• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 8.33 "Twilight Part 2" - Released 3/04/10 (Dark Horse)

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
This is a big one kids...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 #33: Twilight part 2

Acclaimed novelist and comics writer Brad Meltzer (The Book of Lies, Identity Crisis) continues his pivotal story arc! The Slayer army has suffered heavy losses throughout Season Eight and faced all kinds of threats new and old, but the one mystery connecting it all has been the identity of the Big Bad: Twilight. In this issue, Buffy finally confronts Twilight one on one, setting the stage for Twilight's unmasking in Buffy #34!

Brad Meltzer, series artist Georges Jeanty, and executive producer Joss Whedon up the stakes as Buffy's most epic season yet races to a climax!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 #33: Twilight part 2 (Jo Chen cover) :: Profile :: Dark Horse Comics

Despite what it says above, the reveal does happen in this issue:

Nrama: Can you run through how the reveal and explanation will work as far as your issues go? How much will we understand at the end of Issue #33? After Twilight's reveal, where does the story go?

Meltzer: The reveal is on page 15. And there are some hints of the big picture in Issue #33. But the next issue is where the Buffyverse mythology really comes into play. And that mythology is what I love.
Newsarama.com : BRAD, BUFFY & the BIG BAD: Meltzer Talks Twilight Reveal

Let the discussion begin :)

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
I feel like a fool for having allowed this story to sucker me in for so long.

But I'm finished with it.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
AndrewCrossett's giving up. I'm not sure I wanna read this now.

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I'm feeling a little iffy about this. Oh well, I won't get my issue for 25 years thanks to TFAW. By then, I would be over it.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
From what I've garnered from the net this is really something you have to read yourself.

Initally Buffy tries to kill Angel but then something happens, he talks to her about what has been happening and apparently he makes some very valid points.

After that people are talking about a "glowing" or something like that. That there is something actually pulling them together (the secret history thing I'm pressuming) and it apparently glows when then are near.

Also there was talk of their being A Chosen One within a Chosen One or something like that.

I've never spoke about this here but I think Buffy is going to be pregnant by the end of this season. Remember Anywhere but Here when Buffy was warned that she had to "Protect the Prince"? Well she has constantly being referred to as the Queen of the Slayers in this season (i'm they call her Ma'am!) and during that scene in Anywhere But Here there was a cracked red egg hanging over one of the passageways. The giving of a red egg when a child is born is a Chinese custom, it is also the sign of fertility. Plus if Angel can knock Darla up...

What I also get the impression from people's reviews is that Buffy and Angel seem to be under some sort of influence when they eventually kiss, like they just change out of nowhere.

Lots have people have said that it feels that Angel is smooth talking Buffy, they aren't quite sure to trust him. Also, when Buffy tells Angel that she got her power from the dead Slayers he as "Did Willow tell you that?", which sort of implied that Willow was lying.

Basically we have been left with mountains of question, which I suppose we knew would be the case.

I'm going to withold my judgement until the season is done but honestly, if there was no magic involved I'm kinda heartbroken that A) it's actually Angel and B) Buffy just fell back into his arms.

W
Wishing Oceans
... That sounds AWFUL! :'(

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
If only we knew before that there were "valid points" that could excuse mass murder and genocide, the course of human history would have gone much differently.
I'm only summarising the talk on the net. When this is all played out the condeming can start.

Joan! You need to come back here and give EVERY SINGLE DETAIL!

Deal?

missbrunettgirl

Slayer in Training
From what I've garnered from the net this is really something you have to read yourself.

Initally Buffy tries to kill Angel but then something happens, he talks to her about what has been happening and apparently he makes some very valid points.

After that people are talking about a "glowing" or something like that. That there is something actually pulling them together (the secret history thing I'm pressuming) and it apparently glows when then are near.

Also there was talk of their being A Chosen One within a Chosen One or something like that.

I've never spoke about this here but I think Buffy is going to be pregnant by the end of this season. Remember Anywhere but Here when Buffy was warned that she had to "Protect the Prince"? Well she has constantly being referred to as the Queen of the Slayers in this season (i'm they call her Ma'am!) and during that scene in Anywhere But Here there was a cracked red egg hanging over one of the passageways. The giving of a red egg when a child is born is a Chinese custom, it is also the sign of fertility. Plus if Angel can knock Darla up...

What I also get the impression from people's reviews is that Buffy and Angel seem to be under some sort of influence when they eventually kiss, like they just change out of nowhere.

Lots have people have said that it feels that Angel is smooth talking Buffy, they aren't quite sure to trust him. Also, when Buffy tells Angel that she got her power from the dead Slayers he as "Did Willow tell you that?", which sort of implied that Willow was lying.

Basically we have been left with mountains of question, which I suppose we knew would be the case.

I'm going to withold my judgement until the season is done but honestly, if there was no magic involved I'm kinda heartbroken that A) it's actually Angel and B) Buffy just fell back into his arms.
I've heard this theory before and it's quite intresting to say the least. Do you remember what issue the refrence to 'the prince' was mentioned? I can't seem to find it.
Oh and Joan please give us a run down I won't get my copy until at least next week =(

white avenger

white avenger

This is starting to sound like Nancy Holder's "Queen Of The Slayers."

W
Wishing Oceans
Lol, that book was kinda bad...

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I've heard this theory before and it's quite intresting to say the least. Do you remember what issue the refrence to 'the prince' was mentioned? I can't seem to find it.
Oh and Joan please give us a run down I won't get my copy until at least next week =(
Issue ten, Anywhere But Here. :)

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Grr!

In the middle of their epic conversation Angel calls Buffy "Buff". Angel doesn't do that, Angelus does.

Now that could just be a throw-away line from Metzler that he didn't even notice but an Angel-shaped person calling Buffy "Buff" sets off a big fricking Dong in my head!

W
Wishing Oceans
Grrrrrrr. This is freakin' annoying! :(
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Only Angelus ever called Buffy "Buff"...
B
Buffyverse Fan
My thoughts exactly. If Joss had penned this I'd say it's definitly either Angelus or an intentional Red Herring. But since Meltzer wrote it...

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
Grr!

In the middle of their epic conversation Angel calls Buffy "Buff". Angel doesn't do that, Angelus does.

Now that could just be a throw-away line from Metzler that he didn't even notice but an Angel-shaped person calling Buffy "Buff" sets off a big fricking Dong in my head!
It should set off an alarm for Buffy too. She did realize it was Angelus in that one episode because he called her Buff. Although, they were just pretending... my head hurts.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I hope to hell my copy comes tomorrow. I don't think I can take the waiting for another day.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
The more I read about this online the more I want NEXT MONTH'S issue to arrive.

There's alot going that I really do not like at all.

Top Bottom