• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #4 - Released 8/28/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This is it-the stunning conclusion to the first story arc reimagining the iconic vampire-with-a-soul. Angel must decide which path to follow on his quest to earn redemption and to free himself from this vampire curse-and all roads lead to Sunnydale. Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics, Killmonger), Gleb Melnikov and series creator Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Marvel's The Avengers) will blow you away with a shocking final page reveal that no Buffy or Angel fan can miss!

Source: Boom! Studios

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
We very briefly see Gunn which was cool, he should be a good addition.

"Darkness can fight evil too" will we be seeing Illyria soon?

The Ferg

Scooby
I mean the story itself is fine, and I guess Angel’s characterization is pretty okay, but this issue had the same problem as every other issue. This migt literally be the most decompressed comic book series I’ve ever read. It’s honestly to the point where it feels like the writer simply doesnt want to do anything besides rush to the end of the plot.

I’m still into it through Hellmouth, and I’m very excited to see Gunn, but it’s getting it’s getting silly. This 4-issue story could have been wrapped up in two issues.

brinkster130
brinkster130
Yeah, the pace of this comic is odd.
Top Bottom