• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 4.04 "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" - Aired 10/27/2002 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Cordelia appears back at the hotel with no idea who she is or how she got there. She also cannot remember anything about her friends or her past. Worried that the full truth may scare her off, the gang attempts to hide the scarier parts of their lives from her until she is ready to deal with it. Unfortunately, that secrecy leads to mistrust on Cordy's part when the reality of their situation is revealed. Things get even more complicated when Lorne reads her mind and sees a terrifying vision of the future. Meanwhile, outcast Connor struggles to find his place in the world.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Having your car break down in a dark abandoned alley is never a good sign. I almost thought that Connor wouldnt save that boys father and then seeing that he did and they didnt even thank him was a bit harsh. He looked so lonely watching them together and then watching the others at the hotel. I loved that Angel checked with Fred and Gunn could see her too. Where has Lorne gone to pee? Shouldnt he have seen Cordy too when he walked into the hotel?

Poor Cordy not being able to remember anything and being scared of everyone. Keeping Lorne out of the hotel added enough humor to the scene. Its a good thing that they didnt take her back to her apartment, how would they explain phantom Denis to her. I loved seeing her flip through her Sunnydale year book. Its a shame she cant remember what happened.

It was so funny watching Angel trying to hide his pigs blood and then Fred and Gunn walking in covered in demon blood. Cordy's logic that they were Russian spies and she had been brain washed by them was hillarious. The Black Russian comment was so funny! It seems she's not forgotten how to fight.

The scene were she asks if she's Connor's mother was heartbreaking but following Angel vamping out and then her finding out Lorne is a demon was funny. I laughed out loud at Gunn's ''I'm not a side kick'' comment and Cordy's singing.

It seems like Lilah really does have feelings for Wesley, she's really happy when he says that their in a relationship.

That demon guy was freaky looking. I cant believe Connor came in, saved Cordy and then she took off with him. It makes no sence that she would just blindly trust him over the others. Also how would Connor know that she liked shoes and donuts? She believes him, when the real people who know her are back at the hotel. Also eww on sharing a bed with each other!

I really love how Wes showed up with the information they needed and he's right not to trust Connor. The fact that Cordy chooses Connor over Angel and the others is just crazy!

Poor Lorne getting beat up again, he's having a really bad time of it at the minute. I feel sorry for Wes again, he was only trying to help Angel and now there going to distrust him again :(

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-Creepy part of town for a break down. *shudder* Connor McCreeperson didn't help much!
-Nice use of a car lighter. Vamps are very enterprising in LA. Running tow businesses and such. Haha.
-I'm kind of sad that Cordelia is finally back and it's all awkward and scary for everyone. Meh. *speculating like mad*
-Aw, Lorne with the perfect timing. Heehee. I would be creeped out if I was Cordelia, too. Everyone is acting all crazy!
-Angel talking about the ballet. Perv. :p
-Ooo, a good ol' Sunnydale yearbook. Hahahahaha
-Baby Connor :(
-Black Russian. Hahahahahahahaha
-Angel seeing the picture of baby Connor...my heart is breaking all over again.
-Love Cordy's look after absorbing all the information.
-When did we find out W&H was after Cordelia?? Did I miss something?
-Lilah felt the need to be honest with Wesley? Interesting.
-Erm...she just magically trusts Connor?! Well, at least he's telling the truth and coming clean.
-Heehee. I knew Wes wasn't sleeping. :)
-"She couldn't have just disappeared." Heh.
-Cordy remembering how to fight reminds me of Buffy in "Superstar" and "Tabula Rasa".
-Yeah, Connor knew Cordy for about five minutes. Grrr.
-Awww, I hate when Lorne gets beat up. :(
-Stooopid Wesley. Can't really be mad at Lilah for doing what she does.
-And yet again Angel loses someone he loves. Guy can't catch a break for anything. :(

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I cant believe Connor came in, saved Cordy and then she took off with him. It makes no sence that she would just blindly trust him over the others. Also how would Connor know that she liked shoes and donuts? She believes him, when the real people who know her are back at the hotel. Also eww on sharing a bed with each other!
Agreed on all of this. Frustrating!!

Angel's vision

Silence! I Keel you!
First off, the evil in Cordy was guiding her on a,subconscious level, so that is why she trusts Conner almost straight away, normally she'd be scared of him as well. The explanation I saw everything you ever did, in an episode after was cold, cruel and manipulative. I hated the end where she slow mo runs out the hotel. First sign of the above. Angel was very nieve, and annoyingly so, should of guarded his heart, not left it open to bleed before everyone . That way he would of been more discerning and wise.

Charmander

Potential
That was a weird collection of photos of herself in Cordy's room, they all looked like they'd been taken from behind a bush.
I laughed out loud at the way Cordy reacted to Angel's vamp face after she put the rosary beads in his hand.
Alexis does a great English accent but he never pronounces "details" properly...

Cordelia to Connor: "You're the first person who's been straight with me". Er, didn't Angel and co. just have a huge talk with her about her past? Seems kind of forced, and Connor comes across as creepy in those scenes anyways. And yeah, it doesn't make sense that Connor would know that much about Cordy, or even know what doughnuts were in fact.
And I hated Connor's smug smirk at Angel when Cordy chose to stay with him! Like he has any right to do that after what he did.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
This is reminiscent of BtVS "Blood Ties 5ABB13" where everyone is trying to keep quiet around Dawn who learns from Spike that she is the Key. From then on, Dawn trusts Spike rather than anyone else just as Cordelia trusts Connor because he has been straight with her. Reduce, reuse, recycle. In the Whedonverse, trying to keep a secret marks you as treacherous - and you know what, that's exactly how it works in the real world too. At least we didn't have a repeat of the "Get out, get out, get out!" speech originally from Dawn (who was perfectly justified) but seems to be hated by a number of people.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Gunn said it first:

"Hey, just remember, man, that's not really Cordy-"

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
That engine is very stubborn :p

That's not help :eek:

Yay Connor :D

Connor, not a good idea...

Why did her memories have to get erased ??? o_O

Cordy is understandably confused, she has amnesia and needs help...

That's a weird Blade...

She's starting to get her memory back :)

Angel smiled in a weird "I like you" kind of way... :eek:

Cordy has a blue teddy bear :eek:

Cordy, graduation was quite an event...

I feel bad for Cordy, she doesn't have any memories :(

Why is he drooling ??? o_O

You guys got busted, by Cordy...

What's the thing with Russian spies ??? o_O

Cordy, you were not a nun...

Cordy, drink something...

Angel, you are a Barry Manilow guy and we all know it :p

What is "that bad" ??? o_O

In the meanwhile, Wes and Lilah have sex around the clock...

There was a bet on this ??? o_O

His mouth :eek:

Is that thing worse than the first evil ??? o_O

Cordy, it's complicated...

Why do we need to wake up people over this in the middle of the night ??? o_O

Cordy, you will remember those with time...

Cordy is trusting Connor now, I don't blame her...

Wes :eek:

Connor :mad:

W&H need to develop better tactics... :rolleyes:

Angel, let Cordy stay with Connor, he's her only hope...

What did they do to Lorne ??? :(

Lilah has a point, there is such a thing as free will...

Next time: More about Fred and portals...

Mr Trick

Scooby
One of the most boring episodes of either show! It moves at a snails pace! Cordy acting how she does just doesn't work. Angel acting how he does just doesn't work. There's too much comedy as well. The ending with her choosing to stay with Connor just felt like forced drama. I don't get why Angel wouldn't put up a fight. After how Connor turned on him I don't get why he would trust him with Cordy?

The Lilah trick was nicely done though.

Top Bottom