• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 7.18 "Dirty Girls" - Aired 4/15/03 (UPN-US)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@thrasherpix Hey, at least the Wiccans got a (pre-)apology!

"It could be witches! Some evil witches! Which is ridiculous 'cause witches they were persecuted and Wicca good and love the earth and woman power and I'll be over here."
If Xander was telling the truth at the end about being the one to cast the spell (although fans never believed it and NB did say on Twitter ages ago that Xander was covering for Dawn) then he should've sang:

"t could be witches! Some evil witches! Which is ridiculous 'cause I know I'm the guilty one, cast the spell and god I really screwed up!"

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
You even matched the cadence! And yeah, how did Xander keep his secret during a spell of truth-telling in song?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
RE: Caleb; I never really got the idea that Caleb is Catholic. As well as Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Methodists and many others wear the Clerical collar. Having said that, Caleb being a member of any of those denominations doesn't really make any sense. From what little we learned of his ministry, he was a traveling evangelist, moving from church to church, always leaving a trail of dead girls. That makes perfect sense for an Baptist or a Pentecostal, that's kind of how those churches work, and they have problems like that, due to lack of oversight. But, the former churches really don't. You need credentials to preach, you just can't show up, in most cases. The only thing that would lead me to think he was catholic was his visit to the monastery, but even that wasn't conclusive.

As for the reaction, I don't remember any issues. Here's a review published in National Review at the time. No mention of him.

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
I didn't realize that about the collar. Just as well to leave it vague.
thetopher
thetopher
I always figured Caleb for a traveling Baptist, given his accent.
Top Bottom