• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #3 - Released 7/31/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The landmark re-imagining of ANGEL continues here from Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics, Killmonger), Gleb Melnikov (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) and series creator Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Marvel's The Avengers). Los Angeles is becoming infested with more supernatural threats than ever before-and Angel needs to know why before he can complete the rituals to become human once again. But the vampire-with-a-soul's quest for redemption won't be as simple as he hoped (I mean, it's already super complicated because he was, well, the mass murderer Angelus) when a new threat arrives on the scene and forces Angel to truly examine his past.

Source: Boom! Studios

Angel6

Potential
Very intriguing episode! Seems as if Fred might be some kind of Key? Like Dawn. Interesting to see the premonitions of the future of the story. Really strong issue! I’m curious who the mad sorceress is, and am assuming the blonde love which will bring his greatest pain is the buffster.

The Ferg

Scooby
I'm still into it, but damn, maybe add a few more words next time. I finish these issues in like three minutes. It makes me worried that the writer is a little more focused on "big moments," rather than character development. Maybe I'm just being a presumptuous bitca, but a little more to chew on would be great.

Angel6
Angel6
No I do agree, but to counter balance I hate it when Angel is too chatty in other comics. Some of the idw and dark horse ones he hardly shuts up like Spider-Man
I think the Angel comic has so far been a lot better than the Buffy comic. Probably because the cast is a lot smaller and an Angel reboot actually has more of a reason to exist than a Buffy reboot - to answer the question, what would Angel the series be like without all of the years of Buffy baggage?

I'm really loving Lilith, I think she's a really awesome surrogate to the role Doyle/Cordelia/Lorne played and I can't wait to learn more about her. The change in Fred's backstory and changing her from a scientist to being a sorceress instead is an interesting change and opens the doors for Fred to grow in new and exciting ways. I loved the nod to Illyria, too!

I'm thinking the blonde could be a red herring. It's so obvious that it's Buffy, I feel like it would be disappointing if that's the case. It could be any number of blondes from Darla to Nina to Kate to Harmony to the woman we keep seeing in his flashbacks.

Angel6
Angel6
I think removing BAngel completely would be really throwing the baby out with the bath water though 😂
This was great. Angel and Fred don't look like Angel and Fred, but i still really enjoyed the art. I'm kinda surprised the writers are allowing the Angel comics to be so solid when the Buffy ones are so hit and miss. Looking forward to the next issue!

Top Bottom