• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 8.19 "Time of Your Life Part 4" - Released 11/26/08 (Dark Horse)

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Did they actually release it today or give another bum excuse?
They'd better, or I'm gonna take hostages at the comics store this evening!
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
I love that cover, by the way. Along with the upcoming #22 Satsu/Kennedy cover, I think it's my favorite so far. (Though the Dawn Centaur one was nice too...)

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
It was an ok issue though theres really only one major WTF moment so be prepaired:

ANGEL or Riley(atleast it looked like Angel) is working with Twilight! And apparently has been playing Buffy for the past couple of months. Is this the end of Bangel!

And Buffy kills DW in a scene that should have been more emotional. And Fray still exists.

Overall this was an ok arc, didnt love it, didnt hate it. But I felt that Dark Willows appearance was for nothing since she did nothing but stand around for two issues. For a Buffy/Fray cross-over they could have done it a bit better or maybe its just the long wait that has made my feelings for this arc dwindle.

E
Entiel
it's riley

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Actually, someone over on that crappier Buffy forum says that that guy with Twilight is Riley, although they have been wrong before, i don't think they really understand what happens in the comics.

Anyway, i hope it is Riley, if he's back it means they can finally kill him off =D

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
Well if its Riley the artist did not capture him and his signature hair-cut. Ill try to post a pic for everyone to determine for themselves.
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
Ok here he is:

C
Clem Rocks
Many thanks for trying to get a pic =]

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Looks like Riley to me, that goofy smile on that face that you just want to smack gives it away. That and the fact that it's too young to be Angel, even human Angel.

And it looks like whoever it is, that's who Buffy was supposed to be meeting?

Tranquillity
Tranquillity
that it looks like Riley

Five

Magical Proficiency Level
It's so Riley. I had to think for a while to get it, but, it's really Riley, I have now no doubt. It's great !!! "The closest betrayal, the most unexpected" : of course ! Buffy could think about Willow betraying her (especially with all the DW drama), she could totally think about Giles or Faith, but NOT Mr. "Tell me to jump and I will, I luuurv orders, especially from you my Blondie Buffy!". I think it's great.

It was a great issue, I got the great cover (yaay!). I agree, the killing scene could have been more emotional but, well... I liked Buffy's reaction when she got back. Though it was totally spoiled by Kennedy, and this upsets me in a way I cannot describe ! Just KILL HER already ! She's totally useless and stupid and so not worthy of our great Will !

Is Harth dead ?

The only thing that made me roll my eyes was the stupid "Forrest Beings" or whatever...

I think it was all really good.

Did anyone read the Scott comment about Charmed copying Buffy in more more more simple ? I think I had a tiny orgasm reading that. =D

B
Blondie Bear
It was funny. :D

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
I picked mine up today; actually got to the comic store before the guy had checked them in and put them on the shelves, but he was nice and dug through the boxes for me and offered me a choice between covers. I chose the one N4H posted here.

Maybe it's just that this whole arc has left me cold, and maybe it's because we had to wait so long between issues, but I dunno; this didn't seem that great to me. The Dawn/Xander stuff was HILARIOUS (I'm turning into a Dander more every issue)--"I hope you die first. With the most wounds."--and the Riley reveal was surprising (though not SHOCKING--I can totally see Riley working for Twilight), but the Buffy/Willow/Fray thing just kind of left me going "Huh?" and "So what?" Buffy killing Evil Future Willow was kind of sad, but it was too quick for me to really build up a sniffle. This kind of thing makes me think that it would REALLY work better onscreen.

Oh, well. Maybe the next one will be better.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
Really? You can see him working with Twilight? I cant. Since we dont know his full intentions yet I cant say if it is in or out of charecter for him but right now its out of charecter. Riley isnt the evil type, and what happened to Sam? Unless they got divorced or she died and Buffy knows this I also wouldnt see Buffy getting all nice and "sexy" to go meet him.

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
^ Not EVIL evil, just seeing the goal of ridding the world of magic as a good thing that's worth fighting for. He tends to be sort of myopic about that kind of thing, remember? I don't think he'd really see the bad.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
No not really, I mean he was never against against magic while he was on Buffy.

But I think the problem I have with this arc is that I feel it didnt make a big enough impact. I feel like not that much happened except Buffy/Fray duking it out numerous times, Willow coming back Dark and being all cryptic, and no reveal for the monkey! Apart from the tiny surprises of DW and Riley nothing else was OMG shocking!

Clem Rocks

Scooby
I think this is the most people that have got an issue as soon as it came out in ages lol

Delaying it so long really worked huh?

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine this, i've been waiting for it for over than three months and now i'm not able to get it for another at least two weeks because the closest comic shop is an hour and a haft away and I don't have the time to go. Guess I should start ordering them.

Anyway, can anybody tell me what happened cause I can't wait to actually read it pleasssssseeeeee.

-Blaze-

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine this, i've been waiting for it for over than three months and now i'm not able to get it for another at least two weeks because the closest comic shop is an hour and a haft away and I don't have the time to go. Guess I should start ordering them.

Anyway, can anybody tell me what happened cause I can't wait to actually read it pleasssssseeeeee.

-Blaze-
Buffy-Fray fight, Fray tries to kill Buffy, Buffy breaks Frays sycthe as she leaves

Buffy killed Dark Willow, gets pulled back to the present by Willow

Dawn and Xander fight Amy/Warrens army, slayers are alive

A bunch of vamps get dusted in the future by the fish guy (cant remember his name right now)

Riley is crazy(imo, working with Twilight/Amy/Warren)

The monkey remains a monkey.

Fray is happy to still exisist.

Chase Summers

Going to Heaven!
That sounds like a big disappoint. Why on earth are they going to pull something huge out like this DW time travel thing, and then do nothing with it? No big shocker on Riley though. He was always weak minded.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
Ya DW was a let down. And she was emo during the whole thing aswell and just stood around doing nothing. I like my Dark Willow with some punch, sass, and well darkness.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
I wonder if Buffy breaking Fray's scythe is what saved Fray's world from ending?

I liked Buffy's reaction after what she had to do to DW...and I trust she will be bending over backwards to find out what caused that kind of future for Willow, and how to prevent it.

Gotta wonder what would have happened if Future Willow had still been alive when Present Willow came through the portal... would it have caused a time paradox? Was that what was going to end Fray's world?

And...Leah's okay! Go Leah!

Top Bottom