• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.12 "Provider" - Aired 1/21/2002 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Unprepared for the flood of business brought in by advertising, the Angel Investigations crew splits up to cover more ground -- and ends up being spread too thin for its own good. Fred is offered big bucks to solve a demonic puzzle; Angel takes a job from a high-paying businessman; and Gunn and Wesley protect a woman whose zombie ex-boyfriend is stalking her.

Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-Ok, what is UP with Cordy's hair?? Is S3 on these shows the season for bad bangs?
-I love Cordy and Angel talking their baby talk to Connor. Heehee.
-Money scrounging Angel - we love him.
-The wrong number on the poster is just great.
-Lorne drinking baby formula - EW!!! Have you ever SMELLED that stuff? Gag.
-Angel needs to invest in a front back or a Moby. He could be much more efficient.
-$50k...that'll pay for the first year at Notre Dame. :)
-Ut-oh...Gunn and Wes both like Fred?? That isn't going to go very well...
-Why do I get the feeling those demons are going to try to steal Fred's brain??
-Drunk/high/hungover Lorne = Entertaining!
-Fred's head. I KNEW it!!
-"He's quite the natty dresser." Heehee
-Kissing the zombie? EW!
-Ooo, are we going to find out what demon parts Cordy has???
-I'm glad they got the money in the end. Is that capitalistic of me?
-That end scene is adorable. And I can relate. Gotta love those hazy-eyed midnight feedings.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I really dont like how Angel's behavious has changed and how he's become so obsessed with money. As if he really wasnt going to help that guy because he couldnt pay him. Speaking of that guy, he played Sam and Dean Winchester's dad in Supernatural. That attitude is a lot like Cordy's in season 1 of Angel. Holtz is one crazy person and Justine is no better, there would be no way I'd sit with a knife in my hand!

I'm glad we got to see 3 different story lines but I thought it was very busy, which was probably the point. That stalker boyfriend had a definate ''Some Assembly Required'' vibe about him.

Poor Fred almost having her head chopped off. They deserved that money but I dont know why they didnt just pack the suitcase again instead of trying to put it in their pockets :)

The Bangel in me ignores the last scene between Cordy and Angel :)

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
The suitcase things bugged the heck out of me, too!

Kana

Soulless human
To be honest, I thought this was an incredibly superficial episode.

I agree with those who said that Angel being obsessed with money made for a poor story-line.

That said, I did like the final scene with Angel, Cordy and Connor. I does add more dimensions to Angel, previously unseen and the line about freaking out because he's never had a life completely dependent was believable. It was the way we had several stories with no real depth that made for poor viewing.

The Holtz storyline was brilliant as always. It shows that Holtz above anything else was looking for obedience. Justine follows a similar path of virtual nihilism that Holtz did: If your life has been robbed of meaning, then feeling hate and pain is better than feeling nothing. Holtz obviously knew what he was doing when he recruited Justine.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Angel has a piggy bank, it's so cute :oops:

Cordy is cute with the baby :oops:

AI had a website :D

Three scenes on the screen at the same time, reminds me a bit of the three way calling on Lizzie McGuire.

6,000 ??? That's a lot :eek:

Lorne, Angel likes baby formula, no need to tell him it's as edible as pig's blood.

Fred's Texan accent :oops:

I'll never know the love of a woman.com :p

Angel is a great father :)

So money>blood ??? o_O

The Holtz storyline is a bit boring...

Class of 2020, that's only 3 years away :eek:

Angel likes money :p

Wes and Gunn are completing each others sentences :eek:

Eyeballs :eek:

Angel has a cool coat, doesn't he ?

Vomitorium, the place to throw up :p

I think he's dying...or having a long orgasm...

I think that Connor likes Cordy...

Connor has a weird life for a new baby...

He's pouting, just like Buffy :p

Fred, don't :mad:

Cordy, don't give them Connor :(

They are made of metal :eek:

If I were them, I would grab all the money.

Connor should have a chance to go to college if that is what he wishes :)

Next time: Cangel :rolleyes:

Out for a walk

5 Words Or Less...
Negan doesn't seem so bad. ;)

But really it is funny how much Angel has changed since the first season of Buffy. He can really be goofy.

I think it is cute seeing Wes and Gunn fight for Fred's affection.

Not feeling the Cangel...

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
My S3 re watch continues
I enjoyed this episode.
But I didn't enjoy Angel. He was so obsessed with money and it wasn't a good look for his character.
Loving the Cangel.
I'm glad they didn't cut Fred's head off lol!
Justine was also pretty great this episode. I find her interesting .

Mr Trick

Scooby
This is a bit of a nothing episode. It's not terrible and I can watch it but it doesn't leave much of a impression. Seems a odd one to have in the middle of S3 too.

Kratos

Scooby
Ok episode. The moral about money was heavy-handed, but parts of the ep were fun to watch in a “so bad, it’s good” sort of way. It’s Angel’s equivalent of the Buffy ep Beer Bad.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I enjoyed this episode's lighter, old-school MotW style. The real question is, how have they kept the business afloat this long, when they almost never seemed to have any paying clients? And apparently, their work is a need crying out to be filled, considering how many showed up.

Really, though, they've got to be smarter. Does no one realize sending Fred and Lorne off by themselves with demons is a bad idea? And Angel, a business should always cash the check before doing the work!

Angel called Connor "the class of 2020." Which was last year! But 2020 would be Connor's first year of college (or 2019-20), not when he would graduate. Unless being a vampire's child means he's a genius.

I thought it was interesting that Justine said that feeling something was better than feeling nothing, which is a shout-out to what Buffy's going through in her coincident season. The implication is that Holtz is also like a drug, though in a different way from Spike. He is keeping Justine trapped in her cycle of hatred and depression.

Top Bottom