• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 7.13 "The Killer In Me" - Aired 2/04/03 (UPN-US)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Yet another previously on Good show turned shit show...:rolleyes:

Giles, that's Sineya...

I want to see Giles use the Hokey pokey :D

Giles has small feet ??? o_O

The chip :eek:

Buffy, it's just tea...

Things were never nice and boring in Sunnydale...:rolleyes:

Willow, Kennedy is in love with you and everyone knows it ;)

Kennedy, that's not easy...

Willow, Kennedy has a gaydar and so does Faith.

I miss Tara, she was nice to everyone :(

Why does Spike call Buffy "pet" ???o_O

That chip :eek:

I can see why Kennedy found Scarlett O'Hara attractive...

Willow doesn't like any of those things...:rolleyes:

Warren :eek:

The way Willow speaks isn't that interesting to me...

Andrew, please stop :mad:

This show is just depressing now and I just want to get it over with, but I have less than 10 episodes left...

Giles is not the first evil...

Andrew should come, he probably has cabin fever by now...

Amy :eek:

Can somebody please help Willow ??? :(

She's turning into Warren :eek:

The initiative looks like no one cleared the bodies :(

I remember the initiative back in it's glory days, much nicer :)

How did Amy know ??? o_O

Willow is definitely turning into Warren, who does Warren want to kill this time ??? (Warren has proven that he can't use a gun responsibly...)

Assface ??? o_O

Amy :mad:

Amy, Willow's cute...

No :(

Willow never delt with grief :(

Willow's back :)

Next time: Buffy and Wood.

Dora

Scooby
Disliked this episode but at least Willow got a episode she shared with Spike, unlike xander who had little to do the whole season, Some old style Buffy with the Hokey pokey and attacking Giles why were they unable to write more ? Why was the initiative still open I thought they were to fill it with concrete and salt the earth ...... but then Riley would have not been able to give permission to remove Spikes chip. Arse face good description Warren is good , as many I disliked Kennedy ...not sure why I think it was that she was just shoehorned in to be Willows lover . Amy why would she pick suddenly on Willow ? By this time I think Sarah was just going though the motions and she was the show , Buffy had been there for the first few episodes but by this time Buffy had become a bit part player to Spike , Buffy never recovered from season six, I totally blame MN for this .How easy is it to get a gun in California ? I think it would have been better to have Xander save willow again ! poor willow never got over loosing Tara and the mental problems regarding that and Warren. Like a lot of the last two season it suffered from a lack of JW

Dora

Scooby
It's a term of affection. He call Dru "pet" in Season 2 as well.
True it is used as a term of affection by the people in the North east corner of England what we refer to as Geordie land a area of very heavy local accents not a term used widely across the UK , certainly not from the London area where Spike is supposed to come from, but to me this side of the pond he still sounds American

Priceless

Scooby
True it is used as a term of affection by the people in the North east corner of England what we refer to as Geordie land a area of very heavy local accents not a term used widely across the UK , certainly not from the London area where Spike is supposed to come from, but to me this side of the pond he still sounds American
I always imagine his nanny was from N'Castle and called him 'pet' when he was a child :D

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike's travelled a lot. The Whirlwind were in Yorkshire at one point so he could've easily picked it up from there.

Dora

Scooby
Spike's travelled a lot. The Whirlwind were in Yorkshire at one point so he could've easily picked it up from there.
If so he is better than me, never understood Geordie ...or Scouse.... and Geordie is from Newcastle in Northumberland on the Scottish border although some Geordie is spoken in the very north of Yorkshire it is not known for it

Last edited:

Priceless

Scooby
Another solid episode. Some more sweet Team Spuffy, and they are definitely a team now. Buffy goes to see Spike in the basement, she sits on the cot next to him and they chat, it's not heavy or important, it's just two people chatting. Spike has chained himself up and said he'll only be unchained when he's with Buffy, he can only be free when he's with her :)

For Spikes story to advance, the chip has to be discussed. It's been called the leash that's holding him back, and for Spike to prove himself, it had to go. I like that Buffy tends to him, she's loving and compassionate, and they still continue to talk nonsense (Ghostbusters), there's no melodrama here, just two people dealing.

They go to the Initiative, and we see again Team Spuffy, they hear a sound and the immediately go into a back to back stance, which doesn't only happen once, but twice. They move together as though it's something they've done for years. There is a close up of Spike's face, then Buffy's, back to Spike and finally Buffy. We are meant to see them as 'one', different sides of the same coin.

