• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 7.17 "Lies My Parents Told Me" - Aired 3/25/03 (UPN-US)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
As for Spike, I think that Faith felt quite uncomfortable being around all these people that she's hurt in the past but with Spike she could just chat and flirt freely and I think she enjoyed it. Similarly for Spike, other than Buffy, Faith is probably the only person he can just chill with. So they had a nice, yet odd chat
That's a good point. There was a little animosity when Faith arrived and she might not feel comfortable around the core four or the annoying potentials, that she even called "spaz". And after what happened in Lies My Parents Told Me Spike probably isn't very comfortable around the scoobies either, especially Giles. So it would make sense that they would hide out in the basement together. Plus the only pet interaction Faith had with Spike was when she was fake flirting with him in Buffy's body. Plus they have a lot in common, so I totally buy their flirtation in the basement. I never thought they would actually go further than that though. So it doesn't bother me for Faith to flirt with Spikr a vampire, who at this point has a soul.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Like she said, it was a long incarceration. Lol. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Thus, Robin Wood. Lol
The point is. Faith chooses the human over the vampire every time. She didn't sleep with Spike in S7, she slept with Robin the human. She didn't sleep with Spike in S4, even when in Buffy's body. She slept with Riley the human. And again, sleeping with Riley was only to take something from Buffy much like with Angel back in S3. Faith would do it to achieve an end. Never said she wouldn't. But to sleep with a vampire because she is romantically (or even sexually) interested or in the mood? She has proven she wouldn't.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
But that doesn't mean she against flirting with vamps.
W

WillowFromBuffy

The point is. Faith chooses the human over the vampire every time. She didn't sleep with Spike in S7, she slept with Robin the human. She didn't sleep with Spike in S4, even when in Buffy's body. She slept with Riley the human. And again, sleeping with Riley was only to take something from Buffy much like with Angel back in S3. Faith would do it to achieve an end. Never said she wouldn't. But to sleep with a vampire because she is romantically (or even sexually) interested or in the mood? She has proven she wouldn't.
He he he! As if Spike was ever on offer.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Sure he was. He was definitely intrigued and interested in S4. He was single in S7. And Spike has proven plenty of times that while he might love Buffy, chasing other tail when not with her isn't out of the question (see both Harmony and Faith as proof). Not to mention Spike's obsession with slayers.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Faith left quite an impression on Spike actually, he remembers word for word what she was saying to him back in season 4 ;) It's not the sort of thing a man forgets he says lol Faith wasn't the only one weirdly trying the moves as they say.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Sure he was. He was definitely intrigued and interested in S4. He was single in S7. And Spike has proven plenty of times that while he might love Buffy, chasing other tail when not with her isn't out of the question (see both Harmony and Faith as proof). Not to mention Spike's obsession with slayers.
Spike is never happy with second best. He wants Beyonce, not Kelly Rowland. I guess, if Spike was extremely depressed, Faith could join the club of Harmony, Anya and the BuffyBot. I don't think Faith would be happy being someone's substitute. Spike would not treat Faith any better than she treated Xander.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Spike is never happy with second best. He wants Beyonce, not Kelly Rowland. I guess, if Spike was extremely depressed, Faith could join the club of Harmony, Anya and the BuffyBot. I don't think Faith would be happy being someone's substitute. Spike would not treat Faith any better than she treated Xander.
That's what 'chasing other tails' is, it's not about love it's about being interested in other people whilst being in love with someone.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I thought the question was: Would Faith sleep with a vampire, not would Faith fall in love with a vampire? The answer is yes she would be prepared to sleep with a vampire because she would've with Angel. Faith doesn't seem the type to fall in love with anyone.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I thought the question was: Would Faith sleep with a vampire, not would Faith fall in love with a vampire? The answer is yes she would be prepared to sleep with a vampire because she would've with Angel. Faith doesn't seem the type to fall in love with anyone.
Faith would sleep with a vampire in desperate circumstances or if it's part of a game (like with Angel). But it's unlikely that she'd sleep with a vampire outside of those circumstances, so what the original issue was that it was out of character for Faith to seem sexually interested in Spike in season 7 (she wasn't IMO), because in normal circumstances Faith isn't attracted to vampires.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Even though he was single, he turned down Anya a could of times. And he says that he goes out to talk to girls but that's all it is. I don't think that even if Faith wanted to, he wouldn't have slept with her. He loves Buffy too much and know that would hurt her. Much like Faith sleeping with Riley hurt Buffy.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Even though he was single, he turned down Anya a could of times. And he says that he goes out to talk to girls but that's all it is. I don't think that even if Faith wanted to, he wouldn't have slept with her. He loves Buffy too much and know that would hurt her. Much like Faith sleeping with Riley hurt Buffy.
Faith wasn't looking to sleep with Spike, and Spike wasn't looking to sleep with Faith. All I was saying was that they were both flirting, or having a flirtatious conversation I'd say because neither of the were really trying anything with each other. That's part of what makes that test scene for Faith's spin off a little odd and wrong to me. But at the end of the day it's just too very outgoing people exchanging banter as they say. :D:D:D:D Faith isn't into vampires, and clearly Spike isn't going to sleep with anyone but Buffy at this point so....That's it.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I agree

