• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 3.22 "Tomorrow" - Aired 5/20/2002 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Angel tries to make Connor feel at home in the Hyperion, but Justine tries to convince him that Angel is guilty of murdering Holtz. Meanwhile, Cordelia seems to be the only person who does not realize that she has fallen in love with Angel. When the light finally dawns, she decides that she must find a way to tell him.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Considering Cordy has all those vision I'm shocked she didnt see Groo leaving. I felt so sorry for him. He was such a sweet guy. I also felt really sorry for Lorne, the fact that he doesnt feel safe with Connor being there is so sad. I know Angel is very happy that Connor is back but he really should be listening to Lorne.

I loved Fred in the scene were Angel is teaching Connor to fight. She is so funny. She was hillarious when she was checking Angel wasnt perfectly happy. I didnt like Cordy talking to the vision of herself, that just came across as silly. I also didnt enjoy Angel and Cordy's talk on the phone :(

Poor Wes, there goes the geeky, loveable, ex-watcher we all used to love. He's gone over to the dark side :(

It was a very different cliff hanger to what were used to on Buffy. Buffy ends with the group being together having defeated the big bad. This ended with Lorne and Groo having left, Wesley entertaining his darker side, Cordy becoming a higher being, Angel at the bottom of the ocean and Connor undefeated.

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-Aw, Groo is so sweet! And I loved their whole sex conversation. Hilarious!!
-My instense for Holtz and the idiot redhead just keeps growing. And Connor is just so naive, though I know he can't really know any better.
-Angel all excited for Connor to move in. So sweet. :)
-NO! Lorne can't leave!!! My life will be over!
-Connor's good-bye to Holtz was quite creepy to me...
-Lilah definitely doesn't give up easily. At least she's upfront about wanting to use Wesley.
-Angel trying to pass of the birds and bees talk to Cordy. Hahahaha.
-So, I'm thinking Connor wants to kill all of them and make Angel suffer.
-I love Angel teaching Connor to fight! (Even though I know he's going to use it against him.)
-Fred: "I wanna be a vampire!" Haha.
-I really dislike Cordy's hair. Oi.
-OH, my gosh, Groo leaving was awful!! *hold back tears*
-Drive-in movies! How fun!
-Ninjas and helicopters? Is the Initiative here? ;) Fun fight scene.
-Um, Cordy's weird projection thing? What? And why does she want to meet in some random rural place?
-Hahaha. Fred. "But not perfectly happy, I hope." *Pokes Angel with a stake*
-Wes and Lilah?!?! What the...??
-Angel dropped his phone down the cliff?? Hahahaha.
-And Cordy froze time. Nice.
-I knew Connor was up to no good!! I hope Angel kicks his scrawny bum.
-Oh, Skip again. Great. No good can come from that.
-A higher being? So..she has to leave?? Wow. Sucky.
-Connor is all kinds of evil. Jeepers.
-Cordy going up, Angel going down. (Also, Cordy reminded me of Dorothy Hamil while she was ascending or whatever...)

Ok, so I know Angel must come back since there are two more seasons, but, wow. What a pickle.

Charmander

Potential
Such a shame how much Angel still wants to be a father, and Connor is still hellbent on his warped revenge.
Also sad when you think about how much Lorne loved looking after Connor as a baby and how he now has a prejudice against him just for being a demon.
Angel: "Wanna go out? I'd have to wear a burkha... or something"
Lol imagine Angel in a burkha. :D
Sorry to see Groo leave. I think he's a good character, but just came with horrible timing and stopped the Angel/Cordy development.
Brainwashed or not I can't really excuse anyone who would toss someone who lives forever to the bottom of the ocean floor. :( Poor Angel. And did the Vampire Diaries copy this?

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
This episode is the weakest Angel finale. It's hard to imagine what the writers were thinking this season - even some of their good ideas were executed terribly.

The good:
- The Connor/Angel bits, in particular, the heartbreaking scene when Angel is sunk to the bottom of the ocean. David Boreanaz has been spot on the entire season regarding the whole Connor thing and there's some great acting throughout this arc. Angel's desperation, confusion, hurt and even hesitant optimism is very saddening and gripping.
- The beginning of the amazing Lilah/Wesley affair. The actors have amazing chemistry and are both among the top Buffy actors. The scene after they have sex is very beautifully written ("Don't be thinking about me when I'm gone."/"I wasn't thinking about you when you were here."), although I have to point out that the excuses for Lilah's interest in Wesley or for the hookup are very thin.

The meh:
-Holtz/Angel - the scene at the motel and Holtz's letter aren't fully convincing. I also keep thinking Connor's fake cooperation should have been obvious to everyone.

