• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 7.17 "Lies My Parents Told Me" - Aired 3/25/03 (UPN-US)

Priceless

Scooby
Are you serious?

She knew he was a vampire and lured him out of the Bronze so she could kill him. That has nothing to do with wanting to shack up with one. The Faith I know doesn't do it/flirts with vampires for the sake of getting it on with one. Faith doesn't do vamps, period.
As a heart attack. Yes Faith was hunting vampires in the Bronze, but she was still flirting with one. Her intent doesn't stop her flirting. Faith flirts, it's her mo, she does it with everyone.

I can only work with what I know of Faith. I don't play the 'would, could, should' game. Faith has never been with a vampire. And never expressed a desire to. That's all the evidence I need. So give me some hard core canon evidence that contradicts that.
She expressed a desire to sleep with Angel on several occasions in S3 and only didn't because Angel wouldn't.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Faith does seem to have conservative views on what it means to be a slayer. What I mean by that is in season 3 we saw that she disapproved with Buffy sleeping with Angel because he's a vampire (even a souled one). Then just little things like when she says "You're protecting vampires?!" to Buffy reinforces that she still sees a slayer as having the duty to kill vampires, not sleep with them. I can't really see Faith in a sexual relationship with a vampire but she obviously has no problems being close and friendly with them, as we can see through her relationship with particularly Angel but also Spike. Back to season 7, yeah she was just intrigued by Spike and wanted to talk to him, it's just in Faith's nature to be flirty so a bit of flirtatious language got into their conversation lol. It doesn't mean that she wanted to have sex with Spike or would date him :D

W

WillowFromBuffy

I can only work with what I know of Faith. I don't play the 'would, could, should' game. Faith has never been with a vampire. And never expressed a desire to. That's all the evidence I need. So give me some hard core canon evidence that contradicts that.
I cannot prove that I am going to bungee jump. All I can say is that I am a fairly adventurous person, so if I did, it would not be out of character.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
As a heart attack. Yes Faith was hunting vampires in the Bronze, but she was still flirting with one. Her intent doesn't stop her flirting. Faith flirts, it's her mo, she does it with everyone.
It's just a way to get the vampire to leave with her. So what? That doesn't in any way mean she would ever be entertaining the thought of sleeping with one. Faith ain't Buffy (thank God).

She expressed a desire to sleep with Angel on several occasions in S3 and only didn't because Angel wouldn't.
What with the what? Faith wasn't even interested in Angel, ever. He was important to Buffy and that's why she messed with him. To get to her. Clearly I have a different understanding on Faith's arc in S3 than you so lets just disagree.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
But Faith only wanted Angel because he was Buffy's boyfriend at the time. If Buffy had been dating Clem then Faith would have gone after Clem because she was only out to take something away from Buffy.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
S4 AtS Faith was sexy. Between the ghetto slang (which is horrifyingly unsexy) and the way they made her look sometimes, it was not good
I'm not getting the ghetto slang. Faith has always spoke her own language. I think in Angel s4 she stepped up to be the leader, on Buffy she can be more laid back. I thought she looked hot when she was fighting Spike and dancing in the Bronze. Lol. As for flirting with Spike. Like she said, it was a long incarceration. Lol. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Thus, Robin Wood. Lol

flow

Scooby
Giles : Yes but things are different now. After what you have been through. Faced with the same choice now.. You would let her die ?
Buffy : If I had to.. To save the world. Yes !
I don`t think the writers meant that Buffy would actually kill Dawn to save the world - something she has decidedly refused to do in S5. I believe that she would now be ready to accept Dawns offer to sacrifice herself. Dawn made that offer in "The Gift" but Buffy declined it.

Faced with the same offer now, she would accept it and not jump off the Tower herself. That is how I understand this conversation with Giles. And I think it shows us that Buffy does now accept that Dawn has grown up (a lot) and is not only ready to make her own decisions but has to make them. Because that is what we all have to do when we grow up. Buffy doesn`t need to protect Dawn and to look after her anymore because Dawn is capable of doing that for herself.

