• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 5.12 "You're Welcome" - Aired 2/4/2004 (WB-US)

Flannen

Flannix
Cordelia wakes up from her coma and is shocked and unhappy to discover that Angel and the gang are no longer fighting Wolfram & Hart, they're running it. When she realizes that Angel has lost his conviction to be a hero, she gives him the information and support he needs to get back on track. Meanwhile, while Angel has security keeping an eye on Eve, her partner "Doyle" prepares to bring about Angel's demise.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
The last episode with my favorite character from the Buffyverse. It was sad to see Cordelia leave the way she did, and while I did appreciate this episode, I felt Cordelia deserved more. I know pretty much everybody will agree with me that Cordelia should have been in season 5 and she needed to be beside Angel and the others in the final scene of "Not Fade Away".

This episode was still great though, getting Angel back on his mission statement gave her a good reason to come back. I wanted more, but i'm not upset with how things ended :p

chasesummers
chasesummers
[No message]
Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
[No message]

zobothehobo

Scooby
I actually really don't like this episode. I don't very much like Lindsey and so the Angel Lindsey fight was not too exciting for me... I don't very much like Cordy at this point in the series so seeing her wasn't too exciting for me... And I honestly didn't very much care about her death. This is an "eh" episode to me. I don't mind it, and it's a well written and acted episode... but it's not one of my favorites or up towards the top by any means.

Dagenspear

Scooby
I actually really don't like this episode. I don't very much like Lindsey and so the Angel Lindsey fight was not too exciting for me... I don't very much like Cordy at this point in the series so seeing her wasn't too exciting for me... And I honestly didn't very much care about her death. This is an "eh" episode to me. I don't mind it, and it's a well written and acted episode... but it's not one of my favorites or up towards the top by any means.
Why don't you like Cordelia at this point?

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

I LOVE this episode so much! To me, it's almost a completely perfect episode! Cordelia! Lindsey! A callback to Doyle! CANGEL KISS! WOO HOO!!! EVERYTHING A GREAT EPISODE SHOULD HAVE! The only way this possibly could've been any more perfect is if Cordy had lived!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I really like that Cordy ''woke up'' when Angel said he was quitting W&H. It was very believeable that The Powers could, after Angel made the right choice, send back his original link to humanity.

I miss Gunn, this corrupt Gunn is just no fun. I love Cordy's reaction to seeing everyone in W&H. She's the audiences perspective almost, like if someone hadnt seen a series and the last time they watched it Angel was fighting W&H to suddenly come back to an episode and be like ''What the hell''. I do like that Connor was brought up.

I loved Cordy's comment to Eve ''I didnt ask.'' I so missed her! I also loved Harmony torturing Eve!

I thought we saw a little bit of the old Gunn when he made his comment about joining Angel in his fight with Lindsey. I wasnt that impressed with the fight though or the Cangel scene, even if it was sad, it lacked the Bangelness of Becoming or IWRY.

I've listened to the commentary by David Fury, Christian Kane and Sarah Thompson.

The reason we dont see Angel actually kick in the door in the opening scene is because David is still recovering from knee surgery. David was moving around a lot more than he should have been.

David Fury was writting the teaser before he knew what the actual episode was going to be about. The only thing he did know was that Charisma would be back and it would be the confrontation between Lindsey and Angel. Christian originally thought that the show down would be between Lindsey and Spike.

The scene in the office shows that Gunn is more attached to W&H than anybody else, he values what he is now and he's more than he used to be and he's not as eager to give it up as the rest of them.

There was a scene that was cut of Wes and Angel driving to the hospital and it was supposed to show them talking about how they were going to cover up the fact that they worked for W&H from Cordy because they thought they would find her in bed and not ready to move around.

It was difficult to shoot in the hospital room because it was so small. David Fury readlly enjoyed working with Charisma again. He hadnt really done much with her since Buffy. He wrote the Disharmony episode in season 2.

The Doyle references were all very emotional for Charisma, David and Christian.

The challenge that they had was that Cordy and Angel had a verging romantic relationship and the Cordy in season 4 was never really her, so they had to address the feelings that they had from season 3 and disregard what was said in season 4. Their scenes were to reminds us that they could have been something. Some fans had problems with them getting together and the writers did keep them apart but some people were also moved by the idea that these 2 people who grew to be friends also thought that there might be more.

