• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 7.03 "Same Time, Same Place" - Aired 10/8/02 (UPN-US)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Though they seem to be in the same places at the same time, Buffy, Xander and Dawn are unable to find Willow when she returns from England. Shortly after returning to Sunnydale, Willow is captured by a demon who enjoys eating the skin of his victims.
Source: TV.com

Discuss this episode here!

I'm re-watching season seven and I'm pretty sure this is one of the creepiest episodes in the series.

Allll alone, are you frightened to be all alone?

xfivebyfive

Because its Fate.
Black Thorn
I adore this episode it is one of if not my favorite from s7 its very high up, it could be just because I love Willow centric episodes.

The Gnarl is a very creepy demon.

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
This is one of my all-time favorite episodes and with "Chosen" my favorite Season 7 episode.

It's interesting and creepy. The Scoobies always have the thought in the back of their minds that Willow skinned the guy at the site, because of what happened in Season 6.
They haven't forgotten what Willow did and how strong she was and they're still afraid of her.
The scenes where they are in the same place, but don't see each other are well thought out and really cool.

I'd give this episode 9.5 of 10....

Username

Scooby
This episode is one of my favorites of the season. Episodes that are mainly about Willow usually are.

I love Xander's pale sign in the beginning, he's so sweet. :)

BuffangelLovE

Potential
This episode was very depressing and scary - almost the embodiment of my own greatest fear. That is why I find it very difficult to watch the episode at all. Gnarl was ...ugh *shakes-in-disgust*... terrifying. I felt very sorry for Willow and therefore really glad when she was saved in time.

The Unspoken

Champion of the underdogs
I adore this episode it is one of if not my favorite from s7 its very high up, it could be just because I love Willow centric episodes.

The Gnarl is a very creepy demon.
Like Anya said, it's just 'Gnarl', lol. And yeah, it's really one of the most awesome monsters in the Buffyverse.

I also really like the invisibility as a metaphor and Buffy and Willow meditating together (and reconnecting) is just all kinds of awesome

My only criticism is that it's a little too convenient that a skin-flaying monster appears just as Willow comes back, especially because the episode before featured a similar situation, when the phrase 'From beneath you it devours' was misinterpreted - Anya just so happened to have turned a guy into a giant worm at that time.

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
Everytime I lose something or can't find something, I find myself saying: "Gone all gone what a pretty song". Silly me :)

I love Anya and Willow talk outside of the Magic Box, for Anya's lines!
And Anya's "I don't have money" when Willow says she needs Anya to help her. Anya is simply adorable and hilarious in this episode.

Z
zobothehobo
I sing too
Anya2012
Anya2012
[No message]

zobothehobo

Scooby
Gnarl was beastly awesome. I love the clicking with the fingernails he did. And it's all so creepy. I LOVE the Willow/Spike/Buffy and Xander conversation.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I absolutely cannot watch when Gnarl peels off her skin & eats it- I seriously turn my entire head it grosses me out so much! While he's one of the scariest demons in the Buffyverse, Gnarl is so obviously a Gollum rip-off.

Love the witty scene when Xander, Dawn & Buffy are walking in the woods. I'm liking Dawn a lot more in season 7. I'm so glad Willow's back, though, I was getting sad about it just being the 3 of them- crazy Spike wasn't being exactly helpful LOL.

The ending is really touching. I always think of this scene when I see the Jo Chen cover from season 8 Retreat pt 3: http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/downloads/desktops/buffy228/buffy228_sm.jpg

A
Appelsapientje
I also couldn't watch when Gnarl ate her skin. I felt a bit sick when that happened.
Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
This is one of my favorite episodes ever, the writers really showed their genius and skill. The conversation with Spike and Willow and Spike and Buffy/Xander was awesome. Anya is great in this episode too.

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
I loved this episode. Season 7 was really very good when it focussed solely on the main characters like this. It's a shame all the stuff we see here just gets pushed into the background later on to make room for everything else.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
i know right.it sucks
"Button, button, who's got the button? My money's on the witch."

Love that. I love that it's about Willow and how awful she feels, but I still hate what they've done to Willow in this season. It takes her from a girl I identified with SO much to someone I would HATE being.

And I also love Xander's sign. It's adorable and it's a shame Willow never saw it.

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I'm re-watching season seven and I'm pretty sure this is one of the creepiest episodes in the series.

Allll alone, are you frightened to be all alone?
I'm doing a Buffy re-watch and just rewatched this episode. Gnarl is the first demon that's creeped me out since The Gentlemen.

" Are you a tasty little gifty?."

" Gnarl loves spells! He keeps them as pets."

" Red's been a bad girl!"

" Button button, who's got the button? My money's on the witch!"

Anya: " It did get a little sexy didn't it?"
Willow starts to flirt a bit. LOL.

zobothehobo

Scooby
So I'm re-watching and am on this episode and I just remembered something that bothers me. It bothers me very much. Why are the Scoobies at the gate in the airport in the beginning. That's impossible. To get to the gate you have to go through basically hours of security scanning and have your boarding pass and ticket. This is a general thing that bothers me in basically every movie and TV show that shows and airport ever. That's wrong. I mean they could have done the exact same thing at the baggage claim (which would have been correct). Have all of the bags be taken off the thing-a-ma-jig but Willow not be there. It's annoying for things done before 9/11/01... But it pisses me off beyond belief for things done after. I mean come on!

Doppelgang

Always Believe
I really liked concept of this episode as a way for Willow to come back into the group. It was always going to be difficult after what happened at the end of season 6 and with her going away to england to sort out her magic problem with giles, and this happening the way it did really tested their faith in their friendship on Buffy/Xanders side and on Willows side.

I couldn't believe the bit with the demon starting to eat Willows flesh :eek: so gruesome, but in the context of the episode it worked really well to add to the atomosphere and tension of just how difficult a position Willow was in, and allowed you to really appreciate and sympathise with her for having to struggle through it.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I dont get why Buffy's so nervous at the airport about how to deal with Willow. She deal with Angel, who as Angelus killed lots of people and tried to destroy the world, she tried to deal with Faith shortly after Faith killed a human and then you've also got Spike whose just recently got his soul back.

I really enjoyed this episode. I love how everything is done in this episode, first showing the scene with Willow and then showing the scene with the others.

It does remind me a little of Beauty and the Beasts, that episode is set around the murders looking like Angel had done them, and these murders look like Willow could have done them.

TheGentlewoman

The Gentlemen's Lady
Gnarl was just funny to me :3

That and I'm a pretty big Camden Toy fan after meeting him in person

He even teased me in Gnarl's voice at one point X3

Top Bottom