The bad:
- Cordelia has been acting out of character since she returned from her trip. However, the horrible hair cut, her apparent lack of style, wit and attentiveness (to everything but Angel) reached an all time high (or low depending on your perspective) this episode.
- Cordelia not realizing her feelings for Angel until Groo tells her and seeking confirmation in a dubious vision is astonishingly bad writing and completely OOC.
- Cordelia's ascension is contrived and undeserved. Her stupidity and pride are ultimately the end of her:
Skip easily convinces her that she's a higher being, because she chose to selflessly become half demon and use her powers for good, and Cordelia doesn't seem to remember that her powers are random and beyond her control (she doesn't use them with intent, unlike Lorne) And let's not forget that she spent time vacationing this season instead of fighting evil and was overall more concerned with Angel than with saving lives. Cordy is convinced also that having visions and weird powers means she's a higher being. Buffy has prophetic dreams, Willow has a ton of power too and they don't assume they're higher beings.
Finally, she's going to die and all she cares about is telling Angel she loves him? Buffy had to kill Angel to save the world and what did she get in return? Nada. And she thinks not saying goodbye to Angel before becoming some sort of goddess is unfair?
- The complete lack of chemistry between Cordelia and Angel; Angel's total indifference regarding a relationship with Cordy (other than during that phone call that gets him mildly excited) and the fact that their "romance" is not at all shown through actions.
- Lorne has to tell Angel he has feelings for Cordy (and Angel's enthusiasm during that scene is non existent). To the best of my knowledge Lorne usually sees the future and reads people's intentions, not their feelings. Similarly to Lorne, Groo needs to tell Cordelia she's in love with Angel. Overall a very solid script if you're writing a bad soap opera.

Where is the Cordelia we know and love? The one who's pragmatic, cautious, intelligent?

Season 3 is a big disappointment. The Darla arc was great - Offspring not so much because Cordy was irritating and Angel acted like a teenager who knocked up his girlfriend - the Loyalty/Sleep Tight/Forgiveness was a pretty decent semi arc and I personally loved a New World - Angel's roller-costar of emotions upon seeing his son and Connor's heartbreaking first day on Earth are really good writing and acting, especially on DB's part. Other than that, dorky Angel, demon Cordelia, unnecessary love triangles and bad MOTW episodes drag the season down for me. It's my least favorite Angel season. At the very least in season four Cordelia's possessed by Jasmine and not just acting out of character.

thetopher
thetopher
Agreed about it being the worst Season of Angel.
crazysoulless
crazysoulless
[No message]

GraceK

Grr Arrg
This episode is the weakest Angel finale. It's hard to imagine what the writers were thinking this season - even some of their good ideas were executed terribly.

The good:
- The Connor/Angel bits, in particular, the heartbreaking scene when Angel is sunk to the bottom of the ocean. David Boreanaz has been spot on the entire season regarding the whole Connor thing and there's some great acting throughout this arc. Angel's desperation, confusion, hurt and even hesitant optimism is very saddening and gripping.
- The beginning of the amazing Lilah/Wesley affair. The actors have amazing chemistry and are both among the top Buffy actors. The scene after they have sex is very beautifully written ("Don't be thinking about me when I'm gone."/"I wasn't thinking about you when you were here."), although I have to point out that the excuses for Lilah's interest in Wesley or for the hookup are very thin.

The meh:
-Holtz/Angel - the scene at the motel and Holtz's letter aren't fully convincing. I also keep thinking Connor's fake cooperation should have been obvious to everyone.

The bad:
- Cordelia has been acting out of character since she returned from her trip. However, the horrible hair cut, her apparent lack of style, wit and attentiveness (to everything but Angel) reached an all time high (or low depending on your perspective) this episode.
- Cordelia not realizing her feelings for Angel until Groo tells her and seeking confirmation in a dubious vision is astonishingly bad writing and completely OOC.
- Cordelia's ascension is contrived and undeserved. Her stupidity and pride are ultimately the end of her:
Skip easily convinces her that she's a higher being, because she chose to selflessly become half demon and use her powers for good, and Cordelia doesn't seem to remember that her powers are random and beyond her control (she doesn't use them with intent, unlike Lorne) And let's not forget that she spent time vacationing this season instead of fighting evil and was overall more concerned with Angel than with saving lives. Cordy is convinced also that having visions and weird powers means she's a higher being. Buffy has prophetic dreams, Willow has a ton of power too and they don't assume they're higher beings.
Finally, she's going to die and all she cares about is telling Angel she loves him? Buffy had to kill Angel to save the world and what did she get in return? Nada. And she thinks not saying goodbye to Angel before becoming some sort of goddess is unfair?
- The complete lack of chemistry between Cordelia and Angel; Angel's total indifference regarding a relationship with Cordy (other than during that phone call that gets him mildly excited) and the fact that their "romance" is not at all shown through actions.
- Lorne has to tell Angel he has feelings for Cordy (and Angel's enthusiasm during that scene is non existent). To the best of my knowledge Lorne usually sees the future and reads people's intentions, not their feelings. Similarly to Lorne, Groo needs to tell Cordelia she's in love with Angel. Overall a very solid script if you're writing a bad soap opera.