The Wes and Cordy scene was fun to film because it was the opposite dynamic of the Angel/Cordy scene. These two had a romantic interest on Buffy and then changed on Angel to become very good friends and their still important to each other.

They wanted to look into were Lindsey had aquired his powers from and his journey but there wasnt time.

The last scene between Cordy and Angel had to be shot a few times because Charisma couldnt stop crying.

kloom5

Townie
From the very beginning, I reaaaally disliked the Cordelia/Angel romance storyline. I just didn't buy it that Angel could ever see Cordelia as more than a great friend. I wish they had just continued their platonic intimacy, and that she could have remained in the whole series. I think mostly I couldn't imagine him ever loving anyone more than he loved Buffy. Wasn't that the whole point of their story?? The way he talked about Cordelia, you would have thought he had completely forgotten Buffy! I couldn't get the thought out of my mind, for all 5 seasons.

That being said, I was glad that Cordelia came back and steered Angel back on track. She was the same character she had been in the beginning, and it was so right for her to be the central figure. I just didn't buy their love story.

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
Cordelia comes back, eh?? Hopefully the "original" Cordy from this series. S4 Cordy was terrible. :/

-Well, whoever lived there must be dead since Angel could waltz in. Nevermind, a church. :(
-Angel quit? This ep escalated quickly...
-Gunn has a point. I always wonder what would happen if they all tried to quit W&H.
-It's weird hearing Angel say Cordelia's name.
-So...Jasmine took over Cordy's mind/body and birthed herself. Huh.
-Cordy all skittish about being in W&H. Heh.
-Ut-oh, Cordelia remembers Connor? Awkward. And reuniting with Harmony. Heehee
-"When Higher Powers send you coma visions, you better pay attention."
-Cordelia vs. Eve. Nice. And Cordy saw what you're up to, Evie.
-Spike playing N64!!!! LOVE IT!!! And him yelling at the TV.
-Awww, Doyle. :( The days when things were simpler.
-Glad Cordelia is back to put Angel in his place.
-"I am lost without you." Meh!
-Awww, Cordelia still love Angel...
-Ah, so Lindsey is bitter that he didn't get to take over Hell, Inc.
-Yeeeah, Wesley shouldn't say "kickin' it old school"
-Lilah :(
-Erm, Spike, you can't eat Cordelia. Loved her mocking his hair, though. Also, why would he use biting her in the hallway of W&H as the means of killing her?? Seems like a rather dumb move.
-"I'm evil? You just bit me!" "Did you just call me a tit?" "I thought he had a soul" "I thought she didn't!" Ok, that was all amusing for me.
-"You called me a hero?" "I didn't know you were eating people!"
-The look on Angel and Cordelia's faces when Spike said "Doyle".
-LOVE Cordelia smacking down Eve!
-Lindsey trying to make everything go kaboom?
-Cordelia's face when Angel won't torture Eve. HAHAHAHAHA. So let Harmony do it!!
-The Fang Gang knows what's up. Nice.
-"Harmony, guard Eve. She moves, eat her." Love it.
-Zombie security guards. Go Spike!
-Oh, Lindsey can fight now. Still going to lose, tattoo boy.
-Uh, guys, work that mojo a little faster now please!
-"Because you know what? I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys." YES!
-Why would Eve want to plot revenge against Angel? She started it!
-Yay, group drinks!!
-She can't stay?!?!
-I want to go hug a pillow now. That ending was both great and terrible at the same time. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
Just viewed this episode though I've not bothered with the rest of the season purely for Cordelia.
In her first scene when Angel and Wesley enter her hospital room and the first thing she does is to close the curtain around an unconscious body in the bed while making a joke about it, right away I suspected that it was her own, that she might have been a ghost. When Angel receives the phone call at the end that she'd passed away, it was clarified that it probably was her body she was covering up. She did do it pretty quickly as if wanting to keep the guys from seeing it.

