• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 5.09 "Harm's Way" - Aired 1/14/2004 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Keeping her job as Angel's assistant is the least of Harmony's worries when she wakes up with a dead vamp-bite victim in her bed and no memory of the previous night's events. And things go from bad to worse when the gang's investigation reveals that the dead guy was a demons' rights activist negotiating between two warring clans.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
I love love Harmony. Only when she's a vamp though. When human, she was just annoying. But as a vampire, she's hilarious! So Harmony episodes are always good for me.

I really really feel sorry for her in this episdoe. She's stuck in her persona, which nobody likes. What she was used to in high school, is all gone now. And she doesn't understand it, she can't escape it. It hurts me how everybody treats her. Especially Angel and Spike. I mean, she can't change the fact that she's a souless vampire. She's not good at it, so she tries being good. But she's not good at it either. So she's between worlds, just like Angel and Spike were in their not that far past. If someone should understand her, that's them.

H
Hale Caesar
Harmony rocks

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
This episode was so funny, I love Harmony and I was so happy she finally got her own episode. It was even better to finally give the viewers some insight on Harmony and the problems she was dealing with. We need more Harmony in the Buffyverse :D

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lol this ep (along with the Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco) are the thorns in my side from this season. I'm not a Harmony fan so obviously a Harmony centered episode is like torture to me :)

It does have some few giggle worthy moments though.

HisMrs
HisMrs
[No message]

zobothehobo

Scooby
I love Harmony and I feel for her so much in this episode. I wish we'd gotten an Angel season 6 so we could have further explored her character on a level like this episode.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I never thought I could feel sorry for Harmony. She was awful to people all through high school and then her personality comes across as very uncaring. This episode made me really sympathetic towards her. I mean really, she was just getting treated the same way she treated everyone else in high school. The fact that her actions are always done to help people, even though she messes it up everytime I thought was really sweet.

The episode was such a nice light episode and it was so funny. I loved it! I also think Harmony made a really good point when she says its a lot harder for her because she doesnt have a soul. She not only doesnt really fit in but she has to fight her own natural instincts aswell.

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
Lol this ep (along with the Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco) are the thorns in my side from this season. I'm not a Harmony fan so obviously a Harmony centered episode is like torture to me :)

It does have some few giggle worthy moments though.
Totally agree... I groan when I come to this episode in rewatches; Vampire Harmony is definitely not one of my favorite characters.

Joshua

Huge Spuffy Fan!
This episode was on TNT this morning my favorite centric episodes and my fave of Season 5!

Oshawott

Water-type
I love this episode. It's hilarious, but it also makes me sympathize with Harmony to the point of wanting her to get a soul. Actually, could we have had that? Willow giving Harmony her soul? Then we could have, in addition to the Angel and Spike rivalry, Harmony in the race to get the shanshau! Heh, maybe not. Point is, Harmony-central episodes are cool.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
Harmony with a soul or without, I think she'd be exactly the same :) There's not much difference between her in High School and then at W&H, the only thing that's changed its her diet :)

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Yay, a Harmony-centric ep! Always delightful.

-Interesting promo for W&H...and Angel is so awkward. Love him.
-UGH! Worst alarm sound in the world!!
-Harmony as a vampire is so hilarious. The mirror and then vamping out to brush her teeth. Heehee.
-Wow, that is one froo froo outfit. But it's Harmony, I suppose.
-Sad, why does everyone shun her at work?? And rules?? Isn't there a rule about not leaving your items in the microwave and walking away...?
-Poor harm. Being an admin assistant is actually quite daunting. You do a lot of work, get no credit, and when something goes wrong it's your fault whether it is or isn't.
-Pink slips are pretty harsh around that joint.
-Zero tolerance on murder policy. Probably a good plan.
-I actually hope Spike leaves. Goodness.
-Fork faux pas. Don't make those.
-Fred looks so pretty in aqua!!
-A camel?? Oh, my.
-awww, Harmony needs hugs. :( And Fred time! Cute.
-Harmony is asking for guy tips from Fred?? Interesting. And Harmony is so awkward. Hahah.
-Love how she has to peek under the covers. Heh.
-0_0 Bite marks. Not good.
-Lemon drops are evil.
-The cops call Angel when there's a body found? Interesting. Oh, they own the police. Of course.
-The whore man!!! HAHAHAHAHA
-Oddly I really hope Harmony didn't actually kill the guy.
-No, Fred. No Dixie Chicks.
-Heh. She's just going to keep shoving bodies in closets. Sweet.
-"He's not a helper! He's a chopper!"
-Harmony getting framed by a secretary. Heh. Also, chopstick fight!!
-And Harmony saves the day! WOO!
-Return of Spike. And he makes Harm feel better. Awww.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
Not to poop on the party, while I like Harmony and this episode, in hindsight I think this is an episode we could have done without. The entire season feels rushed. Of course, at this stage of the game no one knew the show would not be renewed so that would only be true in hindsight.:oops:

