• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 5.14 "Crush" - Aired 2/13/01 (WB-US)

Btvs fan

Potential
How does anyone feel bad for Spike? he's one of my favourite characters but he's literally a soulless vampire with an obsession with her.
Same way I feel for Faith even when she is doing awful things. The actors bring sympathy to the roles.

At the start of the episode though they don't know that and he's just trying to fit in. As he says to Buffy he was right there fighting the fight.
Anyas mocking you may have hurt his feelings is pretty nasty considering how she felt she'd been treated only a couple of episodes ago

Lol Buffy brings him up at her house and goes right to him when she thinks Dawn is missing too

G
genghiskhan
Yeah I'm not very good at being sympathetic

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Same way I feel for Faith even when she is doing awful things. The actors bring sympathy to the roles.
I also think the reason why Spike gets so much sympathy from fans(on occasion, more than he should) is because the other characters treat him so awfully. I've said it before, but there is no reason whatsoever why the scoobies can't treat Spike civilly. They don't have to like him and that's their right, but given that he's a scooby team member who fights alongside them and helps them out, at the very least be civil. Manners cost nothing.

On the flipside, this is why I think Xander gets so much hate from the fans. There are times when he is in the wrong yet the other characters don't bat an eyelid. It's kind of like fans are picking up the slack for the characters.

Btvs fan

Potential
I also think the reason why Spike gets so much sympathy from fans(on occasion, more than he should) is because the other characters treat him so awfully. I've said it before, but there is no reason whatsoever why the scoobies can't treat Spike civilly. They don't have to like him and that's their right, but given that he's a scooby team member who fights alongside them and helps them out, at the very least be civil. Manners cost nothing.

On the flipside, this is why I think Xander gets so much hate from the fans. There are times when he is in the wrong yet the other characters don't bat an eyelid. It's kind of like fans are picking up the slack for the characters.
Agree. Hmm I wonder, is the Scoobies treatment of him, the writers insert view of Spike and how they view him. Basically they just saw him a comedy foil to have for insulting quips with and that's it 🤔

Top Bottom