When the chip misfires for the final time, and Spike is on the floor just coming around, Buffy says 'Are you still with us'. There's an 'us' and Buffy sees that she and he are the 'us', and it reminds me of End of Days when Spike asks 'Were you there with me?' and Buffy answers 'I was' *sigh Spuffy love

Love Kennedy's mission; romance Willow. I defy anyone not to love Kennedy in the scene in the Bronze, she is sweet and open and nearly as adorable as Willow herself. It's no wonder Willow falls for the charm.

When they kiss and Willow turns into Warren, it still packs a punch and Kennedy flies across the room with such force. Kennedy could have run away and left Willow, but she stuck with her even though she didn't understand what was going on.

Amy was great, I enjoyed her performance, and that the hex allowed Willow to pick her own punishment. Amy echoes Buffy in Lessons when she says 'It's not about the hate, it's about the power', just a reminder to the audinece that Power is one of the themes of the episode maybe, and power comes in many forms. In fairy tales the power is often in the kiss.

Willow turning into Warren was chilling, and so well done by both actors. Willows guilt at Tara's death was so powerful and sad, but I loved Kennedy's line about bringing Willow back to life, as part of her died with Tara. I'm, not saying Killow is the love of the ages, but how anyone doesn't like Kennedy in this episode is beyond me.

The third strand of the episode is Giles and the scoobies believing he may be an agent of The First. I think this story has been built up really well, and Giles doens't appear to have touched anything, but it didn't have the shock value of the Willow/Warren story, or the emotion of the Buffy/Spike. Although it's good to know Giles is still Giles . . . for now :)

emnemnemnem

Townie
Wow so much was going on in this episode, with Buffy and Spike trying to find a way to deal with his malfunctioning chip, Anya and Dawn and Xander and Andrew driving up to see Giles to make sure he isn't the First, and Amy casting a spell on Willow.

I liked the Spuffy scenes; they were cute, with Buffy being all concerned over Spike, but Spike in pain aw :( esp basically only two eps after he got away from the First. But at the end, "Will you choose to repair [the chip] or remove it?" AH we'll finally get to really see how much Buffy trusts Spike through her decision.

I feel like the Xander and Anya and Dawn and Andrew scenes were a little bit of a filler. They basically went on a wild goose chase, but I guess it was pretty comical, especially when they tackled Giles at the end xD so comic relief? But at first, it was actually super probable that Giles was the First; that would've been crazy.

And Amy. Oh my. Amy. -.- Ok so at first I thought Amy was the First b/c she knew that Kennedy was a Potential and how else would she know that? But I guess not; she was just driven by jealousy of Willow's power. I thought it was kinda annoying/pointless though, what she did, and I never really liked her anyway. I guess Kennedy and Willow are cute though, but I miss Tara and it makes me kind of sad to see Willow getting over Tara but I guess happy at the same time b/c she deserves to be happy. :)

Overall, this episode was alright. Eh. Solid 5/10.

They go to the Initiative, and we see again Team Spuffy, they hear a sound and the immediately go into a back to back stance, which doesn't only happen once, but twice. They move together as though it's something they've done for years. There is a close up of Spike's face, then Buffy's, back to Spike and finally Buffy. We are meant to see them as 'one', different sides of the same coin.
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH

TriBel

Scooby
When the chip misfires for the final time, and Spike is on the floor just coming around, Buffy says 'Are you still with us'. There's an 'us' and Buffy sees that she and he are the 'us', and it reminds me of End of Days when Spike asks 'Were you there with me?' and Buffy answers 'I was' *sigh Spuffy love
Compare with:
Beneath You:
BUFFY You thought you would just come back here and... be with me? SPIKE First time for everything. (The End of Days dialogue rounds this of nicely).

Get it Done:
SPIKE Not a bit. And just what brings our good principal to this neck of the gloom? BUFFY I'm showing him our operation. Us. (The shooting script has a beat before the "Us".

Dirty Girls:
FAITH (shocked) Are you protecting vampires? Are you the bad slayer now? Am I the good slayer now? BUFFY: He's with me. He has a soul.

I've got to be honest - she's much more on the ball than he is! :)

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I love that episode, one of my favorites of season 7, not because of Killow but because of amazing Tillow and all the times Willow talks about Tara in the Bronze "And it wasn't women, it was woman. Just one", "Tara and I are kind of private, were. I mean private":( plus the amazing last scene with Willow is very well played by Alison Hannigan and is really emotionnal, "She was never gone, she was with me. We should have been forever, I let her be dead. She's really dead and I killed her".:( I even love the score which is played by the killow kiss. Besides the scenes in the Bronze are well done even if I don't like Kennedy. This is the last times that Tara is mentioned in this season I think, it sucks. The last scene always reminds me the time in Seeing red when Tara was shoot by Warren. It's heartbreaking :(.

