• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel #8 - Released 12/18/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
A HELLMOUTH TIE-IN! Back in Los Angeles, TEAM SPIKE - Spike, Fred & Gunn - is doing their best to stem the tide of evil that Hellmouth has unleashed, but the city is being overwhelmed. But to save their city, Fred must decide whether to fight off the darkness inside her... or embrace it.

Source: Boom! Studios

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Another Angel comic with no Angel, still no answer on why Spike is being a good guy when he wasn't in the earlier Buffy comics. He wears a "Taking back Sunnydale" t-shirt, the artwork wasn't that good. The characters are so flat. Also apparently Spike doesn't know how to drive.

The Hellmouth comic wasn't that much better, the writing is awful and clunky. When this all ends in February, I hope that is it because this entire comic series has been one massive let down. The artwork of the first few Buffy issues was a con, designed to lure people in.

I don't understand why you'd wish for something to end when nobody is forcing you to buy or read any of the comics. Some of us actually enjoy them and would like to see them continue.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't understand why you'd wish for something to end when nobody is forcing you to buy or read any of the comics. Some of us actually enjoy them and would like to see them continue.
I was lured in by the artwork of the first few Buffy issues, thinking it was going to bet he characters we know and love but in an updated setting with a few tweaks. Instead, some of them don't even resemble the characters personality wise and just have the character name slapped on them. The artwork carried the clunky writing but since the artwork changed and declined in quality, the clunky writing is painfully obvious. Unfortunately, it's now like being stuck on a train between stations, you can't leave and you have to wait until the journey ends.

Priceless

Scooby
I am enjoying the Angel comics far more than the Buffy ones, especially now Buffy has vanished into the Hellmouth. Kendra is a good character, but she's no Buffy. I am looking forward to the Angel & Spike issues that are to follow the Hellmouth crossover.

Top Bottom