• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Episode Discussion Discussion of 8.38 "Last Gleaming Part 3" - Released 11/3/10 (Dark Horse)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #38: Last Gleaming Part 3

Writer: Joss Whedon, Scott Allie
Penciller: Georges Jeanty
Cover Artist: Georges Jeanty/Jo Chen

tfaw.com said:
While Super Buffy is fighting side by side with Spike in Sunnydale, Angel is on the other side of the world fighting demons of his own. As Twilight he was given a clear mission in regard to Buffy--help her reach the next plane, together create a new world, and end all suffering. But Buffy doesn't play by the rules, and this "higher plane" and a lifetime of happiness with Angel wasn't gonna cut it--not if she had to sacrifice her family to keep it. And now Angel has to answer for his failings as Twilight--willingly or not.

Back in Sunnydale everyone is fighting for their lives against a horde of demons, and someone close to Buffy joins forces with a villain from the past to strive for a common goal--protect the seed.
source: http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer:-Season-Eight-38:-Last-Gleaming-Part-3___370934

Goes on sale tomorrow so I'm sure it won't belong before we'll learn who exactly is "joining forces with a villain". Discuss away!

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Aaack, I can't stand the anticipation! I started re-reading season 8 today to prepare myself LOL, and it made me realize how much I like it (other than the Twilight/frakking in space stuff that I still don't understand). I really love NFFY & WATG.

LyteHouse

FOX cancelled my life
Black Thorn
Imma still reckon the Xander/Dawn cover is a BIG mis-direction tease.

We'll find out soon enough. :p

ElmoHasAGun

Potential
Nah, they're not gonna kill Dawn. After all the hints (i.e. great big neon lights standing over her spelling out will die soon) it's just a great big red herring. Someone will probably die though. Dammit! I'm not getting mine till Friday/Saturday. Won't be able to wait though, I'll just go looking for spoilers. Sigh. No willpower.

Anya2012
Anya2012
Nope, Dawn will die. I'm 100% certain. If she doesn't...I'll eat my hat.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Anyone read the issue yet? Spoilers please! *grabby hands*

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I will have to wait until after work- that means that I will NOT be checking back in on this thread, as I do not want it spoiled for me! But re-reading some of the other season 8 issues yesterday really got me in the mood. So, I'll check back in with you guys at about 5:00 CT.

ElmoHasAGun

Potential
Anya2010 agrees: Nope, Dawn will die. I'm 100% certain. If she doesn't...I'll eat my hat.
Is your hat flavored? Lol. Anyway, the wouldn't be screaming it out at us with a cover/knock to the head/conversation that hopes for a happy ever after just to go ahed and to it. It's gotta be a misdirection. I'll eat my sock if it's not.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Spoilers Ahoy!

Bitsy from Buffyfest just posted their review.

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2010/11/buffy-38-review-spoilers.html

On the whole I'm actually relieved. So much was made of ANGEL IS DOOMED! DOOOOOOMED I TELL YA! and while it doesn't look too good, it doesn't feel like all is lost either. Especially, when everyone else seems to be up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Pain loves company!

I haven't seen that panel where Angel gets possessed, but it sounds like Joss repeats the Angel-vs-Angelus trick. Again, Angel gets a doppelganger to blame. Angelus, Twilight... A different face and a different identity.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I haven't seen that panel where Angel gets possessed, but it sounds like Joss repeats the Angel-vs-Angelus trick. Again, Angel gets a doppelganger to blame. Angelus, Twilight... A different face and a different identity.
Pretty much.

I'm not going to complain though because I was imagining far graver possibilities. Ill get over the poor story once the characters are at least in tact so we can start again.

I'm wondering what will happen with Willow though, she is under a thrall too.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Moscow Watcher
Moscow Watcher
We definitely need more! :)
M

Manderz

oo has anyone read? What do you think. I'm contemplating going to buy it after class today. Should I for those who have already read it. Is it worth the read?

white avenger

white avenger
So, whaddaya think? Are Angel's eyes closed because he's once more totally under (whoever's) thrall, or is he bust going "Blind Swordsman" on Buffy? Either way, it looks like hard times ahead for Ol' Broodie.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
So, whaddaya think? Are Angel's eyes closed because he's once more totally under (whoever's) thrall, or is he bust going "Blind Swordsman" on Buffy? Either way, it looks like hard times ahead for Ol' Broodie.
All the reviews I've read have made it very clear that Angel (and Willow) are completely and utterly under the thrall of Twilight and The Seed, respectively.

white avenger
white avenger
Sorry, I didn't explain. I was talking about the cover picture for next issue. Angel's eyes are completely shut. Why would they draw it like that if it didn't mean something? They forgot his eye color?

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Angel is starting to remind me of that Bugs Bunny cartoon where the mad scientist drinks a potion, and for the rest of the cartoon he keeps shifting between being a meek, polite little man and a big green brute who attacks Bugs with a mallet.

Really, at this point I just want to get to next month, see who dies horribly, and move on.

T
Tasha
[No message]

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Angel is starting to remind me of that Bugs Bunny cartoon where the mad scientist drinks a potion, and for the rest of the cartoon he keeps shifting between being a meek, polite little man and a big green brute who attacks Bugs with a mallet.

Really, at this point I just want to get to next month, see who dies horribly, and move on.
Honestly, I just want to get to S9 so we can be done with all this played out crap.

Top Bottom