Charmander

Potential
Aw poor Harmony. This episode kind of ruins things because every time I rewatch I feel bad for her every time someone makes a backhanded comment to her. I know she's a bit of a two-dimensional character but like she said, it's a lot harder for her to do things without a soul, and she doesn't get any kind of appreciation for it.

PreferSpike

Townie
I want to like Harmony, and I did feel for her in this episode, but I also find her incredibly annoying. I think that's the point.

Angel in the commercial was funny. I'm not much of an Angel fan but his awkwardness was great.

What the heck with the Spike storyline? No way he stays there. Three months or not, he'd be off to see Buffy. He isn't afraid to be a fool for love. I get that they needed a reason to keep him there but couldn't they come up with something better? He wants to do good, he knows it's not the time for him and Buffy, something. I didn't like that he chose not to see the woman he loves because he'd look like less of a hero.

Fred was sad that he was leaving. Awww, those two are cute.

Out for a walk

5 Words Or Less...
Harmony is one of my favorite vampires. She is hilarious and such a great character. I am glad she got an episode focused around her.

The bodies piling up in the closet was hilarious.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Harmony is one of my favorite vampires. She is hilarious and such a great character. I am glad she got an episode focused around her.

The bodies piling up in the closet was hilarious.
She's just so entertaining and hilariously stupid. "I'm a right biter" is classic. And I really appreciate that they devoted an episode to her. It's also cool that she's in Angel season 5 and then the series finale because she's the only character in the Buffy unaired pilot and the angel finale.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I love this episode. I feel so sorry for Harmony. I could not believe anyone could treat Harmony worse than Spike, but mopey misanthrope Angel really takes the cake.

I am a little annoyed by the reality story-line in the comics. I want to see Harmony with the "good guys".

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
W&H commercial :p

Harmony still sleeps at night ??? :eek:

Ouch :eek:

No one likes Harmony, not surprising...

Harmony is better at managing times than me, guess she isn't as dumb as I thought she was...

Harmony, stop being a hypocrite...:rolleyes:

Spike, don't leave :(

I kind of ship Spred, way better chemistry than Spuffy...

Glad that Wes is back though :)

Gossip, I don't like gossip...

A camel :eek:

Harmony, TMI... :rolleyes:

Poor Harmony :( (This is a first...)

Harmony, this is not bonding...

Harmony, you were a drone who spent her time following Cordy...

Gal pal, makes me cringe...

Harmony, small talk is quite easy, you have not mastered it...

Harmony slept with a guy that isn't Spike :eek:

and she killed him :eek:

Crapola, I'm adding that to my list of alternatives for swear words.

Angel, you can get your own cup of blood...

Harmony, do that in private please...

Ouch :eek:

His eyes are moving :eek:

Harmony, tell her...

Harmony, you are fired...

So vampires have side biting preferences just like we humans have preferred sides ???

This is going to get ugly...

Harmony is not in the in crowd...:rolleyes:

She is worse than Harmony...

Angel is unimpressed.

Spike :eek:

Harmony matters :eek:

Next time: Angel has nightmares.

Top Bottom