• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 5.07 "Lineage" - Aired 11/12/2003 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Cyborg assassins attack the offices of Wolfram and Hart for a magical device that will give them control of Angel. Wesley is surprised by the arrival of his estranged father, who has come to evaluate Wesley for possible reacceptance to the Watcher's Council.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Lurconis

Large Snake Demon
Just re-watched this episode. It is so amazing. Other than Buffy sacrificing herself at the end of season 5 I think it is the biggest display of love in the entire series. Wesley doesn't even let what he thinks is his dad finish his threat before he opens fire.

Side note is it ever said who sent the cyborgs?

SupportOGal
SupportOGal
I agree completely. I really loved this episode and that moment.
Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

SupportOGal

The Earth is doomed.
I am finally watching Angel for the first time all the way through (though I saw most of season 5 as it aired). I just had to come here and post pretty much what the above poster said.

Wes shooting his "father" with NO hesitation the second he threatened Fred was really moving. It made me love his character more than I already did. I actually found this to be one of the more powerful moments in the series, and it caught me off guard.

I don't think it ever says specifically who sent the cyborgs, but it is strongly implied that they are probably on the side of good, and think that Angel and Co. no longer are.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

Kana

Soulless human
I am finally watching Angel for the first time all the way through (though I saw most of season 5 as it aired). I just had to come here and post pretty much what the above poster said.

Wes shooting his "father" with NO hesitation the second he threatened Fred was really moving. It made me love his character more than I already did. I actually found this to be one of the more powerful moments in the series, and it caught me off guard.

I don't think it ever says specifically who sent the cyborgs, but it is strongly implied that they are probably on the side of good, and think that Angel and Co. no longer are.
I thought it was a great episode, but also a wasted opportunity. I would have loved to have seen more made of this mysterious organization.

Back to the episode, it's certainly interesting to note that Wes would die for Angel, but kill for Fred.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I really really love this ep! I agree with what's been said about the power of wes's love for fred. I think it's cute how after angel and spike try to make wes feel better by relating tales of how they killed their parents. Spike's especially. :) and Wes's, "he was going to hurt YOU" to fred.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I loved this episode. Firstly, like everyone has said, the fact that Wes shot his ''father'' to protect Fred was so heartfelt. I also really loved the fact that there seemed to be some complete closure between Angel and Wes over Wes taking Connor (not that Wes remembers doing that). The fact that Angel now seems to understand that Wesley is the one that makes the hard choices, with no thought to himself, was a very touching scene.

I loved Spike and Angel at the end trying to make Wes feel better by talking about how they killed their parents after they were turned into vamps. It was hilarious!

I really did enjoy this episode!

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Watching this one with [MENTION=8885]nightshade[/MENTION]. I just told her that I bet Wesley's father is quite the treat. Time will tell!

