• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 4.12 "Calvary" - Aired 2/12/2003 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
The gang try to re-ensoul Angel, but his soul is missing, and they must find a way to get it back. Meanwhile, Lilah tries to strike a deal with Angelus.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I'm sort of glad that Fred and Gunn are finally breaking up. Watching Gunn trying to cling to a relationship which was clearly over made me feel really sorry for him. He gave everything he could for her and she still kept looking at Wes. I was never a fan of the Fred/Gunn relationship and I did think Fred would be better suited with Wes but I wish Wes had waited to kiss her until after she'd finished with Gunn.

Fred and Gunn seem to make terrible guards, this is the second time that they've let something happen because of their relationship, the first thime when they lost that guy to the tree demon. I cant believe Lilah just showed up at the hotel, she looks incredibly on edge. I loved Lorne's comments to Lilah, he's so funny when he's being snide.

I dont like how Cordy's new visions appear, the white eyes are a little too freaky for me.

Havent these guys learnt that black magic spells never end well. I just dont get how Lorne could have been tricked.

These episode cliff hangers are getting a bit predictable. I felt sorry for Lilah, I really didnt want her to get killed :( I was so disappointed that it was Cordy who was the big bad.

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
-I don't get the missing soul bottle thing. His soul wasn't in a bottle before and he was able to be ensouled, so...
-Love that the shaman said "screwed". Heh.
-Angelous is so way evil. They are able to show how icky he is more on AtS than they were able to on BtVS.
-Love that Lilah and Angelous keep the banter up.
-Fred and Gunn are total deteriorating. :(
-Love that Lilah is still alive and kicking. More or less. Definitely a fighter.
-The Beast has a boss. Good thought from Angelous. There's always something bigger and badder.
-"How did you survive this long being this retarded?" I do love Angelous.
-What exactly will happen to the W&H building anyway? It's filled with dead bodies.
-Yikes, Gunn, don't get into a conversation with Angelous. Bad idea.
-Yeah, Wes is soooo sad about Fred and Gunn. Love Lilah picking up on the mojo. Haha.
-Cordelia having another convenient vision? What great timing.
-Ooo, Angel outing Wes and Lilah. Nice.
-Well, that's a creepy little thing that Gunn and Connor woke up.
-Lorne is so great. Love his burning hatred for Lilah.
-The skull is nice and nekkid. Might want to throw that pot out that you used to boil the flesh off.
-Angelous is awful tweaky while this spell is being set up.
-I don't think the spell worked...he's acting weird.
-Well, maybe he is. Glad to have someone take charge.
-Cordelia is such a weeeeeeench. I mean, seriously. Why is she copping such an attitude towards him?
-Bahahah! I KNEW it!!!!!!! Though, not really that funny because he's going to try to kill everyone.
-No one noticed that Angel is acting completely insane?
-Another gun sighting!
-Well, LA sure has gone downhill. Then what is everyone going to do even when/if they defeat the Beast? Hopefully the sun comes back out and fries everyone.
-Eep, Lilah and Cordy hunting. Not. Good.
-Ummm...Cordy...dagger...stabbing...waaaahhhh?

Well, my spidey-sense about Cordelia this whole season apparently had merit. [MENTION=8885]nightshade[/MENTION] liked the expression on my face at the end of that one.

Out for a walk

5 Words Or Less...
Watching Angel really makes you appreciate Willow and how much of an asset she is on Buffy. She would have restored his soul Easily. ;)

I love how Angelus says "I am going to save the world" and leaps out the door. Haha...like a bad superhero movie. :D

And that ending! Wow...I bet that was a shocker live. I was a little shocked, since I forgot about that Cordy storyline.

Last edited:

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
What. The. Hell ??? o_O

Gas ??? For what ??? o_O

Angelus got around quite a bit back in the days...

Why is Lilah here ???

Angelus, please stop this...

Funn is over, can't anyone see it ???

Lilah is evil, but not evil enough...

Lilah knows everything, that's how she knew.

How does the beast have time for all of that ??? o_O

Cordy, what are you doing ??? o_O

Angelus is lamer than I remember...

Wes, go for it ;)

Cordy, are you trying to flirt with Lilah ??? o_O

How do we re-ensoul Angel then ??? o_O

Bitch cow ??? :mad:

Connor killed that thing, not... :(

Gunn saved Connor's soul :D

Why do Cordy's eyes turn all white when she's having visions ??? o_O

Black magic will just make things worse...

Angel is back :eek:

Angel has a point, it might be temporary...

Cordy is not Cordy...

He's back :eek:

So Angel's having mood swings ??? o_O

I think everyone wishes they won the lottery 6 times...

Angelus can whistle nicely ;)

Cordy :mad:

Lilah died :(, I liked her.

Next time: Wes recruites Faith to help AI.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Even though I hate the Cordy stuff and the direction it takes late in the season have to admit the twist with her killing Lilah and it being the reveal that she is evil was actually nicely handled. Was great seeing Lilah back for this one too. Sad to see her get killed off but she had a good arc on the show at least. Still has one more big scene to come.

Top Bottom