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Fuffy Baith: But that doesn't mean she against flirting with vamps.
Never said otherwise.:confused:

Faith left quite an impression on Spike actually, he remembers word for word what she was saying to him back in season 4 ;) It's not the sort of thing a man forgets he says lol Faith wasn't the only one weirdly trying the moves as they say.
Spuffy is Faith's fault, to a point. She definitely planted the seed. Hilarious that who Spike actually fell for was Faith and he ended up with Buffy. *snickers*

He was in love with Buffy in AtS S5 too and he tried Harmony. And if the comics are canon for you, he was in love with Buffy there too and tried both Harmony and Faith (I think I've read that somewhere). Why shouldn't he, after all he was single all those times. But that Faith turned him down is again enough proof for me.

Faith would have slept with Angel in S3, not because she has a yearning for vampires but to take him from Buffy. But to be interested in vampires the way Buffy is, never. And Faith has evolved from her S3 persona. Since she still to this day hasn't slept with a vampire is like I said enough proof for me. She isn't interested in them for romance/relationships or even fun sex. She goes to humans for that, if at all. I'm fine with Buffy being the only weirdo in that department. Don't need to drag Faith down to that level.

Last edited:

Mr Trick

Scooby
To be honest I don't remember Faith showing any attraction to Spike. I only remember them butting heads over the Buffy issues. I will have to go back and watch those episodes to refresh my memory:)

As for this issue of whether Faith is sexy in S7? Well its a scary world we leave in if that woman at any point is considered unsexy!;) And who cares? At that point she doesn't need to be sexy. She's completed her redemption arc, she's a more mature character. Its called character growth. You wouldn't expect Faith to behave the same in S7 than she did in S3.

W

WillowFromBuffy

And if the comics are canon for you, he was in love with Buffy there too and tried both Harmony and Faith (I think I've read that somewhere). Why shouldn't he, after all he was single all those times. But that Faith turned him down is again enough proof for me.
@Priceless , is this true?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
@RomanticSoul
Spike never tried Faith out in the comics. He did sleep with Harmony once but both of them thought they were using each other.

Priceless

Scooby
@Priceless , is this true?
Spike and Harmony do get together in the comics, when he goes to London to help Angel and he's not with Buffy at the time. Angel actually sets them up in the hope it helps Spike get over Buffy. As far as I know Spike has never slept with Faith but he has flirted with her.

Spike flirts with everyone though, I'm sure in S9 he flirted with the Aunts and Angel - he can't help himself :)

W

WillowFromBuffy

Spike and Harmony do get together in the comics, when he goes to London to help Angel and he's not with Buffy at the time. Angel actually sets them up in the hope it helps Spike get over Buffy. As far as I know Spike has never slept with Faith but he has flirted with her.

Spike flirts with everyone though, I'm sure in S9 he flirted with the Aunts and Angel - he can't help himself :)
Spike can sleep with anyone as long he is really unhappy when he does it. He can flirt with anyone as long as it is just banter. But if Spike decides Faith is a worthy substitute for Buffy, then there will be hell to pay. I'm talking no heed to consequences, LA banished to a hell dimension kind of thing.

Priceless
Priceless
I'd share your displeasure lol
W

WillowFromBuffy

That would be Spike's fault :D
So why undermine Faith?
Saying that Faith falls short of Buffy is so slight a slight that it can hardly be considered an insult. I love Faith. I have no opinion on whether she vampiresexual or not.

P.S. Yes, it would be Spike's fault and I would kill him for it.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Saying that Faith falls short of Buffy is so slight a slight that it can hardly be considered an insult. I love Faith. I have no opinion on whether she vampiresexual or not.
It is an insult to say that Faith isn't as worthy for Spike, who is the cheater in this situation, as Buffy is.

Top Bottom