• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #2 - Released 6/26/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Angel, one of the only vampires in the world with a soul, has been walking the streets of Los Angeles for years, neither human nor vampire. After losing his human protege to a Demon, Angel has decided to find a way to finally return himself to a human, so he can escape the guilt of his past, dark actions.

Source: Comixology

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Angel, one of the only vampires in the world with a soul,
Interesting turn of phrase. So are there more vampires with a soul if Angel is one of the only?

white avenger

white avenger
Well potentially there's one on Buffy. Other than that, don't know.
This seems to imply that one or more other ensouled vampires exists, so anything that happens to Xander from here on out wouldn't count. There was a movie several years ago called "My Best Friend Is A Vampire" in which there were two kinds of vampire. There were the traditional kind and something called a "living vampire," which was someone who had been somehow turned without dying in the process. Not that good a movie, but they may be going for something like that. Hopefully, not.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
It's so short. Hardly anything happens.

The serpent in the garden of Eden has often been depicted as having a feminine upper body. People sometimes connect these representations to Lilith. Therefore, it makes sense that Lilith would enlighten Angel by giving him an apple.

Angel6
Angel6
I can’t download it for some reason it won’t show up on my app yet!

redtent

Townie
Just when it comes to an interesting part, it ends. These issues are so short.

Angel6
Angel6
Did you download it from the app? Mine isn’t showing it yet!

Angel6

Potential
Wow I’m really enjoying this new series far more than the Buffy one. Individual comic issues do feel so short though when your used to trades, everyone is quite right. I’m sad Angels friend died, that’s two he’s lost already in 3 issues! I guess this guys luck is gonna he no better than the originals.

brinkster130
brinkster130
yeah, that is a lot.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I really liked the cover with the bridge against the pink sky.

So, Angel is taking on a demon who is using social media to do his dirty work....or just to be evil. Has potential. The art of Brewster under his influence with the mirror was very good.

I liked seeing Lilith lose her cool for a second, I look forward to learning more about her and what she is up to.

Not to sound like a broken record....but these issues are so short!

The Ferg

Scooby
I have to agree with everyone else. These Angel issues are super decompressed. Each issue takes just a couple minutes to fly through. I'd like just a tiny bit more substance. if it wasn't for the upcoming event, I'd probably just trade-wait.

Overall, I'm intrigued, but slightly worried. It just feels like Angel didn't really get anything to do this issue, and the concept of an evil social media demon isn't the most interesting thing in the world to me.

EDIT: The intro siring scene is easily the most exciting aspect of this series.

Top Bottom