I don`t know if this has been asked before, but why didn`t Robin know about Spike having killed Nikki ? Robin says that he has been trying to find out who the Vampire was that killed his mother but he couldn`t. But Robin was raised by Nikkis watcher after her death. The watchers council knew all about Spike having fought and killed two slayers. Someone even wrote a thesis about it. Why would it have to be so difficult for Robin or Nikkis watcher to find out about that ?

flow

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Didn't the Mayor put her up to that though? It could be argued that The Mayor was exploiting Faith. He took a vulnerable young woman with no prospects, no friends or family, and no permanent roof over her head, showered her with gifts and affection then demanded she do things for him in return.

I don`t know if this has been asked before, but why didn`t Robin know about Spike having killed Nikki ? Robin says that he has been trying to find out who the Vampire was that killed his mother but he couldn`t. But Robin was raised by Nikkis watcher after her death. The watchers council knew all about Spike having fought and killed two slayers. Someone even wrote a thesis about it. Why would it have to be so difficult for Robin or Nikkis watcher to find out about that ?
Good point. Perhaps it's a continuity error?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I'm not getting the ghetto slang. Faith has always spoke her own language. I think in Angel s4 she stepped up to be the leader, on Buffy she can be more laid back. I thought she looked hot when she was fighting Spike and dancing in the Bronze. Lol. As for flirting with Spike. Like she said, it was a long incarceration. Lol. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Thus, Robin Wood. Lol
I still think that Faith is beautiful in season 7 but it is quite jarring how different she is over on Angel in comparison to Buffy season 7. Something about her seemed younger over on Angel, even her language was cleaner:D
As for Spike, I think that Faith felt quite uncomfortable being around all these people that she's hurt in the past but with Spike she could just chat and flirt freely and I think she enjoyed it. Similarly for Spike, other than Buffy, Faith is probably the only person he can just chill with. So they had a nice, yet odd chat o_O

Priceless

Scooby
But Faith only wanted Angel because he was Buffy's boyfriend at the time. If Buffy had been dating Clem then Faith would have gone after Clem because she was only out to take something away from Buffy.
I agree with you. @RomanticSoul suggested Faith would never sleep with a vampire. I am just arguing that she would. I agree it was partly due to who he was to Buffy. It was also partly to do with The Mayor wanting Angelus back in play. But that doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire

Didn't the Mayor put her up to that though? It could be argued that The Mayor was exploiting Faith. He took a vulnerable young woman with no prospects, no friends or family, and no permanent roof over her head, showered her with gifts and affection then demanded she do things for him in return.
Agreed, but it doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire. She was happy to sleep with Angel to help him lose his soul, and happy to sleep with Angelus afterwards, or so it appeared. The Mayor did play a big part in that, but it doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I agree with you. @RomanticSoul suggested Faith would never sleep with a vampire. I am just arguing that she would. I agree it was partly due to who he was to Buffy. It was also partly to do with The Mayor wanting Angelus back in play. But that doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire
Faith would have slept with Angel, but that's not because she's attracted to him so yes she would sleep with a vampire as a means to an end. However, for actually attraction or love I don't think that she would allow herself to love a vampire that way. The original issue was that Faith was flirting with Spike for fun (so it wasn't a means to an end). I think that it wasn't like that, she was just being friendly and kind to Spike. However for people that saw that scene as Faith coming onto Spike, it does look strange for Faith to be doing that considering her past opinions towards vampires and slayers being together.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Agreed, but it doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire. She was happy to sleep with Angel to help him lose his soul, and happy to sleep with Angelus afterwards, or so it appeared. The Mayor did play a big part in that, but it doesn't change the fact that Faith would sleep with a vampire
I'm not denying that she would. The fact that she agreed to try and sleep with Angel is proof that she would sleep with a vampire. I was just pointing out that the Mayor is exploiting her. He showers her with gifts and affection, gets her under his thumb, then asks her to sleep with Angel in return. Faith actually comes across as a victim in this scenario. She's in too deep to see what the Mayor is actually doing.