For two reasons however that didn't seem to add up:
1.) Who then had made the phone call to Angel that Cordelia had woken up? Did the PTB pose as the hospital?
2.) How she was corporeal (the other characters could touch her and vise versa). That was probably the work of PTB though, they can pretty much do anything right?

The overall concept was beautiful, that with her last bit of life she was able to send her spirit out to save the man she loves. Not just his physical life but morally; a ghost of Angel Inc. past, present and future of sorts all rolled into one. The powerful way she reminded us of Doyle, even brought his face, his voice and the bond between the original team back to our screens touched me.
"I wanna know who the hell has the nerve to use that name!" was an amazing line.
Their last kiss in the end was by far the best part. What can I say? I'm a sucker for mush and of course a Cordangel fan throughout most of the series.
@kloom5
It was the Buffy/Angel relationship I didn't really buy, it had a lot of Twilight atmosphere, was rushed and had no depth. The bond between Angel and Cordelia was more real, stronger and deeper. He'd grown her into the strong, self sufficient and mature woman she'd become and she'd understood him more than anyone, including Buffy. She always knew how to set his ass straight when he'd brood including how she did it in this episode.
Consider this, he left Buffy but never Cordelia. He'd told her in this episode that he'd been lost without her, something he never told Buffy unless my memory is failing me. So who again did he really love?
Personally I think it was healthy of him to move on from Buffy.

Alright back to this episode, honestly once they'd started the deceptive dialogue where she was just going to take off, I'd found a bit of relief in the revelation that she'd died. The notion that she was alive and well but didn't want to stay with Team Angel kind of annoyed me and was out of character. The season three episode 'Birthday' proves that she wouldn't trade her life with them for anything.

Here are the points I didn't like.
Cordelia's reintroduction into Team Angel did feel a bit fake mostly because it was rushed. This might have been intentional however to hint at her not actually being there or that it was her final task with them. There was an element to the Angel/Lindsey fight that was eh for me, perhaps it was the fact that I knew he wasn't going to die at that point having watched Lorne send a bullet through him on Youtube or perhaps that it's old news but I do like him as a baddie. He's a very well done character with interesting layers.
What annoyed me the most though was:
"That's the guy I fell in--the guy I knew. My friend."
GAH! At the cut off point before 'the guy I knew' my mind was shouting 'SAY IT, COME ON CORDY SAY IT DAMMIT!'
I was reminded of Angel's similar moment in season 4:
"She's still the woman I--"
Why could they never say it?! How could she not say it now when she seemingly knew it was her last chance! Though the kiss pleased me, they needed to part with those words!

Overall a relieving episode. I appreciate Cordelia's character being given this proper and peaceful closure after how Jasmine had destroyed her. It was amazingly both heart breaking and heart warming at the same time. It's nice that our last memory of her doesn't have to be of her in a coma almost being blown to pieces by Connor.

white avenger

white avenger
It was nice to see the REAL Cordy again, instead of the overweight blond page boy cut parody that we saw the Season before, and it really would have been great if she could have stayed for at least a few episodes.

But did they just HAVE to drag that stupid Doyle video out again? Get over it, folks, the guy is dead. Find something else to talk about.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
It was nice to see the REAL Cordy again, instead of the overweight blond page boy cut parody that we saw the Season before, and it really would have been great if she could have stayed for at least a few episodes.

But did they just HAVE to drag that stupid Doyle video out again? Get over it, folks, the guy is dead. Find something else to talk about.
Wow, this comment is quite rude.
First of all Cordelia was not overweight in the 4th season, she and Charisma in real life were pregnant and Doyle hasn't really been discussed since he died. Not unless it had to do with the visions. When someone close to you dies, they don't stop being important and it's normal to remind yourself of their face, voice etc every now and then. Bringing up Doyle was significant to this episode because Cordelia was trying to remind Angel where they begun because he'd been corrupted by his job with Wolfrum & Hart.

Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
[No message]
Charmander
Charmander
[No message]

white avenger

white avenger
Wow, this comment is quite rude.
First of all Cordelia was not overweight in the 4th season, she and Charisma in real life were pregnant and Doyle hasn't really been discussed since he died. Not unless it had to do with the visions. When someone close to you dies, they don't stop being important and it's normal to remind yourself of their face, voice etc every now and then. Bringing up Doyle was significant to this episode because Cordelia was trying to remind Angel where they begun because he'd been corrupted by his job with Wolfrum & Hart.
First of all, I was talking about the the "real" Cordelia as opposed to the Jasmine/Cordelia one, and I know that Charisma was pregnant during Season 4, but I also know that, in order for her pregnancy to not be so obvious prior to when she was actually supposed to be pregnant on the show, they dressed her in clothes that looked like circus tents, which made her look a lot more overweight than Charisma actually was. As for her hair style and color, I'm sorry that you find it somehow rude for me not to like it, but you and I will both just have to live with that difference of opinion.

And as for the mention of Doyle, he seems to be the only character in the whole Whedonverse who isn't actually allowed to die and stay dead whose image they keep dragging out. The closest is Willow talking about or referring to Tara in Season 7, but her death was relatively recent. Nobody cries about Jesse even by the end of Season 1 of "Buffy," and he was supposed to be Xander and Willow's closest friend since kindergarten. And, yes, Doyle has been discussed since he died, but only when they drag out that video, and Cordy's comment is always, "Oh, I miss him so much," when they weren't all that close in the first place. I would find it much more realistic, as well as healthy, if they would have occasionally brought up a happy memory of him or made a joke about something that he had done or an experience that they had shared.

And no one has to tell me how it feels to lose someone close to you. At 67, I've become rather familiar with the feeling. I never stop missing them, but I have learned that it's far better to rejoice in their lives that to weep over their deaths.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
First of all, I was talking about the the "real" Cordelia as opposed to the Jasmine/Cordelia one, and I know that Charisma was pregnant during Season 4, but I also know that, in order for her pregnancy to not be so obvious prior to when she was actually supposed to be pregnant on the show, they dressed her in clothes that looked like circus tents, which made her look a lot more overweight than Charisma actually was. As for her hair style and color, I'm sorry that you find it somehow rude for me not to like it, but you and I will both just have to live with that difference of opinion.
My mistake then, It's been a while since I watched it. I just remember hating her haircut when she came back from her vacation with Groo and the whole Groo thing in general when she was clearly falling for Angel...oh but that was season 3 huh?

And as for the mention of Doyle, he seems to be the only character in the whole Whedonverse who isn't actually allowed to die and stay dead whose image they keep dragging out. The closest is Willow talking about or referring to Tara in Season 7, but her death was relatively recent. Nobody cries about Jesse even by the end of Season 1 of "Buffy," and he was supposed to be Xander and Willow's closest friend since kindergarten. And, yes, Doyle has been discussed since he died, but only when they drag out that video, and Cordy's comment is always, "Oh, I miss him so much," when they weren't all that close in the first place. I would find it much more realistic, as well as healthy, if they would have occasionally brought up a happy memory of him or made a joke about something that he had done or an experience that they had shared.
Interesting point. I have gotten an awkward feeling before from Cordy bringing him up as someone valuable to her when she didn't much like him right up until that last moment.
All the extra attention might be because the actor died of an overdose shortly after the character *shrug*.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
(first of all can the above post please be deleted, I can't because of the really annoying edit window on this forum)

White Avenger said:

And no one has to tell me how it feels to lose someone close to you. At 67, I've become rather familiar with the feeling. I never stop missing them, but I have learned that it's far better to rejoice in their lives that to weep over their deaths.
My mistake, I've just realized that most of what I remember of the 4th season was the Jasmine crap but appearance wise I remember how I could not stand her hair when she came back from her vacation with Groo in season three.

Having the REAL Cordelia come back was indeed wonderful especially because it might have only happened that way due to it being the 100th episode. Joss had wanted Buffy to show up, though I'm unsure if it was supposed to be instead of Cordelia or along side her. SMG however refused the appearance for personal reasons. Thanks for that SMG, even if it was meant to be both characters which it probably was and I'm going to get to that in a second, this was rightfully Cordelia's spotlight. We didn't need Buffy challenging that.

It probably was meant to be both because as a 100th episode celebration, he'd wanted as many of the original Angel cast as possible which explains the Doyle tape as well as reintroducing Lindsey a baddie.
Another thing about the Doyle references though not just here but throughout the series might be because the actor passed away of an overdose shortly after the character was killed. I'll admit though that it did seem a bit odd to me sometimes how Cordelia would bring him up as someone valuable to her when she was never shown really liking him up until that last moment.

