanger.

I've listened to the commentary from Fred Keller. He mentions that the scene at the bar is to show Angel's intense need to bring his ''lady love'' back :( He explains how good all the actors are and how difficult it is for actor's to work in so much make up. He comments on how good Andy is and how it was nice to work with Amy because it was her first time acting. He mentions locations and camera shots and how good the make up department are at their jobs.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love that Cordy clicks her heels to try and get home, fitting considering the episode title!.
I showed this episode to a friend who hadn't seen a lot of Angel and this moment had her howling with laughter, she thought it was a perfect "well why the heck not?" if you find yourself in a strange place. :)
I love that little joke too :D

Robynrainbow

Witch
Black Thorn
I loved this episode, but did anyone else feel a slight nod to Stargate SG1?

When they said the portal was at a studio, I was hoping so much that it was going to be the stargate! And then as the episode continued, because I had stargate on the brain, I couldn't help but think of the similarities. They were in a different realm, but it sure looked a lot like the typical stargate 'other planet', and we got the brains, the braun, the beauty and the black guy haha! The first thing I think I noticed was the similarities between Wesley and Daniel, does anyone else see this or do I just have Stargate on the brain?

Charmander

Potential
Great episode. Felt really sorry for Cordy again. She goes through a lot this season! The Deathwok clan have the potential to be goofy but they really do come across as scary.
I saw similarities to Buffy when Cordy was trying to be humourous when they were accusing her of being cursed- I could totally picture her in that situation. :p
I totally wasn't expecting that ending!

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Sorry for your loss, AI :(

Poor Cordy :(

Cordy, the optimism was worth a shot ;)

Angel is right, screw logic right now, it will just make things worse...

He has a weird tounge...

Cordy=Cow ??? o_O

Lorne, I think that Fred opened the portal for you to get out...

A world without music ??? :(

Gunn :(

That's humiliating and disgusting :mad:

Add the collar, it makes things worse...

Poor Fred :(

Lorne, you need to go...

Didn't think that Wes would be into kink...

Cordy looks horrible in those clothes, she would agree with me.

No laughing in Pylea :(

Pylea looks worse than hell...

Viper's milk o_O

"Brad and Jennifer", shows the show's age.

Angel, enjoy the sunlight :D

Pylea has a priest, do they have a Pope too ???

Wes is right, the book is probably useless in Pylea...

Pylea is more old fashioned than North Korea...

Wes, you jinxed it...

The Pyleans are pretty brutal people...

Sentenced to what ??? death or worse ??? o_O

Queen Cordy o_O

Next time: even more Pylea.

Kratos

Potential
Great episode for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Watching this episode just recently, like Jules, I thought Angel was leaving a message on the phone to Buffy before leaving for Pylea until it was revealed later on it was a message for Gunn.

Btvs fan

Scooby
So Pylea has advanced technology for electronic slave necklaces but don't know what cars are and live in a Medieval style world hmm :confused:🤔

Top Bottom