• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel: After the Fall #1" - Released 11/21/07 (IDW)

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
Got the first two volumes for Xmas and just started it... so here are my thoughts on issue 1:

-Angel fighting demons and saving people; always a good start.
-So the dragon is his friend now? Hmm okay.
-I like how the city is drawn from above. So if LA is in hell, I wonder if there is a Sunnydale-esque crater where LA used to be.
-While it would've been nice for Wesley to have peace, this is Angel and I can totally buy W&H being that cruel, plus nice nod to the whole Lilah thing.
-Good job Conner said her name, because I had no idea that was Nina. I get that she's more feral in hell because of its sun and moon, but she doesn't resemble what we saw in s5 at all.
-I wonder where Conner's actual surrogate family are.
-Angel needs healing. Do vamps not heal fast in hell?
-Liking the dialogue between Angel and Wesley, I can imagine that in DB and AD's voices.
-A telepathic fish? Okay well, I guess I dealt with a giant talking hamburger.
-I'm glad I know that Gunn isn't himself, because that line to the female victim about her dream getting erotic just seems weird for him to say and creepy!
- And we have vamp-Gunn. I actually kind of like the idea, but I'll see what they do with it. Wonder what he wanted the skeleton demon's glowy core for.
-Interesting start. Looking forward to seeing Illyria and Spike. The art work isn't great, but hopefully I'll get used to it. I kinda feel like someone should be dead... like dead dead, gone dead. Having everyone from Not Fade Away still there in one form or another feels a bit like if everyone had survived Chosen; a bit unrealistic. But so long as they do good things with the characters, I'll let that slide.

And some thoughts on the script notes by Brian Lynch:
-I like the call back to the pilot and I'm not all that concerned with which girl he meant, they're all important... but he did say that "they killed her" so he took a stand; so I assumed he meant Fred.
-Totally agree about not starting with the alley fight. I like the way it's jumped forward and we're having the consequences for each character gradually revealed.
- I prefer Lynch's dragon idea, but I'll see what they make of it.
- Pg 4-5 is pretty damn good artwork, I'll admit. The character illustrations leave a bit to be desired for me, but the scene setting is great so far.
- Like I said, I can buy the Wesley thing...though I'll miss bad ass Wesley.
-Oops, spoiled it for myself. So Angel isn't a vampire. He gets what he wants at the worst time. W&H have gotten very poetic with the punishments. Kinda confused in that case though, because Angel's reflexes and stuff still seem on the not so human side.
-Ah okay, so the creepy Gunn dialogue was indeed intentional. Good.
- I really like hearing that things were actually planned this way. I think that's part of why this feels so different to reading Buffy, since Ats was cancelled and they had actually intended for there to be more.

Silverspike

Scooby
I have to say I really enjoyed AtF when it was first published and yes, it was far from perfect, but for me it felt like the nearest thing to a true continuation of the show and I include season 8 in that. :)

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
Yeah, I'm already finding it easier to appreciate as canon. So far, the transition from TV to comic seems pretty smooth for the most part. Think I'll enjoy this series :)
Don't know why it took me so long to pick it up... well, yes I do, I prioritized other comics. But I'm not sure why when I always loved Ats so much. But anyway, glad I've finally got my hands on it :p

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I just read the first issue and besides the so-so art the story was great. I am interested in the rest of the story. This is a great start for a season and could easily see this as an actual episode!

I just wish the women were not so sexualised, but I totally ship Nina and Gwen. I never knew I wanted this, but it is amazing. I am curious to continue reading this story and to see where it goes :)

Top Bottom