Where is the Cordelia we know and love? The one who's pragmatic, cautious, intelligent?

Season 3 is a big disappointment. The Darla arc was great - Offspring not so much because Cordy was irritating and Angel acted like a teenager who knocked up his girlfriend - the Loyalty/Sleep Tight/Forgiveness was a pretty decent semi arc and I personally loved a New World - Angel's roller-costar of emotions upon seeing his son and Connor's heartbreaking first day on Earth are really good writing and acting, especially on DB's part. Other than that, dorky Angel, demon Cordelia, unnecessary love triangles and bad MOTW episodes drag the season down for me. It's my least favorite Angel season. At the very least in season four Cordelia's possessed by Jasmine and not just acting out of character.
Yes, yes and yes. Agreed on her stupidity and pride. I have to admit I got way to much gleeful satisfaction when Skip shows up in season 4 and says " .Cordelia became a higher being cause she's such a radiant saint! Puh-lease!!" :)

Carrie Hopewell
Carrie Hopewell
I know right??? Same. A saint? Please!

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Groo, she doesn't love you anymore...

Angel's welfare ??? Can't see Angel applying to receive welfare...

Groo is a bit innocent...

The Groo is in a love triangle :rolleyes:

Poor Connor :(

Angel is rearranging the room for Connor, that's nice :)

Lorne, go to Vegas, you deserve it :)

Holtz does not deserve a burrial, and he didn't get one :D.

Poor Wes :(

Lilah, please don't...

How does Groo do that ??? o_O

Angel, you would be surprised at the language some people use in their own homes...

Angel, don't wear a burka, stay indoors...

Good thing Connor is getting some training :)

Angel has a point, Fred is not in cats...

Tuna and Ice Cream together ??? o_O

Groo is finally leaving, He won't be missed...

Drive thru theater :eek:

W&H need to mind their own business...

Angel, Cordy and Wesley, it was a simpler time :)

Angel can whistle :eek:

How is Angel not crepped out by what Connor said ??? o_O

Wes and Lilah had sex :eek:

Cordy :mad:

The Beach is beautiful :)

Angel, get a new cellphone...

What did Cordy do ??? :eek:

Skip :eek:

At least Cordy's not dying :)

Cordy is a higher being now ??? o_O

Connor :mad:

Cordy, you need to become a higher power, I wish you the best of luck :)

Poor Angel :(

I can't believe what Connor just did, it was something Warren would do...

Fred and Gunn, all alone :(

Next time: Things will just get weirder from here...

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Re watching my fav Angel season finale "Tomorrow"
Groo and Cordy are cute especially in the muddy water scene & Groo saying "you want to have sex" really loud lol! But Cangel is my fav relationship on this show so Groo has got to go.
Connor mourning over Holtz is so sad :( .
I love Angel going into dad mode and thinking that 50 cents to a dollar is a good allowance. Cordelia "yeah that's good if your Tom Sawyer wanting to paint a fence" haha Cordelia is amazing!
Cangel chats are amazing.
So happy Wesley & Lilah had sex! I love their relationship. & dark Wesley is way sexier!
Cordelia loves Angel & Angel loves Cordelia :D
Angel & Connor& Fred & Gunn vs . W&H was intense.
Cordelia talking to herself in the mirror was my fav scene :p
Cordy freezing time! I love demon Cordy!
I understand Connor's anger especially because of the situations and manipulation he's been put through
My fav line "I'm in love with Angel" YASS Cordy!
Obsessed with this finale the first time I watched and I love it even more now.
With that my Cangel heart is happy.
Great cliffhanger

Tbpear
Tbpear
Love Cangel this episode

Mr Trick

Scooby
The only thing with Connor's plan is that from our POV we already knew that he thinks Angel killed Holtz. So we know that Connor is pretending. It would have worked better if we didn't know that information on Connor's end.

Not the best season finale for me. The Cordy stuff is terrible. The drive-in sequence was a bit lame too. Connor training is a bit over done. I wouldn't mind the odd scene, but it's done a number of times between this and S4. It just feels repetitive after awhile.

Top Bottom