• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #0 - Released 4/17/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Meet Angel – a vampire cursed with a soul who has spent centuries protecting humanity from the monsters that lurk in the dark…including himself. Now, looking for redemption for the atrocities committed by the monster he was when he was first turned at the age of 18, Angel stumbles upon a new demon uprising and a shocking truth: The restoration of his humanity can only come if he takes one more life: a certain Slayer from Sunnydale who he’s never met…but may now be his greatest enemy.

Source: Boom! Studios

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Not much thought on this issue. Angels line 'But who would I be if I didn't try' seems to confirm that he is going to step in and try and save Xander. Looking forward to the first issue to get a better feel for what this book will be like.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Any mention of him going to Sunnydale to kill "a certain slayer"? Or was that a load of BS too?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Nope. Just a line about going there if he (angel) does want to punish himself. I'm guessing all that will somehow be revealed in issue 1.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
How many pages was it? It was just a preview, yes? I do like they number it Angel 0. Has a dual purpose.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
19 pgs, with 3 being the same as the Dru/Spike/Xander scenes. And yeah, def preview, although they did introduce 1 character Fee Fee and had 1 death.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
19 pgs, with 3 being the same as the Dru/Spike/Xander scenes. And yeah, def preview, although they did introduce 1 character Fee Fee and had 1 death.
What the hell is a Fee Fee? My gran had a pomeranian named Fee Fee. Little mean basturd. Would always snap at me.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
A witch I guess? Shes into magic and gave Angel some magical necklace. And is the one who suggested Sunnydale. Don't yet know exactly what their relationship is.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
No, this one led the way. Not sure if it led the way to the demon he was suppose to kill or if lead the girl he was training to her death. I didn't get Anya vibes....maybe more Doyle? Like she seems to have info (magical info) that she passes on to him.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I thought this was pretty promising (except it didn't tell us any more about what happened to Xander, really). I liked the montage about Angel's past, I thought that was well done. I also really like Helen, and am sad she died, because if they give Angel a new sidekick, chances are I won't like her as much lol. Could have done without the Fee Fee, but maybe she was necessary. I couldn't tell if she was supposed to be one of the Furies from Caritas?

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
I tried buying this yesterday, but Amazon told me it wasn't going to be released for kindle until April 30th, very annoying. My mood to buy may be gone by then :p

Angel6
Angel6
Yeah they released it physically to stores first, which is not a bad thing really. Don’t want the industry to die.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I enjoyed this one, Helen did make me think of Tina from City Of, his first case that died, the one he couldn't save, I wonder if that death brings about a regular character like Tina's brought Cordelia in.

Angel6
Angel6
I hope Kate gets a Commisioner Gordon-esque role

DagonSphere

Potential
I'm curious about this Angel series. Since it's going on at the same time as Buffy high school years, it will be completely different. Cordelia probably won't show up at all, I wonder whether Wes, Fred, Lorne or Gunn will make an appearance.

brinkster130
brinkster130
I hope we get Gunn and Wes! (And the others too)
Top Bottom