Last edited:

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think Doyle being brought up was more to do with him being the one to start both Angel and Cordelia on the journey, he was the one that showed Angel that he could do good in the world after he left Buffy, he left Cordelia the visions that made her the person she became.

Cordy_Chase
Cordy_Chase
[No message]

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
I think Doyle being brought up was more to do with him being the one to start both Angel and Cordelia on the journey, he was the one that showed Angel that he could do good in the world after he left Buffy, he left Cordelia the visions that made her the person she became.
Well Skip said the vision transfer was a "Cosmic Whoops" not meant to have happened but after the Jasmine crap I stopped trusting him and after re-watching 'Birthday' a couple of nights ago am completely convinced that he was lying about that.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Something has been on my mind about this episode. We're made to assume Cordelia was there the whole time as a ghost so how did Spike not notice the lack of blood flow when he bit into her? Didn't he have her for a good several seconds before Angel came to the rescue? He should have noticed something off right?

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Something has been on my mind about this episode. We're made to assume Cordelia was there the whole time as a ghost so how did Spike not notice the lack of blood flow when he bit into her? Didn't he have her for a good several seconds before Angel came to the rescue? He should have noticed something off right?
They probably purposely wrote the episode in a way that the characters won't notice anything strange (Like with "Who Are You" and "Intervention" of BtVS).

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
They probably purposely wrote the episode in a way that the characters won't notice anything strange (Like with "Who Are You" and "Intervention" of BtVS).
Good suggestion, the PTB probably cloaked the senses of everyone around her to not notice anything off about her, plus writing wise the viewer wasn't supposed to know until the revelation at the end.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
I'd like to completely rewrite my episode review. I'd delete every single one of my previous posts here, but that's unfortunately included in the edit time limit. Indeed, it's an annoying habit of mine, even I don't like it, but that's how I am as a writer, a bit of a perfectionist.
I know it should be a given here, but I thought I'd better warn you that I'm going to be revealing HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD!

For anyone who is a fan of Cordelia, this was a crushing episode but in a beautiful way. After spending almost a year in a coma, she returns to the team one last time to remind Angel of why he fights, a request I believe she made knowing that it meant giving up that thin thread of life her body was holding on by. That's how I read "The powers that be owed me one" and we see in 'Birthday' that she'd do absolutely anything for him.
The video of Doyle almost gave it a Dickens feel; Doyle representing the past and Cordelia the present and future which was really well done and reaching.

The plot twist that Cordelia had been a ghost the whole time was slightly given away by what she does when Angel and Wesley arrive at the hospital, at least it instantly steered my thoughts in that direction but at the same time the final scene had me thinking she was just randomly quitting the team and that was pissing off to the point where the revelation that she was dead was almost a relief. So it was still subtle enough to keep you wondering. Her re-introduction felt rushed and wasn't entirely believable, but when you find out that plot twist at the end it all comes together and makes sense.

That final scene deserved an Emmy, for script and for Charisma and David as best actor/actress. You can feel how hard it was for Angel to accept even the idea of letting Cordy go just in his face, his eyes and for her to leave him though she was clearly at peace with her death (another piece of evidence that she's chosen to make that visit). I was on the verge of crying.

I appreciate the proper closure for Cordelia's character after the whole Jasmine arc had destroyed her before even putting her in the coma and that Connor nearly blowing her up didn't have to be our (unsettling) last memory of her. Actually that one line in the hospital:
"Maternal instincts aside, I hope you kicked its ass" by itself completely redeemed her for me (though I'm pretty sure there was some manipulation in her decision to take that higher being gig).

Now let's look at the couple of things that bugged me.
Every piece of evidence that contradicted Cordelia being a ghost (Ex. Spike attacking her and not noticing that she doesn't have a blood flow and the fact that she's corporeal) can be explained by assuming the PTB had cloaked her or those around her with a spell that would make her condition unnoticeable, but there is one thing that still doesn't add up; the phone call informing Angel that she'd awakened. The hospital couldn't have actually made that call because it's implied in the last moment of the episode that she never woke. Did the PTB maybe pose as a hospital staff member or manipulate an actual staff member to make the call? I assume they can do just about anything, so they could do something like that right?

