• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.14 "Couplet" - Aired 2/18/2002 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Angel feels isolated, obsolete and even a bit jealous when Groosalugg arrives in town from Pylea, immediately saves the gang in battle, and is welcomed into the loving arms of his former princess, Cordelia.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I liked this episode, but it was a bit depressing. Jealous Angel in this one just made me sad. And poor Wesley!

-When Corelia and Gru were kissing in her apartment, I though Phantom Dennis was going to do something
-I love Cordy and Gru together. They are so cute! I love all the sex humor. Poor Cordy just wants some lovin'. Angel trying to talk her out of having sex with him was hilarious.
-"I could lose my vision-ity." "If that's how you want to play it." HAHAHA
-Fred and Gunn are pretty adorable, but in almost a "gag me" kind of way.
-Wes' master plan of sending Gunn on a lame surveillance backfiring = awesome.
-The tree demon thing was pretty lame, but funny how Gunn and Fred got trapped in there.
-Angel giving Cordelia the money and telling her to leave was pretty heart breaking. I'm presuming he did it so he didn't need to be around her after she sleeps with Gru. :(
-Wesley's talk with Gunn was so sad, too. But Wesley - he's still pretty classy, I must say.
-Seeing Angel saying he realizes he's not along because of Connor, then the flash to Wes' translation was awful. All I could think of was "NO!!!!"

It wasn't an action-packed ep, but I did enjoy it. I'm not really wanting to watch more though if something happens to the baby. :(

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
-"I could lose my vision-ity." "If that's how you want to play it." HAHAHA

Lmao, I love that! And I love Cordy's desperate wish to get her itch scratched so to speak :)

-Seeing Angel saying he realizes he's not along because of Connor, then the flash to Wes' translation was awful. All I could think of was "NO!!!!"
Aww, I know... every time I'm like "nooo, not the baby. Don't you dare hurt the baby" and then I have to go hug my own to make sure he's okay (though not a 'baby' per definition anymore ;))

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Poor Wes and poor Angel. Watching them both watch the people they love be with someone else was so heartbreaking.

I thought the part were Wes is telling Angel he's like one of those rare books and the book shop owner walks out and says we've got 3 was so funny and also when they walk into the hotel and see Gru looking like Angel and all Angel's bothered about is the fact that Gru is wearing his clothes.

Did anyone else think that Angel's axe was a little small for fighting that first demon?

I think Cordy was a little self centered in this episode, she didnt notice how what she was asking Angel to do was really hard for him. She also didnt even bother with his wound until after he gav her that money.

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
This is such a tragic part of the season, I didn't like the entire 'The Father Will Kill the Son' thing, it totally ruined Wesley. And it kind if pissed me off that Gru showed up just when Angel and Cordy were making progress towards being a couple. XP

Also this has been on my mind since I watched this episode, I just HAD to! XD

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Poor Angel :( No wonder he is such a cranky bastard, I never really appreciated the impact of never getting any. I cant really be mad at Cordy nor Gruu either.

This episode does have a lot of laughs, but it is a bit heart wrenching with Wes and Angel all lonely :(

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Connor is such a cute baby :oops:

Lorne has a good point, both Angel and Greta Garbo just want to be left alone every once in a while.

Groo and Cordy kissing :eek:

Is Connor actually getting shorter ??? o_O because I can't see it...

Groo, you don't even work here, so why are you here anyways ??? o_O

Visionity, never thought of that before...

Really ??? o_O

Gunn and Fred are a cute couple :)

I remember that Gunn used to have his watch on his right wrist and now it's on his left wrist o_O

Groo, Cordy has been through a lot lately...

I feel bad for Angel, he has to stay in the dark :(

Emails won't help, email address might help.

Groo gets the visions=Cordy can't help people anymore...

Three of a kind ??? o_O

Cordy boinked her cousin ??? o_O

Voodoo booty rituals sound kind of creepy...

Groo :eek:

Cordy needs help with sex ??? o_O

Cordy, I don't think that a love potion would help...

Groo doesn't get it, he likes being tied up :p

A tree with a DSL connection under it, perfect lair.

Angel is tired of the Groosa-worship, at least it isn't as widespread as the worship of certain celebrities...

I don't get Groo...

Angel has a point, Cordy deserves a vacation :)

Connor's getting chubbier, it's normal with babies.

Next time: More about that prophecy...

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I adore this episode. I love jealous Angel haha. Groo makes me swoon.
I love his short hair.
So nice of Angel to give Cordelia a vacation with Groo.
Fred and Gunn are super cute this episode too.
"the Father will kill the son" those prophecies again o_O

Mr Trick

Scooby
I kind hate this episode. I enjoyed some of comedy, but I think it does so much damage to the characters. Why would Angel be jealous of Groo? Why would Cordy just fall head over heels for Groo having left that part of her life behind? Why would Cordy talk about her sex life with Angel? Now I wouldn't even mind them doing this story if it wasn't so heavy handed. They take ever little joke or beat to the extreme. Subtle its not...

telperion66

Potential
I think this episode is kinda special.

It has some of the most integral, powerful and dramatic moments for the entire season.

I really enjoy the character of Groo, so seeing him have such a big role in this episode is great.

Seeing Gunn and Fred grow their relationship in its initial stages is powerful, but seeing the impact this has on their relationship with Wesley is yet more powerful still.

I agree, there are some humourous moments, and overall the performances are exceptional.

The script is nicely rounded out from start to finish, and we have the big impact of the reveal of "The Father Will Kill The Son" at the end.

Overall, a strong 8.3/10 for me. Felt this episode a lot. ❤

Top Bottom