1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel 11.09 - Released 9/27/17 (Dark Horse)

Discussion in 'Angel: Season 11' started by Buffy Summers, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Illyria tries to transport herself and Angel back to the present when it becomes clear that changing the past is perhaps not the solution to the future. But she is having difficulty convincing Angel that he should not, and cannot, fix the past . . .

Source: Dark Horse

2. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Amazed to say that I really enjoyed this issue. Finally feels like we're moving towards something. It's written as thought Angel is going to stop his own siring, but Fred/Illyria want to stop him. Of course he'll still be sired because the repercussions of his not being sired would be catastrophic for the verse, but I still like that it 'might' happen

Grace likes this.
  3. dcai0830

dcai0830 No one ever mattered. Not like she did.

So any apocalypses on the horizon for Angel?

4. Priceless

Priceless I am now

It definitely feels like it's building to something big in S11, but it's been a weird season. Angel was haunted by dreams of bugs (beetles) and flowers and he's been jumping through portals to visit his own past. He met Angelus and Darla and was talking about going back to stop himself being sired. There is also a slim chance that he could go back to stop the curse, or change the 'perfect moment' clause.

5. dcai0830

SHUUUUUUTTT UPPP! Don't tease me like this!

But this would have ridiculous ripple affects to present day Buffyverse. That would have meant no Angelus in Season 2, no acathala, no Buffy going to LA, Jenny alive? or maybe she never goes to Sunnydale?, my mind would be blown. I actually bought this volume but I'm trying to finish ATF (I know... I'm super behind - LOL.)

6. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Lol, honestly I have no clue what is going on in the Angel comic this season. It's either far too clever for me to follow or it's a total mess, I can't figure it out. It's either building to something, which is why Faith was taken off the title, or it's going to be a damp squib and all this time travel will change nothing

7. Grace

Grace Support-O-Gal

I liked this issue too, @Priceless. It actually went somewhere I wasn't expecting at the end. I'm interested to see what happens next.

Priceless likes this.
  8. Priceless

Priceless I am now

Do you think Angel is going to change anything about his past?

9. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Remember in "Time Bomb", Illyria beheaded Angel and staked Spike but it all reset itself. In "Dead Things", the Rwasundi demons created a temporal shift that convinced Buffy she had killed Katrina but she hadn't. IWRY is a story of a day that got wiped out of existence for everyone but Angel. Time travel does not seem to create the paradoxes that it does on other shows - everything gets reset and goes back the way it was. I think this season will be a story of a failed attempt by Angel to change his past but there could be an interesting wrinkle like Buffy suddenly remembers the events of IWRY. That could throw a wrench into the well-oiled Spuffy machine.

Priceless and dcai0830 like this.
  10. Grace

Grace Support-O-Gal

I doubt anything that exciting will happen. Angel and Fred/Illyria will screw something up but it won't be on purpose. I do hope Angel gets some sort of new insight on his human life as Liam and his relationship with his father in the next issue.

While this would be awesome from my perspective, I think they specifically sent Angel on a time-travel adventure so they wouldn't have to worry about the two books lining up in any way. So I think it's unlikely there will be any crossover, sadly.

I would like to be proven wrong on all of this and have some sort of big development come out in the last few issues, but I think it'll end up being a damp squib, to use @Priceless's term. :)

Priceless likes this.
  11. dcai0830

This would be interesting! But at this point I'm pretty sure that Buffy will never remember IWRY events. Its been too long. I feel like its gone stagnet.

12. Priceless

Priceless I am now

I'd love something like this to happen. It'll move Angel's story forward and impact the whole verse, so it would have real depth of meaning. I'm going to be so mad if this season changes nothing