- And of course Spuffy is fine for a Spuffy fan like me :)
- Andrew and Xander about the new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and how Xander is ashamed and he treats Andrew of loser :D.
- Giles and the scoobies in the desert is hilarious :p
- Amy is good at being evil, she even make Kennedy violently hit the ground by making her thrust across the room by magic, good points for Amy lol :p.
- Willow & Xander "An incident involving Aquaman underous for example. You want me to start talking? "

But how does Amy knows about Willow attempt to destroy the world? And about the potentials ?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I love that episode, one of my favorites of season 7, not because of Killow but because of amazing Tillow and all the times Willow talks about Tara in the Bronze "And it wasn't women, it was woman. Just one", "Tara and I are kind of private, were. I mean private":( plus the amazing last scene with Willow is very well played by Alison Hannigan and is really emotionnal, "She was never gone, she was with me. We should have been forever, I let her be dead. She's really dead and I killed her".:(
For me, this episode clearly shows that Willow is still grieving Tara and isn't emotionally ready to move on yet, but Kennedy doesn't care. If someone is yelling up to the heavens, begging forgiveness from their dead lover for kissing you, they need time. to process. However Kennedy does exactly the same thing that started the whole mess and kisses Willow again.

Kennedy doesn't even offer to give Willow space because as far as she is concerned Willow is her way to power within the scoobies. Just look how fast she's inserting herself into scooby meetings as soon as she and Willow are "dating". Neither Tara, Anya, Oz or even Spike were attending scooby meetings so soon. Kennedy was using Willow as a powerplay, she expected Willow to back her up without question, even when it was pitting Willow against one of her best friends. If Willow didn't agree with Kennedy, Kennedy would have a go at her.

So Killow is essentially an emotionally vulnerable person still grieving her dead lover, being domineered and shouted at by a power hungry brat who is using her as a means to an end.

Amy is good at being evil, she even make Kennedy violently hit the ground by making her thrust across the room by magic, good points for Amy lol:p.
Amy was great in this scene. Was there anyone watching who wasn't cheering Amy on?

But how does Amy knows about Willow attempt to destroy the world? And about the potentials ?
I just assume that demons and vampires are a bunch of gossips and eventually people hear things through the grapevine.

I wish the show had used Spike to explore the demon side of things more rather than just sacrificing him to Spuffy. What made him such a great villain in Season 2 was that his "evil" plan was to make his lover well again. Spike wasn't trying to end the world (Dru was the mastermind behind the Judge in my opinion) he was just trying to cure Dru, it was just unfortunate that the key to the cure was Angel which brought him into direct conflict with Buffy. School Hard was the only time he went out of his way to try and kill Buffy, Halloween and Lie to Me were just opportunistic. In WML, he just wants Buffy out the way. Likewise, Glory's "evil" plan was that she was trying to get back home to her own dimension. The conflict arises with Buffy because Dawn was the key.

Some of the "big bads" aren't evil, it just that their goals are in conflict with Buffy and the scoobies. If there had been a way to cure Drusilla or for Glory to go home that didn't involve someone being hurt, then I don't see Buffy standing in their way.

Also Spike still being semi-evil and thus still involved with the demon community would mean that he would hear about the First rising and the demon community being on edge about it. Not only could that information be relayed to Buffy, but it would also emphasise the threat of the First where even demons and vampires are getting twitchy about it.

katmobile

Scooby
If so he is better than me, never understood Geordie ...or Scouse.... and Geordie is from Newcastle in Northumberland on the Scottish border although some Geordie is spoken in the very north of Yorkshire it is not known for it
It's not the north of Yorkshire it's to the north of Yorkshire Geordie is Tyneside a different area to Yorkshire entirely.

Black Thorn
Spike changed his accent, is it any surprise he picked up a few words and terms while moving about?
Anyway I live in Yorkshire and I've been called love, pet, flower and sometimes duck by random strangers (and the words for some reason are also used as a term of endearment). Those words do pop up in other places every now and then.

vampmogs

Potential
Her voice sounds really funny in this episode, I wonder if she was sick while shooting it
I definitely think she was. They even have her sitting on the couch with a cup of tea which usually I'd think was just a prop but in this case was most likely for her throat.

SMG was also course and sick during "Empty Places."

Top Bottom