• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.07 "Offspring" - Aired 11/5/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
As the crew researches a prophecy predicting the imminent arrival of a being who may have a profound impact on the world, Darla arrives at the hotel -- pregnant, angry, and looking for the daddy - Angel. Cordelia, hurt that Angel did not tell her about his night with Darla, takes Darla's side in the matter. Baffled by how the pregnancy is even possible, Angel and company turn to Lorne for some insight.

Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-I love Angelus flashbacks. He sure likes screamers. That also must be where he learned some torture tactics.
-So, question: If Angelus was so notorious, wouldn't you think the Slayer of that time would go after him?
-"I know. But it's just so much fun ruining his life." I love Darla.
-Apparently Darla's eating for two....
-Heehee. Cordy hitting Angel.
-Gunn juggling is awesome
-Cordy and Angel's training is sure ramping up the sexual tension...
-Awkward Angel with Cordelia. Hilarious.
-Darla always has such great entrances. Cordy is hurt; Fred and Gunn talking; love Darla punching Angel.
-Cordelia being compassionate to Darla is interesting. "You just went male."
-"Mmmm, Angel." :)
-Fred's evitable speech = win
-Oh, crap!! Darla can't eat Cordelia!!! Oh, good, a vision.
-"We tried to stop her by hitting her feet and fists with our faces." Gunn. :)
-Darla with the little boy made my stomach turn.
-"I don't breathe, you idiot." As she's gasping for breath. Ha.
-Oh, my. Apparently they don't know Angel is on their side now....

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I really dont like the Cangel moments, the Bangel in me just cant picture Cordy and Angel together. It just feels wrong. And its weird because I didnt mind watching Buffy with Riley or Spike.

I thought the scene were Darla brakes down and starts asking Angel to kill her was a lot like Faith in season 1.

It was a very good cliff hanger, I cant wait for the next episode.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
We haven't had a flashback in a while...

Angelus had a pony tail :eek:

Angelus, why did you go to Rome, home of the enclosed Vatican ??? o_O

Darla :eek:

Something about Angelus saying darling just feels wrong...

Cangel, it just feels forced...:rolleyes:

Gunn following the head's eyes, is this a reference to the time Oz said that about the cheerleading thingy in season 2 of Buffy ??? o_O

That guy with a gun looks a bit like a chubbier Mike Pence...

Fred ships Cangel ??? o_O

So, March 2001 was the old December 21st 2012 ??? o_O

Cordy, the boy would look awful in color...

Angel, we know that you are still in love with Buffy :rolleyes:

Darla :eek:

If vampires can't have children, then why is Darla pregnant ??? o_O

Those annoying floating girls again :mad:

Lorne, I'm as shocked as you are...

Lorne collects Barbies ??? I'm not surprised...

Fred, some things are inedible...

Poor Darla :(

Poor Cordy :(

Vision :(

Darla :mad:

Like Angel, I don't know how to use voicemail either, and I've had a smartphone for 3 years...

Angel, do it.

The fetus has a soul :eek:

Angel is going to be a father :eek:

They are rising it, it looks like a demon...

Next time: More pregnant Darla...

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I loved this episode!
I love Cangel rising!
Darla has the best entrances!
Also Cordelia telling the Angel groupies "I hope you guys are on the pill" I screamed!!
I also love Fred when she's confused about how Angel has so many girlfriends haha.

Mr Trick

Scooby
[QUOTE="Jules, post: 1036886, member: 2230"]I really dont like the Cangel moments, the Bangel in me just cant picture Cordy and Angel together. It just feels wrong. And its weird because I didnt mind watching Buffy with Riley or Spike.

I thought the scene were Darla brakes down and starts asking Angel to kill her was a lot like Faith in season 1.

It was a very good cliff hanger, I cant wait for the next episode.[/QUOTE]

Yes and this is the episode where it really started to kick into high gear IMO.

This isn't my favoruite episode. The way Cordy behaves when finding out Darla is pregnant bugs me! It feels forced and is a bit over the top. I can understand her being upset over Angel lying, but the concern she shows for Darla is a bit much.

Stake fodder

Soulless
Finally, Holtz really enters the story. He should have killed Angelus while he had the chance, and let him be tortured in hell. I don't want Angel killed, of course, just questioning Holtz's logic!

I really enjoyed Gunn and Wesley's comedic calm under fire, when retrieving the lost bits of the prophecy from the collector.

Fred had a huge crush on Angel just a couple episodes back, but she accepted that he wasn't over Buffy. Now she's cheerfully pronouncing it "kyrumption" for him and Cordelia? It doesn't quite fit. I don't know if I quite buy them together yet, but Angel's tentative overtures are cute.

And then Darla shows up to ruin his romantic hopes yet again. Cordy certainly takes her pregnancy right in stride, but I enjoyed her scolding of Angel. Angel himself doesn't seem to take the baby as a serious consideration until he hears the heartbeat. And then he immediately segues into the traditional treating of a pregnant woman as if she has no brains. 😒

Gunn: "Yeah. No, not that one. The other one that died and came back to life. She's a vampire."
Fred: "Y'all have a chart or something?"
Gunn: "In the files. I'll get it for you later." :D

I find it interesting that Angel warns Gunn not to let Darla get near Cordy or Fred. Are they considered "purer" than Gunn or Wes?

Reactions: Bop

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I find it interesting that Angel warns Gunn not to let Darla get near Cordy or Fred. Are they considered "purer" than Gunn or Wes?

No Cordy and Fred are just considered less able to defend themselves than Gunn and Wes which is probably true.

Top Bottom