-Uh-oh, Wes, did you get yourself into trouble here??
-Hmm. Fred has gotten so sassy. Love it.
-Bad guys after bad guys? Or...weird ninja guys after bad guys...?
-Also, Wesley must spend many hours at the shooting range because his aim is uncanny.
-Ninja vs. Angel! Oh...electricity?? robots. interesting.
-Right shoulder isn't the wrost place to take a bullet, I suppose. Eep!
-Aw, Angel all protective of Fred.
-I do feel bad for Wesley, though. He must be feeling like crap over that.
-Ding, ding, ding! I think Eve hit the nail on the head about Angel not trusting Wes!
-Ah, so Fred wasn't shot, she was hooked. Still ouch.
-Awkward moment for Roger Windham Price to walk in...
-So he's a former Watcher?? Interesting. You would think the First would have gone after former Watchers as well. I wouldn't think Wesley would want to go back to The Council. I'm guessing his dad just wants his namesake cleared.
-Lorne and his timing. Always lovely.
-Yay, Gunn!! Glad he gets to wear suits more often. Mmm...
-Makes me wonder what Giles' dad is like.
-Spike talking about banging robots. Oh, goodness. "[It] happens more often than people think." And his inappropriate timing of breaking stuff. Heh.
-Hahahahaha. Spike meeting Price. Love it. "Oh. How've you been?" *walk away* That's the Spike I love.
-Would like to smack him for being rude to Angel. Good ol' Watchers Council, stupid as ever.
-Wow. Wesley's dad is a jerk. Not that I'm surprised.
-MORE AWESOME SPIKE! "Apparently, Percy here, when he was younger was known as HEAD BOY. I have nothing else to report."
-Good guy cyborgs? Interesting.
-Wes has a big heart then. Bringing animals back to life. :)
-"You going to try blowing me up again?" "Probably not."
-Father and son trying to have personal conversations. Awkward, but at least they kind of tried.
-Ninjas going to steal the books? Though odd that Price would be going on about the security of the books. Odd coiencidence.
-Eve and Spike. Heh.
-Power outage at W&H can't be a good thing.
-Yeah, Buffy through out the Council's basic rules a looong time ago, dude.
-GAH! I KNEW IT!!! The Council wants the books! Or maybe he's roque, I suppose.
-Ah, not the books. something else.
-Wesley is gonna kick some arse now!
-Those cyborgs are pretty creepy.
-And Spike lands a punch. BOOYAH!
-"Where the bloody hell is maintenace? I'll be honest, I don't even care." Loving Spike this episode.
-WHAT on EARTH is Price doing to Angel?!?!?!
-Making Angel their slave?? Ugh, The Council makes me sick.
-Yeah, that vampire has saved the world way more than the Council has ever done.
-Oh, my. Don't threaten Fred.
-Um...Daddy is a cyborg, too?? So, he didn't kill him. And not the Council.
-Angel talking about killing his dad. Heh.
-And more awesome Spike, trying to comfort Wes. Oh, wow.
[MENTION=8885]nightshade[/MENTION] had a good observation: We've seen more parents on AtS then on BtVS
-Poor Wesley with the unrequited love. :(
-And then his father being a jerk for real. :/

Good. Episode.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
GREAT ep,one of my favorite in the entire series. I second everything everyone else has mentioned about it. Wesley's love for fred,loyalty to Angel and of course the hilarious Angel and Spike trying desperately to relate to Wesley :D Also adore how Angel finally gained peaceful understanding about why Wesley abducted conner. Angel finally understood that Wesley will always do the right thing and protect those whom he loves dearly no matter what the personal costs might be :)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I miss the "previously on" thingy :(

Why is Wes here ??? o_O

Fred=muscle ??? o_O

Shoot him!!!

What the hell is that ??? o_O

They got Fred :(

Angel, it had to be done...

Eve... :rolleyes:

Fred doesn't need protection...:mad:

Wesley's dad :eek:

What's going on then ??? o_O

Wes, don't go back to the council...

Ouch :(

Lorne looks like he hasn't slept in a month...

Lorne, not now...

Gunn :eek:

Spike, don't remind people of that one time... :rolleyes:

Wesley's father is a pain in the ass...

Bomb :eek:

How did he do that ??? :eek:

He is so not entertained...

Fred, not funny...

Yes, Wes thinks a lot of Fred...

Wesley's father needs to leave, now...

More robots :eek:

Eve, you aren't innocent...

Oh, they are just stuck in the elevator...

It's much worse :eek:

Wes has a point, time is just getting more and more complicated...

She he's been sent there to kill Wes :eek:

Eww :eek:

Spike, keep her there, no one likes her...

Not Angel's soul :(

Wesley's father needs to shut up...

So the son kills the father...

It was a robot :eek:

Angel, Wes, you both need some rest...

Wes, you didn't kill your father...

Knok without a lab coat :eek:

Wes called home...

Next time: Spike isn't a ghost anymore.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Great episode. Maybe one of my favourites overall. It really shows the dark place Wes is in but also his true love for Fred. It was sort of machine like how he instantly shot his Dad but it was done with such love for Fred too.

The opening scene was really nicely done too. They cast Wes's Dad really well too. It was great to get into more of Wes's past.

Top Bottom