• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.08 "Quickening" - Aired 11/12/2001 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Angel must do everything in his power to protect Darla and their unborn child when Wolfram & Hart launches a full-scale attack to take mother and baby. To make matters worse, the gang is also threatened by a vampire cult who believe the baby is The Miracle Child.

Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-Ugh, Darla and Angelus killing Holtz's family. They are good at the whole tormenting thing, though.
-Darla's stomach is HUGE!!
-Love Darla and Angel's dicussion about their last romp in the sack. Haha.
-W & H signing docs in blood. Can't say I'm surprised.
-Having just gone through labor two months ago, I chuckle at Darla's comments. Totally understand! I love that Angel and Darla's bickering is typical of any couple going through childbirth.
-Funny how Wes knows how to work an U/S machine....
-Angel's face when he finds out the baby is a boy is so wonderful!
-"I look forward to dissecting both the mother and the child." Um, ew.
-I love that Fred always has a plan. Wesley's in-air staking = awesomeness.
-Demon Squad vs. Swat Team. Winner is....
-As Buffy said, "These things? Never good."
-Angel's look at seeing Holtz was priceless.
-Ok, Darla's water breaking and her immediately screaming in pain? Does not happen. So misleading.

Good episode. Nothing really mind blowing.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I really enjoyed Darla and Angel together, they just have very good chemestry. I really like Darla's character, she never just gives in and broods like Angel does. She fights caring about people and puts herself first, like when she thought the gang of vampires were her better option she was willing to go with them, she finds out there going to kill her and she switches sides.

I love that Fred thinks on her feet, it was shocking to see why she wanted the knife, it was such a shame that she spoiled it by telling Darla the plan.

Another good cliff hanger. Cant wait for the next episode :)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Flashback :)

Angelus and Darla sure weren't stupid...

Darla :mad:

Darla looks so peaceful sleeping...

227 years is a very long time :eek:

About 60 years ago=world war 2 ??? o_O

Fred, you ramble too much...

Nice one Cordy :D

Lilah writes with her own blood, interesting...

The mailman clearly likes Lilah...

They are spying on AI :mad:

I'm creeped out just by watching this scene...

Poor Darla :(

Another flashback :D

Why and how does he know such things ??? o_O

There are teaching hospitals ??? o_O

W&H killed him :eek:

What the hell is that guy doing ??? Telekinesis ??? o_O

Darla's little parasite is so cute :oops:

Angel, congrats :D

Demon punch party :eek:

Die, how about no ??? :p

A vampire birth is an oxymoron...

Cordy sounded like a TV Tropes article for a moment (TV Troops started as a Buffy website before it started to focus on TV and other things).

Baby Cage :eek:

I don't think the hotel is a good idea...

W&H seem to be enjoying this a little too much...

Fred, you jinxed it :eek:

Next time: Darla stakes herself.

Mr Trick

Scooby
This is the stage of the season where the writers start packing too many plots and characters in at once. The second half of this episodes becomes quite confusing. I think maybe the Wolfram & Hart side could have been cut. But there was still lots to enjoy. Holtz is a great villain and I love the scenes with him and Sahjhan (one of my fave supporting characters). Another great episode for Fred too:)

Stake fodder

Soulless
I look forward to finding out what Sahjhan's interest is in all this, and I find him amusing. He calmly smokes while waiting for Holtz to emerge from the statue, and then he gets Holtz up to speed by having him watch four TVs simultaneously. One, I don't think a man of the 18th-century would be used to multi-tasking like that; two, it doesn't seem strictly necessary for him to know what history he missed. But once Holtz is informed that men have landed on the moon, he is now fully prepared to pursue Angel.

I thought I should recognize the new W&H executive, Linwood, but I see he was introduced in this episode. They do seem to run through execs pretty quickly, and I can't keep them straight. I wonder if Gunn has a chart for them, too, as well as for Angel's love life.

For the vampires that show up to worship "the miracle child", I felt like someone should say, "I think you're looking for the Anointed One. He got dusted." How many of these weird prophesied-child vampire cults are there?

Wes knows how to use an ultrasound. Say what you will of the Watchers' Council, their educational system is very thorough!

I accepted Darla's pregnancy, but it seems weird that she has Braxton-Hicks contractions. That just seems too... normal? At least she ruined the back seat of Angel's car with her water breaking. Got him back a little!

T
thrasherpix
I have to say "magic" a lot, like with the eye in the back of the head demons...what bothers me the most is an immaterial demon able (and willing) to smoke! And that Fred was able to read a CAT scan (and Cordy payed for that & drugs how?)...
Top Bottom