The second thing is in the beginning during the "I am lost without you" conversation between Angel and Cordelia when she offers him a hint as to the man he was and needed to be again.
"That's the man that I fell in--that I knew."
During that long pause between her transitioning the sentence away from it's original direction I was sitting there going 'Say it, come on! Damn it Cordy say it!' She knew that was her last day with him, that she'd never get another chance and yet she never told him that she was in love with him. WHY?! That was very frustrating for me to watch. I just...I...I don't understand why she chose to take it to her grave.
I guess you could say she did end up saying it, just not in words, when she kissed him in the end, but I still would have liked to hear the words, from both of them.
This is something I know most folks here won't see as I do since I'm the only Cangel shipper here, at least that I know of. So let me just say that as someone who sat on the edge of their seat absorbing every aspect of their strong bond and every ounce of the teasing moments that looked like they were going to get together only to be let down by a revelation that it was never real, this pretty much takes the cake.

Overall, a beautiful episode that leaves you satisfied with Cordelia's character being ended, a perfect farewell.

Interesting Tidbits:
*Since this was the 100th episode of the series Whedon wanted to reunite the original cast, hence Cordelia, Lindsey and the video of and references to Doyle.
*David Boreanaz apparently had a knee injury which made it difficult for him to get around during the shooting of this episode, but it is unnoticeable the entire time.
*When Whedon learned that Christian Kane had recently undergone sword fighting training he decided to incorporate that into the character of Lindsey in this episode, hence the climatic sword fight between Lindsey and Angel.
*Whedon had originally intended for Buffy to have a guest role in this episode (details unknown) but SMG declined to appear for "personal reasons". Personally, I like to think that she'd wanted to respect that this was meant to be Charisma's/Cordelia's spotlight and wanted to stay out of the way. If this is the case than that was a very admirable move and I'm grateful to her. I'm sorry, but Buffy didn't belong in this episode. She would have just brought a lot of clutter to the story line.
*There was a scene intended between Angel and Wesley during their drive to the hospital after receiving the phone call that Cordy had awakened. They discuss having assumed by this point that for her to remain in a coma for almost a year she'd have to be "a near vegetable" but the scene was scrapped apparently before it was even shot.

The sword fight, DB's Knee injury and the deleted scene tidbits found here: http://www.angel-us.com/episodes/season5/yourewelcome.php
(Please note that I used the word "apparently" multiple times in the tidbit descriptions to indicate that I am taking this source with a grain of salt, as I do any).

Last edited:

Charmander

Potential
I don't really understand the complaints about the Doyle references. Unless they were extremely subtle, I don't recall there being that many. It's touching for this episode because like others have said it was a way to finalise the story of the original trio. Okay, Lindsey chose to disguise himself using the name 'Doyle' but he only came back a few episodes ago.

I love the scene where Spike thinks Cordy is evil and bites her neck, and then calls Angel a tit. :D Oh I wish they had more scenes together on this show.

I enjoyed Lindsey's return but at the same time I preferred the way he went out in S2 having redeemed himself with Angel and not gone out in such a silly way like he did here.

Well that was as heartbreaking as I expected it to be, and definitely my favourite episode of the season so far. Cordy strangely seemed to fit in the W&H environment better than any of the others. Her character finally ended in a way that she deserved to, but I can't help but be disappointed that she was killed off at all. I'm not sure exactly what the circumstances were like, but I gather that Charisma did express interest in coming back. I think it would've worked better if she'd just woken from her coma and returned as a normal part of the group.

I seem to be more in the minority here, but I enjoyed their kiss at the end. I do agree that their friendship defines their relationship more than romance, but I did see chemistry between them. I'm a little biased because I find the Bangel romance very generic, and all-in-all just a high school romance that both of them could have moved on from in time. And yeah,if it's the case that SMG was invited back for this episode, then I think Buffy's presence would've taken attention away from Cordelia, though it would have been nice for her to say her final goodbyes to her.

Top Bottom