Faith would have slept with Angel, but that's not because she's attracted to him so yes she would sleep with a vampire as a means to an end. However, for actually attraction or love I don't think that she would allow herself to love a vampire that way. The original issue was that Faith was flirting with Spike for fun (so it wasn't a means to an end). I think that it wasn't like that, she was just being friendly and kind to Spike. However for people that saw that scene as Faith coming onto Spike, it does look strange for Faith to be doing that considering her past opinions towards vampires and slayers being together.
Faith kind of flirted with Spike before when she stole Buffy's body and said she could "ride him at a gallop".

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I'm not denying that she would. The fact that she agreed to try and sleep with Angel is proof that she would sleep with a vampire. I was just pointing out that the Mayor is exploiting her. He showers her with gifts and affection, gets her under his thumb, then asks her to sleep with Angel in return. Faith actually comes across as a victim in this scenario. She's in too deep to see what the Mayor is actually doing.

Faith kind of flirted with Spike before when she stole Buffy's body and said she could "ride him at a gallop".
But she was flirting with Spike because she's impersonating Buffy, the vampire lover. She was basically mocking Buffy. That's how I saw that scene, seeing as Faith was trying to be Buffy not herself at that point.

Priceless

Scooby
But Faith slept with everyone as a means to an end, she didn't love any of them.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
But Faith slept with everyone as a means to an end, she didn't love any of them.
Okay maybe she didn't love them but she did still have an attraction towards them. Saying that Faith would have sex with vampires is basically like saying she'd have sex with any species. It's a lot different for Faith to have sex with some young men she finds attractive than to have sex with a vampire.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
But she was flirting with Spike because she's impersonating Buffy, the vampire lover. She was basically mocking Buffy. That's how I saw that scene, seeing as Faith was trying to be Buffy not herself at that point.
But it was still Faith's mind at play. When she slept with/raped Riley, it wasn't Buffy sleeping with him, it was her. When she spoke to Spike, it was her speaking not Buffy. She was in Buffy's body but when she told Spike she could ride him at a gallop, she would've been the one riding him, not Buffy.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I agree but she would have had so much more fun with Spike than with Riley ;-)

flow
But the question is would Buffy have minded if Faith had sex with Spike in her body as much as she did with Riley?
Oh wait that would have been more dreadful for Buffy, Faith really missed out on a good opportunity :eek:

But it was still Faith's mind at play. When she slept with/raped Riley, it wasn't Buffy sleeping with him, it was her. When she spoke to Spike, it was her speaking not Buffy. She was in Buffy's body but when she told Spike she could ride him at a gallop, she would've been the one riding him, not Buffy.
Yeah but again, she was doing this to hurt Buffy and mock what Buffy was, not because she as Faith was attracted to him for no other reason other than attraction.

Priceless

Scooby
Okay maybe she didn't love them but she did still have an attraction towards them. Saying that Faith would have sex with vampires is basically like saying she'd have sex with any species. It's a lot different for Faith to have sex with some young men she finds attractive than to have sex with a vampire.
I don't think Faith would have sex with any species, that just sounds eww :)Vampires aren't people, but they inhabit a human body, so yes the demon inside is a different species, but the body certainly isn't. When Faith has an itch she wants it scratching and I would say if there was a tame vamp around and no other contenders, she would definitely go for it, and I certainly wouldn't blame her

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I don't think Faith would have sex with any species, that just sounds eww :)Vampires aren't people, but they inhabit a human body, so yes the demon inside is a different species, but the body certainly isn't. When Faith has an itch she wants it scratching and I would say if there was a tame vamp around and no other contenders, she would definitely go for it, and I certainly wouldn't blame her
Sure, if Faith was desperate then she probably would have sex with a vampire but at the end of the day, they're very similar to demons and that's why I have a hard time imagining Faith with one of them. Doing things in desperation is different than doing things in a normal situation, so whilst she may have sex with a vampire if there's no other choice, that doesn't actually mean that she sexually likes them.

Top Bottom