• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel #35" Release 28/07/2010 (IDW)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Come one! Come all! Discuss the latest and greatest adventures from the LA Gang :)

TFAW said:
Sometimes being a 'chosen' one really sucks. Which is something Connor is about to find out when his little band of merry demon warrior women decide L.A. really needs to clean up its act. No human or supernatural thingie is safe from their swords. And not even Angel knows how to get them out of this mess.

source: tfaw.com

VampireJason

Dangel Activist
I thought story-line was it was very intriguing but being a Spike fan I shudder at the very thought of Spike losing his soul after working so hard to get it back, sigh.

BffyAngelBoi

Townie
I don't think he has lost his soul. I think he may have gotten something else in its place when he completed all those trials back in "Grave".

Though I do have to say I loved the "prophecy" he was having those out-of-work writers pen. Could explain some things to come in September, which also makes me wonder: are we venturing back into canon-land?

white avenger

white avenger
I haven't read this issue yet, but I fail to understand how Spike could lose his soul without knowing that it had happened. Granted, minus the soul, Spike doesn't revert back to the evil Spike-us and start stalking young Slayers and plotting the destruction of the world, but, still, the soul is supposed to mean something important, even in the Whedonverse. Without the soul, there is no guilt or regret over past atrocities, the kind of guilt that drove Spike insane when it was first returned to him. That guilt, despite the fact that he was able, with the love, support, and even protection, of someone who loved him and respected the magnitude of what he had done, to adjust to it and continue to function as a champion, should still be a palpable presence that he feels pretty much constantly, the same as Angel supposedly does, only without the brooding. I can't believe that something as powerful as that could just disappear one day and Spike wouldn't notice when it happened.

I could accept the fact that, somehow, Spike's soul could be taken from him, but the initial shock of the loss SHOULD be at least as great as the shock of receiving it was. At least, it has been whenever Angel lost his soul. I'm willing to be convinced that it might happen, but in order for that to happen, the people at IDW had better come up with a very, VERY good explanation for it.

Top Bottom