• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #30 Release 02/17/2010 (IDW)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Summary for this issue is as follows:
Things are not going so well for either our famously intrepid hero or his “merry” band of assistant heroes. Spike and Gunn finds themselves committing rooftop shenanigans, Connor is in over his head back at the office, and Angel is starting to wonder if anyone is going to find him before he dies of boredom. And just what is Connor “chosen” for, anyway?
summary from IDW: Angel #30 - Angel - Series - Comics

Feel free to discuss the new issue here :)

white avenger

white avenger
I mentioned in this thread

Spoiler! Angel #30 ***BLOOPER*** - Buffy-Boards

some inconsistencies with this issue and what has been accepted as Buffyverse vampire physiology through 7 seasons of "Buffy" and 5 seasons of "Angel." Specifically, vampires don't regenerate severed limbs, nor do said severed disintegrate immediately after becoming detached.

S
Spike Angelus
That part bugged me too.

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
have read the preview but I'm picking it up on Thursday... have to say, from that brief look, I'm not impressed with inconsistencies in the established mythos (I mean hasn't this guy seen Damage?), nor with the characterisation. It just seems off. I had high hopes for this arc too...

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
vampires don't regenerate severed limbs, nor do said severed disintegrate immediately after becoming detached.

Keep in mind, Spike says that his limbs didn't used to dust and then regenerate. And this is a new thing which he doesn't like, preferring being able to reattach them.

^That makes it more and less confusing at the same time.

Like I've said from the beginning of Willingham's run, Connor & Kate are spot on, but the other characterizations are weak. Angel's overly poetic and Spike's libido has begun running in overdrive.

Strangely even Betta George is way off. Lynch designed Betta George to be the voice of the audience, an interesting juxtaposition of the strangest physical form and the most average disposition. However, Willingham's made Betta George pretty odd...

Overall, it's far better than Armstrong's arc, far worse than Lynch's, with Connor, Kate & Eddie Hope being excellent, and our star heroes being passable.

Implementation aside, Willingham made two mistakes that are going to knock this out of canon:

1.) Keeping Dez & Winged Angel (recognizing Armstrong's Arc)
2.) Blasting Joss

At least I still enjoy reading this just for fun, unlike Predators & Prey, and Armstrong's Aftermath...

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
Just read it. I posted in WA's thread about my thoughts on Spike and regrowing a leg. It doesn't sit well with me. The issue was kinda of boring, with the Hollywood stars volunteering to be vamped then re-ensouled a bit too much like the season 1 episode "Eternity". In fact, I think it would have made more since to have the woman who wanted to be a in that episode be the vamp who kills on national TV. And then there's Illrya, lusting after Connor!?!?!?!? Her mating cycle coming only once every 1000 years or so seemed a bit to much like the Vulcans on Star Trek, whos mating cycle is every 7 years. But why Connor?

white avenger
white avenger
Maybe Cordy told Fred how hot he was and Illyria has Fred's memories?

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
Just read it. I posted in WA's thread about my thoughts on Spike and regrowing a leg. It doesn't sit well with me. The issue was kinda of boring, with the Hollywood stars volunteering to be vamped then re-ensouled a bit too much like the season 1 episode "Eternity". In fact, I think it would have made more since to have the woman who wanted to be a in that episode be the vamp who kills on national TV. And then there's Illrya, lusting after Connor!?!?!?!? Her mating cycle coming only once every 1000 years or so seemed a bit to much like the Vulcans on Star Trek, whos mating cycle is every 7 years. But why Connor?

I have to agree. It's getting a little too off the wall.

And I could sooner see Spike being the poster boy for that lifestyle than Angel. Angel's not allowed to be happy! Who would pay for that? Spike's only disability is not being in the Earth's sun.

The mating cycle thing is stupid, but I do understand Illyria choosing Connor. Spike & Angel are essentially sterile, plus Connor has all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses of demons.

I'd tend to say that he's even stronger than almost all Slayers. Sure Buffy or Faith would wipe the floor with him, but given his resilience and Holtz + Angel training, I think even Satsu or Kennedy would be outmatched by Connor.

I'm going to keep reading, but if this arc doesn't pan out, I'll give up on the series. It's still better than Aftermath, but...

Buffy4ever2k10

Potential
Illyria mating with Connor is pretty strange and i dont know if i like the idea or not. At this time i´m half disgusted and half interested how this will pay out. I can´t see any sexual tension between them and its kinda lame.

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I stopped purchasing the Angel comics after Cordelia made her appearance. After The Fall really bored me. I don't even remember the storyline. It doesn't surprise me they are being so careless.

Top Bottom