• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 4.20 "Sacrifice" - Aired 4/23/2003 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Hiding from Jasmine in the sewers, Angel, Fred, Wes, Lorne, and Gunn run into a strange creature who claims that the beings of his world loved and worshipped Jasmine first. As Jasmine's forces close in, Angel realizes that he must travel to this other dimension to find the key to defeating her.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
In the bloopers for season 4 when Angel shuts the door in the opening scene David falls through the wood in the middle and him and Vincent go crashing to the corridor wall!

Its sad watching the gang get their free will back and have it result in them not getting along. The tension between Gunn and Angel is high, I just dont get why Gunn is taking his anger out on Angel. I love Lorne, he's just so witty. I also love Jasmine's outfits.

I kept thinking that I'd heard that demon's voice before and he's played Weatherby, one of the Watchers who came after Faith.

Gunn's going all dark, much like Wesley did and Connor's finally been taken over by Jasmine.

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I love this ep - though it's been awhile since I've seen it.

I like that they meet that alien from the planet jasmine abandoned. I think that gives important insight into her character and the trajectory of her plan....

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Or I wonder if it did work on Connor, but he actually wants to be Jasmine's minion??

-Well, that was one way to get Connor out of the hotel.
-If only Fred had gone for a head shot. I'm guessing if Jasmine is dead, no more minions.
-"Way to go, Catholic Church." *facepalm*
-I just can't figure out what Jasmine's plan is. Is she just wanting people to adore her? She seems like Glory, but less sassy and violent.
-Good thing being one with Jasmine doesn't give humans actual fighting abilities. And that is definitely creepy.
-Way to not close the manhole cover, guys!!
-Meh. They're all being so mean to each other. :( And I do understand Angel's comments about Cordelia, but it's still sad.
-Sewer army! Awww, old school Gunn peeps. Yay for friendlies!!
-Uh-oh, Jasmine ate Cordelia?! I wouldn't think Connor would accept that easily.
-Angel must be needing to burn off some steam...
-"This state now answers to me." Well, that can't be good. And last I heard Sunnydale was in CA and no mention of Jasmine there...or maybe that's where all the Sunnydale residents went. Flocking to LA.
-Whooooa, what the frack is that thing?! Looks like the face of the weird lizard professor that worshipped glory. 0_o
-She is the devourer? That can't be good.
-I do like the way gross demon talks, though. "I stitch your guts every all over. Why don't you go dead?"
-UGH, scary kids are the CREEPIEST!
-Heh, Gunn. "Oh, God, are we dead yet?"
-Eeep! Just go fast, Angel, then get back and kick some Connor bum!

Charmander

Potential
I loved Wes' conversation with that demon. It's design was good too, and its voice reminded me of the Master's.
Felt sorry for Gunn when Fred was horrified that he hit the kid. He didn't really have another choice, though I thought it was a little too obvious that he'd been possessed.
Jasmine should've stayed in Matthew's body; her voice seemed to sync better and he looked creepy as hell.
Distracting CGI but those creatures are scary enough to make the end scene passable.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I don't blame Connor for thinking that...

Jasmine's followers :eek:

Wow, this has gone too far...

I don't think that the Pope would be OK with that...

Jasmine's going to eat them :eek:

I'm starting to have the urge to compare Jasmine to Hitler...(and I don't say this lightly).

Why don't they let Cordy die in dignity ??? She's never going to wake up...

Lorne jinxed it :eek:

Jasmine's poor slaves, can't think for themselves :(

Cordy's gone :eek:

Matthew is being Helpful :)

Jasmine's using a rotary phone :eek:

The governor is not immune, that's not very good...

Jasmine :mad:

Angel can sure jump...

That create reminds me of one of the creepy toys Sid built in Toy Story, probably because of the legs...

Poor Fred :(

Wes is not a furry :mad:

Talking meat ??? :mad:

He took out his tounge :eek:

The sun came back a while ago...

Ouch :eek:

He's been possessed by Jasmine :eek:

The military has better things to do...

See you later Angel...

Jasmine is enjoying this... :eek:

This is hell...

Next time: Connor looks for Cordy while Angel is in another dimension.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I like the design of that demon, but I found his ramblings a bit annoying I just did!:p

This is a weak episode for Gunn. He's just hitting out at people for no good reason (Angel and Fred).

Top Bottom