• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel 11.11 - Released 11/22/17 (Dark Horse)

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
As the steam clears from Angel's confrontation with the goddess Illyria, the trio find themselves back in the present where their time-traveling adventure began. Angel, Fred, and Illyria are finally ready to face what waits for them--as long as they all can let go of the past . . .

* The penultimate issue of Angel Season 11!¨

Source: darkhorse.com

Black Thorn
I had really low expectations for this issue, so it was a little better than I was expecting! That "Farewell, Angel" was interesting and makes me wonder what will happen with Illyria in the next issue. This was funny:

Nothing like some thruple theatrics! :) But they only have one issue left to actually do anything with this interesting wrench they threw in the works, so my expectations are also going to be very low going into #12.

ETA: Forgot to mention that Freddye Miller says in the letters col that no announcements about a Season 12 will be coming soon, and she didn't have an update about the Season 10 library editions either.

Last edited:
Am I mean if I say this picture is awful ? We don't even see Illyria's face and Angel, well I can say that they managed to make David Boreanaz less beautiful

EarthLogic

Kissy th' face!
Unless that triangle under her head is actually nose, not her throat and it's just the high angle the artist has chosen...

But this dialogue is truly terrible. Doesn't sound remotely like Illyria.

Grace
Grace
I think you are right about the nose! And the dialogue of course.

Mrs Gordo

No one ever mattered. Not like she did.
Black Thorn
I can’t get this to load, I pre-purchased it but it won’t download for some reason prob cause the internet sucks here. Ugh I’m annoyed! But it sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Black Thorn
I can’t get this to load, I pre-purchased it but it won’t download for some reason prob cause the internet sucks here. Ugh I’m annoyed! But it sounds like I didn’t miss much.
Y'know, just a big creepy flower and some bugs...

Black Thorn
Is that “farewell Angel” the last page? Is that the cliff hanger we don’t know what Illyria is doing?
No, that page is in the middle. Illyria goes hiding inside of Fred and won't come back out to do any fighting. I'm not sure what's going to happen with her, though.

Here's the last page:

Thanks for posting all these pages @Grace. I haven't received my copy yet, and I love to be spoiled. I wonder if Illyria hasn't got a face because she doesn't know who she is. Fred's face is always well drawn with every feature very obvious, she is Fred, whereas Illyria is confused about who she is now, she is both herself and Fred and is changing throughout this season as she has changed her own past, so her face (or lack of) is reflective of those changes have made to her personality.

What?! I can't believe I didn't notice that. I hope it has some kind of relevance to the final plot line and not a mistake.
@TriBel pointed it out to me. This could be huge for Angel and no-one has mentioned it :D But it could also mean he's just not in his real dimension and nothing has actually changed . . . or it could mean he's shanshued or Illyria has made him human . . . or as you say, just a mistake. If it is a mistake I will be really annoyed :mad:

What?! I can't believe I didn't notice that. I hope it has some kind of relevance to the final plot line and not a mistake.
have you seen either the original hard-copy of the comic or a download? I saw this online - I'm presuming it's not a spoof?

Grace
Grace
Definitely came in my subscription download from Dark Horse through Comixology.

gnarl

Potential
Sineya
@TriBel pointed it out to me. This could be huge for Angel and no-one has mentioned it :D But it could also mean he's just not in his real dimension and nothing has actually changed . . . or it could mean he's shanshued or Illyria has made him human . . . or as you say, just a mistake. If it is a mistake I will be really annoyed :mad:
If it is a mistake that would be a huge mistake, it's a whole panel!
It's weird, I never even think Angel might have been shanshued, it's like that possibility has been present in the background for so long that it feels as if it would an anticlimactic if he got it now.
I think it's more interesting if they aren't actually in 'their' version of Ireland, or they've changed the very nature of the world through their time-wandering antics.
have you seen either the original hard-copy of the comic or a download? I saw this online - I'm presuming it's not a spoof?
I read a digital version and I don't actually remember this page so I wouldn't know.