• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.05 "Fredless" - Aired 10/22/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Fred's parents make a surprise visit to Angel Investigations. However, rather than being happy to see them Fred seems terrified and flees the scene. Not trusting Mr. and Mrs. Burkle, the gang prepares to protect Fred from them---providing she can be found. Meanwhile, a strange, insectile demon stalks the crew.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-LOVE Cordy and Wes' re-enactment of Bangel!! (Now I get that banner...)
-"How about you both bite me." Oopsies!
-The curiosity is going to kill me, too, Cordy!
-I wonder what flavor of ice cream Angel wants... ;)
-Fred building a condo in the sewers. Oh, boy.
-Fred's parents? I hope this isn't Tara all over again...
-Angel with the demon head = HAHAHAHA
-"You think I'm fat?" Gotta love vain Angel!
-Poor Caritas :(
-Lorne is not a good liar.
-Oh, poor Fred. So glad she found her parents, though!
-LOVE when Fred's dad hits the bug!!
-And her mom in the bus!! "Did I get it, ya'll?"
-Aw, sad Fred leaving....:(
-Ooo, Wesley's daddy issues come out
-Aww, the bug just wanted its babies

I liked this episode. It was nice to hear more about Fred! Other than she likes tacos...

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
as always, your episode posts are interesting, informative, and complete

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I love this episode!! Cordy and Wes' Bangel re-enactment was hillarious!! It was so nice to finally see nice parents in the Whedonverse!! I liked the twist, that at first you think Fred's parents are evil and then they turn out to be really nice!

Eww, eww, eww on the bug demons, I hate bugs, and those were particularly creepy!

I loved the last scene where everyone is in Fred's room, its nice, almost like the calm before a storm though with everyone getting on with each other.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

Ojuice5001

Reliable Dog Geyser Person
Has anyone noticed a possible example of foreshadowing in this episode? Cordelia makes a joke about the idea that demons would try to kill her and her friends with pillows, "but those times are few and far between." And before the season is over, there will be a highly memorable example of this, when Angel tries to kill Wesley with a pillow...

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

FuzzyHandcuffs

USS Bangel Captain
Sineya
I actually liked this episode. It's nice to know about Fred's family and they're actually not like Tara's.

I laughed out loud when Angel got all giddy about Cordy playing doctor. It was adorable.

Overall this episode is alright, not one of my favorites, the bug was gross!

timbitsmama

Townie
This episode just has awesome written all over it. To see one of the gang's parents actually be a part of what they experience every day was so lovely. The whole show had great writing, funny parts (Angel: you think I'm fat?) and of course, the whole Cordelia and Wesley as Buffy and Angel, lol. This was one of my faves from season 3.

Charmander

Potential
The scene where they're making fun of Buffy and Angel is something I saw before I watched the show properly. Still hilarious!

I liked the dig that Fred's mom made at the last Alien movie. :D

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Gunn is making fun of Wes :D

I buy Fred's theory, it's true.

Wes and Cordy are imitating Bangel :D

Angel wants ice cream, is he human again ??? o_O

Fred is using the metric system, is that what they use in Pylea ???

Gunn, I don't think Cordy wants visions...

Fred's parents are dressed like nerds...

Socially awkward Angel acts socially awkward when Fred's parents are around, I love him when he's like that :)

Fred, don't run from your parents :(

Lorne, don't smoke, it will do things to your singing voice :(

Angel, she isn't there...

Fred's parents have no idea...

Lorne's heart is in his buttcheek ???o_O

Fred, don't get on the bus...

Fred :(

Bye cockroach :D

Angel gets excited about his turn :D

Angel knows more about pop culture
than I thought...

Fred, don't go :(

Fred, hell is not a swear word.

Fred's coming back :D

Cordy, you are not soothing...

Those are ugly maggots...

Fred, you were never normal...

Next time: Wes and Gunn go crazy.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Great episode and the best up to this point of S3. Acker breaks my hart in it. Its a nice little story about Fred. She had a slow start on the show, but this episode is a big turning point for the character. Its a truly sweet episode about family, with some good humour too.

Priceless

Scooby
Great episode and the best up to this point of S3. Acker breaks my hart in it. Its a nice little story about Fred. She had a slow start on the show, but this episode is a big turning point for the character. Its a truly sweet episode about family, with some good humour too.
Agreed, this is the best episode of S3 so far, and Fred is a nice addition to the show. I'm hoping from now on she'll calm down a bit, because I've found her performance a bit manic. I also think you can see both Wes and Gunn showing an interest in her. I also think there has been Cangel overtones in previous episodes, but in this Cordy's line (I'm paraphrasing here) 'I could soothe your ass off' reminds me of Faith telling Spike she could pop him like warm champagne.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Cordelia and Wes's re enactment of Buffy and Angel is hilarious!!!
Fred was amazing this episode. It just proved how much I love her character and Amy Acker is a fantastic actress.
It really was the episode where Fred joined the group and I was so beyond proud of her.
This was a sweet episode and one of the best of Season 3.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Re-watched this episode today and still love it. But one thing which actually makes it very sad is that if Fred had picked the other path and gone home she never would have met her untimely death in S5. I'm sure Fred never regrets her decision, but it makes me think of that.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Me too!!

Mr Trick

Scooby
This episode is not only a turning point for Fred as a character, but for this season. From here the quality picks up big time.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
I liked the Fred parts in this episode and learning more about her. I liked her parents. I did not like Bangel being made fun of though with Cordelia and Wesley. I liked how Angel wanted to take Fred out for Ice Cream. A little reference to I WIll Remember You. It was a very good Fred based episode. I am glad that Fred decided to stay.

Top Bottom