• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.09 "The Wish" - Aired 12/8/1998 (WB-US)

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I wish that Oz and Cordy spent sometime trying to relate to each other in this episode and the next one.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Both Vampire Willow & Xander were great playing together in front of Cordelia's eyes. 🤣

The blood factory was also made in a level of Chaos Bleed (BTVS the game) 😅 .
It made me think that the blood factory kinda looks the same place that was made the chocolate bars in Band Candy, don't you think it is?

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Why wasn't Darla in this episode? It never made sense to me why she wasn't in this episode.

Black Thorn
I wish we got to see more of vampire Xander and Willow in more episodes. They were very cool and badasss.
Maybe some sort of alternative world where Vampire Willow takes on Dark Willow.

Plasma

Not Lurking, Standing About. Whole different vibe.
Staff member
Why wasn't Darla in this episode? It never made sense to me why she wasn't in this episode.

Because it wouldn't have been as surprising to see Darla as it was to see Willow & Xander. When it comes to alternate universe storylines, the writers try to push radical changes since that's the only time you'll ever see such a thing happen. If Darla showed up, I don't think anyone would have really been all that shocked. :)

Kendar

Potential
Because it wouldn't have been as surprising to see Darla as it was to see Willow & Xander. When it comes to alternate universe storylines, the writers try to push radical changes since that's the only time you'll ever see such a thing happen. If Darla showed up, I don't think anyone would have really been all that shocked. :)
Angel had been captured, but it is always possible he managed to kill Darla before that happened. After all, we didn't jump time. it's still season 3, so presumably somethings happened in the 2 years before the episode.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I think its also because as regular cast members the writers would want them to future strongly in the episode. Its possible they wanted to include Darla but felt the episode would have been crammed with her as well. Or maybe Benz wasn't free to do it. For the alternative reality angle I guess it made sense to explore the season regulars as alternative versions of themselves.

Top Bottom